Ito

25 Days of ChristMHas Discussion Thread - 2015

2015 is ending and I still need to give Suiyoubi no Campanella a proper listen. I'm still not that impressed with their music judging only from a few random videos, but everyone seems to be raving so much about this album that it's kinda hyping me up.

I'm glad to see PELICAN FANCLUB in the list too! Their EP was a fairly nice surprise in a year that didn't really bring much in terms of indie music. "Dali" was one of the standout songs from Japan this year for me without a doubt.

2015 is ending and I still need to give Suiyoubi no Campanella a proper listen. I'm still not that impressed with their music judging only from a few random videos, but everyone seems to be raving so much about this album that it's kinda hyping me up.

I didn't mention this in my blurb, but suiyoubi's main draw for me is Kenmochi Hidefumi. His production on the album is pretty sick, and I've always enjoyed his style in general. I had an issue with kom_i's vocals at first, and I still think she's expendable, but I've more or less forced myself to get used to them, haha.

Nice! PELICAN FANCLUB's mini has to be among my faves of the year too (probably in the top 10), very cool sounding indie-rock with a strong voice. "Dali" is lovely, and the other tracks hold up too.

Thanks for that nod in the blurb, @fitear1590. That similarity was my initial attraction to the BNT song you picked. But PELICAN FANCLUB have a great sound of their own too, and I'm happy to see them on the list this year. Great album!

MY GOD

YES

ON BEHALF OF PF I WOULD LIKE TO THANK YOU

YES

PLEASE EVERYONE APPRECIATE THEIR GREATNESS

I'm glad to see PELICAN FANCLUB in the list too! Their EP was a fairly nice surprise in a year that didn't really bring much in terms of indie music. "Dali" was one of the standout songs from Japan this year for me without a doubt.

Yay, glad to see some other fans!

Which track(s) from the mini did you all enjoy the most?

I didn't mention this in my blurb, but suiyoubi's main draw for me is Kenmochi Hidefumi. His production on the album is pretty sick, and I've always enjoyed his style in general. I had an issue with kom_i's vocals at first, and I still think she's expendable, but I've more or less forced myself to get used to them, haha.

Yeah, that's the main thing with me. I'm drawn to their production and overall aesthetic (their videos are always a pleasure to watch), but the overall product just lacks something for me. I think I need to do the same and just force myself to the vocals. lol

@fitear1590 "Chilico" and "Karasuzoku" are the other ones I like the best. :)

PS: I know it wasn't well received, but I hope you guys include イツエ/Itsue's last mini-album in this. ): It's December and I'm still pretty much in love with it since January and that didn't happen much this year with me.

Yay, glad to see some other fans!

Which track(s) from the mini did you all enjoy the most?

Other than Dali I really like Police City and プラモデル

But in my opinion all of their songs have very nice/catchy choruses and i think that's what made me like their mini a lot. I'm usually very unhappy if a song sounds very good but the chorus ends up being weak/forgettable.

a very happy kamiyama celebrates being part of AOTY

https://www.instagram.com/p/0SeGJ5v5e5/

I had wanted to check out Kidori Kidori for a while now and when I saw that it was in the running for this countdown I was reminded to get to it and thought that it was the best time to do so. It's a great album, I wish I didn't have a writing block yesterday and had enough time in the day to type up a blurb for it as well. Thank you @fitear1590 and @doombox for that. +1 to '!'~

Tried 水曜日のカンパネラ a few days ago after reading CAT's blurb for Zipang and I'm pretty hooked to the sound, It's a very acquired sound I think but I pretty much took to it instantly (probably because I like weird music xD). I totally agree that the production on this album is insane so crisp and clear.

I've listened to PELICAN FANCLUB's 1st mini ANALOG from early this year but haven't gotten around to the ST yet, I will do that soon :) Nice to see them on the list though.

Kidori Kidori is awesome, I've been a fan since I first listened to their El Blanco album back in 2013, They totally deserve to be on the list. Just a really fun band that makes really fun music.

hmm, only 2 out of 5 (1 out of 5 before the PELICAN FANCLUB got uploaded today) albums are available for DL on MH. Kinda hard to relate when most of them aren't available to check out before hand or even after the reviews.

hmm, only 2 out of 5 (1 out of 5 before the PELICAN FANCLUB got uploaded today) albums are available for DL on MH. Kinda hard to relate when most of them aren't available to check out before hand or even after the reviews.

There's a little site called Jpopsuki that can help you out with that problem :) if you need an invite message me and I'll hook you up.

I have now listened to "ANALOG" (PELICAN FANCLUB's 1st mini), and it's pretty much on the same level as the self-titled one. Cool sound. Would've been fun to make the two of them a double feature on the list. :D(unless it'll pop up later, in which case disregard my comment XD)

I did give coldrain a second try.. and I do like it afterall.. after my fist listen some weeks ago I didn't like it. lol.

The other releases I won't check out... Sorry... even tho i believe they are good but I already know that it won't make me a fan...

IX are a band I know I like but don't always make much time to listen to. I guess they fight with a few other bands for this real estate in my lists. But they are more faces (masks? Lol) I'm happy to see made the cut. That preview song is a fave.

im fucking DISGUSTED at how long its taken me to get around to ix-nine

they're amazing and so up my alley its wild

the sonic experimentation of sukekiyo and the dreamy ballads of 9GBO/sugar meet some straight up shoegaze/post-rock

YAS

There's a little site called Jpopsuki that can help you out with that problem :) if you need an invite message me and I'll hook you up.

I know about it but I heard it is a torrent site, not really into seeding or low dl times. Thanks for the offer though

Also, most of these releases are up at aichuun.co too, I believe (who mostly just snag stuff from Jps or here), if you prefer direct dl.

oh thanks, I wanted to check out kidori kidori after the video sample so I was slightly disappointed it wasn't here. Thanks again

I want to like this band a lot more than I actually do. There's just something about their vocalist that I really can't stand, which is weird for me since I normally don't find vocals to be a deal-breaker even when I dislike them. Hell, some of my favourite bands have vocalists that I dislike (I'm looking at you, Aureole). I keep giving this band a shot hoping that I'll just get used to it but I just can't get into them, despite finding their musical underpinning and the band's overall aesthetic to be pretty brilliant. Despite that, though, I still have a lot of respect for them overall and I consider them to be one of the most promising new acts of 2015. I just wish I could get into them more.

the vocals are kinda shitty-kei, and its easier to ignore in straight up rock but for a style which demands vocals to basically float over everything else, they kind of butcher it

thats my personal opinion, i love them anyway.