Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

[REVIEW] LIV'ERT - Victim

I'm sadly still a too big supporter of Starwave Records. this time I did spent money on LIV'ERT a band who will say the label next year goodbye which will follow with a disbandment. the disbandment is a pity because they still could grow into something. By hearing LIV'ERT would disband and a kind of stupid voice in my head that the single wouldn't be published on spotify and that Sinterklaas would pass my house pretty soon I decided to buy the single together with their DVD "Screaming of the sorrow".

Track 01 Victim

This track is something we really would expect from LIV'ERT nice good heaviness, great beats, good song to get wild on. However the more deep grunting could sound better. This is 100% the best track of this CD. The only thing I think of this song that the melody is to simple and to much looping(the same).

Track 02 Hizumi

This is a track which we would totally not expect from LIV'ERT it kind of has a happy boring sound which totally not even fits LIV'ERT look. to me its more a osharekei track. I've no clue what the lyrics are kinda about but I even think that the lyric doesn't even fit the melody at all. But there isn't any award screaming or awful vocalism in this track.

Track 03 Dokoku

This song kind reminds me of some industrial bands which were on the darkest labyrinth label long long ago kinda "Bespa". At least that art of vocal. Also this track doesn't really has a difficult melody it kinda has the same loop all the time, so it's not that amazing written. Its a nice track which made this CD surly the money worth. 

However after a listen to this single, you pretty can notice that LIV'ERT spirit is kinda gone. Somehow their violent melodies from the past don't appear really in this work and also not in their past starwave releases. Still its a damn pity that they have to disband. I'm kinda sure that Kiwamu wanted to turn them in a more mainstream visual kei band which the members themselves didn't want and not really could.

This single is surly not LIV'ERT's best.

But I also cannot call it an awful single. I do like the tracks much much more than the tracks on their last album "ANIMA"

My rating

:3.0:

I really hope that the boys give everything they have until their last breath of LIV'ERT!

Sign in to follow this