JukaForever

Versailles Comeback

I can't believe I'll say this, but... this is disappointing, in a sense. I had hoped for Kamijo to continue with his solo-career. If Versailles is reviving, I do root for him to continue with his own project on the side, or at least for him to compose the majority of whatever new releases Versailles may produce.

AAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEE~ ...Still want solo Kamijo and Jupiter around lol, but let's see what good'll come from this. Exciting stuff, thanks for this.

I secretly hope this only applies to their one-day revival at Kamijo's event

It appears this is actually the case, though. This live was already planned, so let's hope it stays at that.

12/28 will also be the revival ritual night according to KAMIJO and HIZAKI. So let's wait for any announcement but I doubt they'll cameback in one go, sensing about their unfisnish projects (Jupiter and KAMIJO's solo) Versailles will commence slowly but surely. Hizaki promised to continue JUPITER despite YUKI and MASASHI leaving the band. And KAMIJO next JP tour is set for 2016 (plus the cancelled international concerts) and reading his interview, he has upcoming album(s).

I don't think it's a comeback. It seems more like a one-time only concert to me, considering Kamijo's concerts in 2016 and Hizaki still wanting to continue with Jupiter. 

Kamijo pretty much confirmed 'revival' in his latest tweet. He also posted an entry on his website, but it is accesible to Rose Croix members only.

タイムラインが美の暴力であふれているね。ありがとう。Versailles本当に復活です。

言葉足らずになりたくないので少し長いですが、僕の気持ちをFCページに書きました。

If they are planning to release anything, I sincerely hope that Hizaki will be kept away from songwriting.

So is the lineup Kamijo/Hizaki/Teru/Masashi/Yuki? That's going to be awkward for more than one day considering Masashi and Yuki just left Jupiter. There was no official reason but I figured it was because they were getting tired of playing JUPITER's music. This makes it seem like that's not the case anymore.

And if this is the real deal, how are the five of them going to work in a band together and at the same time do their own separate projects? I'm okay if Versailles doesn't release music as often as JUPITER or KAMIJO as long as whatever they drop remains quality material, but how they will split time between solo projects and the band is unknown right now. I guess they can pool their material, use what they all like for Versailles and release the rest alone...

So is the lineup Kamijo/Hizaki/Teru/Masashi/Yuki? That's going to be awkward for more than one day considering Masashi and Yuki just left Jupiter. There was no official reason but I figured it was because they were getting tired of playing JUPITER's music. This makes it seem like that's not the case anymore.

And if this is the real deal, how are the five of them going to work in a band together and at the same time do their own separate projects? I'm okay if Versailles doesn't release music as often as JUPITER or KAMIJO as long as whatever they drop remains quality material, but how they will split time between solo projects and the band is unknown right now. I guess they can pool their material, use what they all like for Versailles and release the rest alone...

This is also what I am afraid of. I fear that Kamijo's solo releases won't be as solid as they were, if he now decides that Versailles will return, and that this band will release new material, we will either receive decent music over the span of a very long period of time, or we will receive inconsistent releases that are not living up to their full potential.

Surprised and also wondering about their current bands...

Perhaps it is just a revival, perhaps they want to let Yuki and Masahi leave Jupiter with a big revival from their very roots (Versailles)... I don't know.

If they are going to release new music, I think the pressure is so palpable. People expect pure art from Versailles.