Trombe

MEJIBRAY 2-month consecutive new maxi singles release

Thank goodness MiA's face expression is the same as in every other photo, I'd totally miss it if it changed. Not.

At this point, I think he's unable to move the muscles.

I felt that mejibray was getting stale with 420 theatrical roses already (apart from few cool songs) but since then they've done more interesting stuff and I've really liked stuff like eiki and secret no 3 (which seems to be disliked here lol) i like this new song as well, it's got some new elements and the members seem to be playing to their strengths.

Another meh release for me, even though it's still better than Paradigm Paradox and Eiki. It sounded really disjointed and it didn't even feel as one band anymore.
And that hideous new look...

They really need hiatus.

Everything they've done since pretty much the first album is cut exactly from the same cloth as far as I'm concerned. Nothing they've done, all the eiki's and secret's included is left field or an unexpected contribution to the mejibray sound & conseptual palette. I don't think there any quantifiable ebb and flow in the quality, it's all the same shit 2 mi. 

I like this one, just as I've liked everything prior. It didn't set the world on fire 

but I do have to admit that for the first time that chorus came literally out of nowhere. While I do think calling something 'messy' is intellectually lazy babby's first music review shit but fuck if there ever was something that sounded 'messy' then it is that lol.

Hello again, Prince MiA....

I have not listened to the preview. I want to be surprised when I listen to the CDs I ordered.

And then be like "wtf did I just buy".  To be honest that is part of the appeal of this band. "wtf did I just listen to."

OMG they all look super crazy ilove it <3 except for Kamijo Jr. that refuses to change his look ...im expecting a really heavy sound ! :)

I do not even dare to comment on the hideousness of that look, but I suppose I just did.

with lestat on this.....deer god.

I don't get the hate for the look o_O

They had a little similar look a while back, with koichi having some toy uzis and such if anyone remembers.. Anyways I like the look, but I'm startng to feel like a pathetic fanboy with everyone else hating them :P

Wow.. I really wish that some people would stop try to speak for the whole mejibray fandom. Just because you don't like the song/look/whatever doesn't mean that the band "need a hiatus.". It's a matter of taste, after all. I know quite many who still likes what mejibray does, and I don't think that your opinion are superior to theirs. 

Anyway - I liked the new song, and the look is as crazy as mejibray looks usually are so no big surprise there.

i love mejibray always~ i've been loving a lot of recent songs and i really loved the past few looks before this one (although this one felt kind of disappointing because i was expecting something more crazy and different, i guess).

i think i'd cry and not know what to do with my life if they were on hiatus.

they should calm down for a month sometimes though because my bank account cries every time they announce something.

I must hand it to them, they're obviously really great at selling their image. They've always been kind of all over the place musically though. I think the main problem is their rapid release schedule. That's probably why most of their songs sound like a complete mess. It's because their songs lack that aforementioned coherence. I guess that's sort of their appeal but it's just not for me. I like their ballads and that's it. 

That's probably why most of their songs sound like a complete mess. It's because their songs lack that aforementioned coherence. I guess that's sort of their appeal but it's just not for me.  

Yes, that is what makes them amazing. One big beautiful damn mess.

And yeah, we get it.

It's truly incredible what this band has become in these past years. Incredibly messy and pointless.

But didnt you like their album a lot

Maybe it is THE END for MEJIBRAY

The song had potential to be amazing... the heavy fast paste parts were amazing but the soft slow parts really killed it for me.

Either make a really heavy song or just make a ballad i don't think the two mixed well here 

Mixing it up makes it interesting. It would be boring if it was just one way or another.

I'm sorry, do people REALLY dislike this... ??

This is PRETTY likely my favorite Mejibray song... coming from a fan since birth.. more entertaining guitar riff than usual, fast paced heavy verse. SUPER cool bridge to the chorus and the chorus itself I always loved. it's like the best melodic parts of VENOMS.app with the cool heavy parts it was missing.

Most people citing it for being disjointed? Makes sense, but no more so than most of their songs? Idk, id rather have a pretty chorus that is an awkward fit over a lifeless one that does :/

Maybe I have different criteria for them than other fans but i literally dont have one single complaint. Even Mia seemed to not try to force another guitar solo that sounds exactly the same... not saying it was very different, but at least he took his foot off the gas haha.

Tell em

People complaining about a mess like VK isnt messy, let alone mejibray, being wild is a part of what makes them interesting. My only problem is whoever keeps editing the growls that they are muddy and losing their punch.  And omg yessss pigsqueal for me. Tsu a pimp with vocals

But didnt you like their album a lot

I did like it more than their debut album! I wouldn't say 'a lot', but it was a solid release, I still stand by that. Since then, they've been doing stuff that's just too lifeless and haphazardly-put together for me (or at least that's how they seem). Not that these qualities weren't present before, it's just a case of them delivering songs on these singles that don't grab me personally, that's all. That's one of the sucky things about following MEJI' (for me), cuz you never know when they'll drop another release that's pretty cool or listenable. So that's partly why I still kinda try to check them out from time to time.

To those saying 'move on', well, that's a bit hard when you've been following and loving a band literally from day one, and you were so invested in them that you bought almost every release up to a point. 'Moving on' doesn't happen at the snap of the finger, pls consider this. But okay, I'll try to refrain from giving my honest opinion in the future, after all, that's not what online forums are for...oh wait.