Sign in to follow this  
Yukami

YOHIO new Christmas Album "Snöängelns Rike" release

He postpones the release for DISREIGN's 2nd single to idk when we still dont have a date. Yet he manages to release an album -.-

Ok. I'll be the one to say it. This guy needs to stop pretending to be Japanese. All of his music and releases, guys visuals, track names, etc is the most cringe inducing I've ever experienced in my entire life. I thought Tokio Hotel were bad but this is on a different level. This is downright shameful and embarrassing.

Personally, I think its best if the guy just stops having relevancy. I could understand how ppl were swooning over him back when he was a super huge Hizaki fan boy. He was (?) a talented guitarist (that was in a terrible band). Now its like unnecessary for him releasing something to be considered news here imho. Almost no one here is checking for him nor cares for him. Furik is right, he really needs to stop.  

I can agree with you all to some degree... his solo career imo isnt all that great and i feel like he tries way to hard but on the other hand i really enjoy his carrer in DISREIGN i can honestly see some potential but he needs to set his mind on what thing ... Keep in mind he has a solo career a band career and hes CEO of Keios Entertainment

I don't know why there are still news updates about this guy on the forum. This album isn't even in Japanese for the greatest half. I'm betting there are people who believe he is Japanese or something?

[...]it's just like YOHIO produced SKY☆LIMIT to get the attention of visual kei fans, to get known before producing this thing :/ Just like he used the visual kei scene to try to get some fame, and maybe to get famous in Japan, and then, he decided to go in a totally opposite direction without caring about what fans was expecting after SKY☆LIMIT. It's like THE KIDDIE was suddenly playing some ""Cannibal Corpse"" death metal songs after their first single NOAH, it's a nonsense. Therefore, i agree to say YOHIO no longer have anything related to Japan or Visual Kei.

You mean like a lot of other visual kei bands have done before? Nocturnal Bloodlust went the other way but they show that bands entering or leaving the scene don't mind changing their sound if they think it will work out. He's very far removed from the scene but he's more connected than any other upstart vk inspired musician (he actually collaborated with Gackt on something that's gotta be worth like 100 VK points) so I really can't hate. At least he's dropped the pretentious "vk metalcore" style for this release and did something more palatable. And these are Christmas songs. I really hope he doesn't try to VK christmas.

For as cringe-worthy as his cover of Gackt looks on paper, I hear nothing wrong with it.

^ How is an entirely (minus one cover song) Swedish album even related to Visual Kei?

It's not. YOHIO is really good at releasing music to piggyback off of other happenings and maximize exposure. While he sees himself as part of or maybe influenced by the visual kei scene, he's not afraid of releasing something totally left-field if he thinks it will work out (ex. Heartbreak Hotel, this). This is one of those releases. Right now he's using Christmas and his connections from Gackt earlier to stay relevant while releasing music that will sell and maintain his mass market appeal. It keeps his name out there and keeps people interested. This looks like a strategic business move to me.

I don't think he's done with visual kei though. Watch his next release fall back to the same tricks as before.

Sign in to follow this