Wicked Teletubby

BABYMETAL new album 「METAL RESISTANCE」 2016.04.01 release

Did they release songwriting credits yet? I have yet to see whether Leda or NARASAKI will partake in this one or not.

As much as you enjoy girls, you gotta give credit to their crew (consisting of well, very familiar faces)

Ps. what's with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu? She has nothing to do with BM - different management, different label, different genre setting...LMAO.

I found this somewhere, don't know it's true or not :D

2wf4img.jpg

Thank you!

I will stick to this, since  "An electronic, almost drum & bass-style intro descends into a murky industrial riff, breakneck drumming" definitely sounds like something Takeshi Ueda would do (see: "Gimme Choco" was crafted by him as well)'

I see that Leda is arranging un-Leda-y tracks again!

I liked that.

sounds like a great way to finish the album.

still I don't like the idea of giving out an album opener and a closer before the actual release.

oh well.

PS: what the hell is that saying at the end?

English is so not my native language but this is awkwardly wrong to my ears.

The irrational hatred of these girls is a little scary. I don't remember ever seeing metalheads get so unhinged before. Personally I don't really care. There are so many all-female bands that run rings around the Kami band that I would rather listen to.

But I do think once the gimmick runs its course, Sumetal has a hell of a pop/idol career ahead of her. The other two, not so sure.

But I do think once the gimmick runs its course, Sumetal has a hell of a pop/idol career ahead of her. The other two, not so sure.

In jpops? I agree.

But I feel like they sing well enough. They sang pretty well in "onedari daisakusen". They have potential and, given some time (in both practice and age), I think they could be pretty good. As an alternative, though, I think voice acting could work out positively for them.

I feel like, at least in the Babymetal song writing, Moa and Yui are not incorporated as much as they can be. It sounds more like Sumetal feat. Moametal and Yuimetal. In that way, I feel a little bad for them because they appear more as back up vocalists supporting "the real star of the show". Don't get me wrong, Sumetal has an amazing voice and they are all talented. But, I am curious as to how this project would've turned out if all 3 members were either all older singers or all younger singers, and the vocal parts were split evenly between the 3 of them.

^you said it all buddy.

Oh Su sings very well in english! The song is a good closure for the album, and a setlist.

dang, I need to add this album on my wishlist asap, and buy the first one too.

I wonder how being exposed to this music early affects the future musical choices of this girls.

Yep, it's everywhere. My copy has been shipped, I should have it by tomorrow *if* the postal service is good. I can't wait, I'm super hyped. Let's hope the album will deliver.

The girls have quite a week coming up. They kick off their tour at Wembley Arena in London on 4/2, then on 4/5 they will be on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert. Shame they got on the weakest late night show. Colbert's losing audience like crazy and he's becoming less relevant. Jimmy Kimmel is more metal-friendly, but he's also in California.

Has anyone given a good listen yet?

I like the album a lot so far. I think their S/T is catchier, but I think there are stronger songs on this one. Yui and Moa sound like they've improved alot too!

Favorite tracks for me so far:

-Karate

-From Dusk Til Dawn

-Sis. Anger

-Tales of The Destiny

-The One

Has anyone given a good listen yet?

I like the album a lot so far. I think their S/T is catchier, but I think there are stronger songs on this one. Yui and Moa sound like they've improved alot too!

Favorite tracks for me so far:

-Karate

-From Dusk Til Dawn

-Sis. Anger

-Tales of The Destiny

-The One

I prefer their self-titled album for the reason you stated, it's just catchier. The new album seems to have went in a more serious direction, more complex songs but overall less fun I'd say. I do like the album but wish it were more like the first. Everything is IMO.

Like @ghost, I love this album a lot! I actually prefer MR to the S/T. As @SwampMan stated, it's more complex and serious, less crazy but I prefer that way tbh.

I read on the internets stuff like 'less crazy, more generic, it lost all of its appeal it's baaad'. I don't know, is it ok to reduce BM to its crazyness, isn't that too much? They can be better than asking for chocolato, and imo they prove it with MR. I can't say much for the lyrics tho, I don't have lyrics and translations in my album :(

I'm very pleased with this album. RoR is ""old"" but still a banger tho. A perfect opening! I'm glad this song made it to the tracklist. I still need more listens to define my favourites.

If you like this record, don't forget to buy it! I mean, for once that it's available on the same day worldwide for alot of countries. #FOXDAY

I have only listened to Karate and The One, I liked The One a bit more.

I kind of thought it would eventually come to pass that, given the huge exposure and attention the band has received world wide, the English language would sneak into their music more evidently. And this is the natural fear that such thing brings along, the fear that the band might lose its Japanese identity by trying to satisfy the ears of westerners, more specifically, English-speaking people.

Japanese is a beautiful and melodic language; it should always be in first place in their music because that's part of their identity as a band and people must learn to appreciate music sung in other languages.

This album is fantastic, I can't skip any of the songs. Whereas the first album was more cutesy and happy, this album is a lot more mature and even the 'cuter' songs (usually sung by the youngest girls) are more serious but they still keep the ''catchy-ness'' their previous songs have. I wouldn't say the previous album was 'crazier' but it was more 'gimmicky' , the songs were more cute than anything else.

They've really showed off Su Metal's voice in this album, she's so skilled and has improved a lot from the first album. I hope she has a bright future if BABYMETAL ever decide to end. The instrumental in Tales of Destinies are great (and just overall, I'm enjoying the band more in this album)

Favorite songs 

From Dusk Till Dawn (gives me chills)

META! Meta Taro

Tales of Destinies 

KARATE

Sis. Anger

The English version of The One isn't bad, I was expecting very muddled engrish but they kept the beauty of the song pretty much intact. I enjoyed both the english ver and japanese ver. equally.

I'm really hoping they will do a double-tour this year like they did last time, MR is just gonna sound so good live and I couldn't get tickets for their europe tour this time.