Rosebetz

the GazettE new single "UNDYING" (2016.04.27)

Skipped the UNDYING preview for no particular reason, but I at least listened to the b-side previews and they sound fucking majestic!

someone of fbook already did an unboxing and they showed a little of the pv which looks amazing! the concert footage is in it fo rthe person who asked.

last nights setlist:

the GazettE - WORLD TOUR16 DOGMATIC-TROIS- 22.04.2016
Audio Club (Brazil)

SETLIST
01 NIHIL
02 DOGMA
03 RAGE
04 VORTEX
05 LEECH
06 FADELESS
07 DRIPPING INSANITY
08 DEUX
09 OMINOUS 
10 INCUBUS
11 HYENA
12 UGLY
13 UNDYING
14 FILTH IN THE BEAUTY

Encore:
15 AGONY
16 HEADACHEMAN
17 TOMORROW NEVER DIES

Hmm so the set list isn't gonna be consistent? I guess I just have to hope they'll play my favorites. I'd really like to hear Chizuru live. 

On 4/22/2016 at 1:03 PM, Carmelzors said:

A-side arouses the most interest here but b-sides, however, sound like they were lifted off the same song? Probably too reminiscent of GRUDGE or w/e that mid-tempo chugfest was.

As much as i hate to admit it, you nailed it here. At least for the last long...

I hope there's some noticeable variation though. If not, like i always said before....

Expecting much variation from the GazettE during a span of releases just isn't logical. Oh well.

A few thoughts for now (imposing high standards is not cool but they HAVE lots of potential with particular points of improvement here:

Pros:

+ Ruki's gutturals and screams improved a lot (both A-side and this first B-side prove that). At this point they could utilize his improvement to the very extent in their later efforts.

+ Kai sounds less boring/bored (or both actually, haha). I am pretty sure he got a hint from foreign fans and/or metalheads when it comes to his earlier, sloppy playing in heavier tracks.

In the middle:

x Very clean production values. Not sure what I should think about them when...

Cons:

- ...Aoi and Uruha mix still makes no sense. You have two guitarists - why do guitars here sound like as  if you double-tracked them instead of having 2 axemen cooperating "naturally"?

- Reita is as interesting as Paul Gray, oops.

- they could just throw out those (rehashed) melodic passages if they obviously served no particular purpose in the song (MALUM). UNDYING could do much better in the melodic department as well - and preferably without random 0-3-0-1-0-0-3 passages disrupting the build.

Edited by Alroy

I really liked the PV. It would have been better if they hadn't included footage from the live but at least there wasn't that much. It was cool how the members turned into sand and the girl picked up Ruki's mask from DOGMA.

The way UNDYING was done and placed chronologically makes this whole DOGMA phase (at least from the purely musical perspective because there's still the Tour which is part of it) feel complete.  UNDYING and MALUM are a breath of fresh air from UGLY which was enjoyable but nothing really you go back to repeatedly. VACANT is what AN UNBEARABLE ACT is to NARAKU as it being a better version or continuation of GRUDE.  

The GazettE nailed it here. 

12 hours ago, rekzer said:

Any pics of the merch?

The prices are horribly high so i wanna see what im getting when i get raped for it. ._.

Here's some pics:

Spoiler

Tee shirt 1

121bt4i.jpg

13z0sya.jpg

Tee shirt 2

30mlkxx.jpg

2ly0un7.jpg

VIP exclusive tee shirt

xkxd1e.jpg

4v0q3m.jpg

59 minutes ago, Kiryu999 said:

Here's some pics:

2ly0un7.jpg

PfffffttttLMAO.

(speaking of relevant goofery, Dir en grey's temporary 2009 Myspace logo mishaps, anyone?)

Edited by Alroy

My opinion this logo look like Deathmetal / Black Metal 

the GazettE now look Metal 

Ruki voice so Darkness 

I can't believe the GazettE change to Dark side 

old version of the GazettE 

is cool no like now is awesome so sweet ... 

Precious Band so Dark .

That logo is awful and doesn't reflect their sound at all.  You aren't THAT heavy, guys. Chill out. 

As far as Undying, I think it's okay. It's similar in composition to the song Dogma, just sloppier. A lot of the differing sections seem like ideas that weren't fleshed out enough to make sense together, just a lot of awkward and jarring transitions from one part to the next. Carmelzors post already touched on this, but the melodic parts really are kind of... boring. This is my biggest issue with Ruki as of late. His melodies sound recycled and flat, but props to him for improving the screams and growls. 

The rest of the band is fine, except I still can't tell Reita is there except for one really quick, cool bass run towards the end.  I dunno, I guess I'm just not as taken with Gazette's new "dark" phase as other people are. 

17 hours ago, Saishu said:

That logo is awful and doesn't reflect their sound at all.  You aren't THAT heavy, guys. Chill out. 

Perhaps it might hint about potential/prospective Gazette influences? Lol.

Either way, not the first time when we have seen such weird merch:

+ other odd buzzwords.

I need help from someone who got  the v.i.p. meet and greet ticket. What happens at their meet and greet? Pictures...autographs? I'm not sure. Also, since I'm going to be in NY the whole day, I wanted to take my tablet and get some pictures around the city. I'm not staying the night so will security stop me from bringing my tablet in even if I turn it off for the concert?...I have a piece of shit phone so I really need to bring my tablet.