Trombe

Jupiter Ba.MASASHI & Dr.YUKI will depart

Jupiter Ba.MASASHI & Dr.YUKI will depart after their one-man live tour "CREATED EQUAL" tour final "BLESSING OF THE FUTURE" at Shinjuku ReNY at 2016/04/29, and their members expect to continue band activities after then

Message from MASASHI [bass]

I have come to the conclusion of leaving Jupiter after considering how to take the right balance between playing with Jupiter and expanding my work as a bass player. For me, causing my fellow members problem is the last thing I want to handle.

I have experienced a lot and grown up a lot as a bass player since the beginning of this band in the inspiring music, the exciting shows and all the rich moments with my fans all over the world. I’m absolutely filled with gratitude for my fans and my crew for their love and endless support for me.

I'll keep playing bass guitar and music after my farewell to Jupiter. I hope all of my fans will keep a warm eye on me in addition to their continuous support and love for Jupiter. Thank you.

MASASHI

Message from YUKI [Drums]

I have decided to leave Jupiter to be able to expand my own musical activities and challenge my potential as a drummer. That said, I'm going to pour all my energy to every single performance until my last show with Jupiter on 29 April 2016.

All the experiences and knowledge I learned in these 3 years are nothing but my precious treasure. All my fans, my crew and my fellow member of Jupiter, thank you so much for everything. I hope your continuous support and love for Jupiter from now on. Thank you.

YUKI

I wish them luck for a variety of reasons. They're both extremely talented so I'm excited to watch them progress in new musical projects.

However it just reaffirms to me that Versailles isn't coming back ever. I guess that was confirmed a while back but like I kept hearing people say that they will be back just be patient but if they're already not interested in being a part of Jupiter they probably won't be interested in reforming Versailles.

In either case I hope this means that Jupiter will regroup with equally as talented members and try to make better music and I can't wait to see what Yuki and Masashi do with their lives.

Yuki's drumming was a core part of their sound, and together with Masashi they were one hell of a rhythm unit. You could hear it more in Versailles than Jupiter. I always thought that Jupiter was trying to be Versailles-lite and market a more pop power metal combo, and in that context I understand what they feel. If Jupiter is going to stay the course - and it seems like they will - then Masashi and Yuki will continue to play second fiddle to the guitarists. There's no room for them to grow in this band anymore.

I hope they stick together since they're leaving together and maybe even form a new band. Visual kei needs them.

Hmm...

I wonder if the Hizaki x Teru politics put a strain on the rest of the band? They seem to be the only members who really matter at this point, and I wonder if this is the same situation that caused Versailles to split.

If I recall correctly, Hizaki has split up bands before for being hard to work with. Isn't that why Sulfuric Acid ended? (Well, that and Tomozo is really good at making people quit his bands)

This is still fairly surprising, but at the same time I'm excited to see what other genres Masashi and Yuki are going to explore next since they're two of the most solid musicians this scene has.

If Jupiter is going to stay the course - and it seems like they will - then Masashi and Yuki will continue to play second fiddle to the guitarists. There's no room for them to grow in this band anymore.

You and I both know that the moment Hizaki decides to leave, this band is DONE. As great as Teru is, this band will not stay afloat without Hizaki. Zin is not that great of a vocalist, and pales in comparison to Kamijo.

Who in the hell will be able to replace Masahi OR Yuki? VERY big shoes to fill.

Well, good luck for their future endeavor.

Also, it won't surprise me if these two guys formed their own band together after this.

A little too predictable if it's really happen.

You and I both know that the moment Hizaki decides to leave, this band is DONE. As great as Teru is, this band will not stay afloat without Hizaki. Zin is not that great of a vocalist, and pales in comparison to Kamijo.

Who in the hell will be able to replace Masahi OR Yuki? VERY big shoes to fill.

That was my next question too

Honestly, I can easily see them moving on from this (as a new project or Jupiter still has me wondering, probably the latter). Now the matter for me is if they get actual new members or just live fill-ins... I'm still supporting them regardless since surprisingly those were the three members that I even cared for. :/

So, does that translate to “we're tired of playing the same boring shit”?

But I guess rhythm section is replaceable for that type of music, so Jupiter will prob continue.

lmfao this was genuinely surprising

i guess being attached to hizaki at the hip for so long gets boring

until peace's comment i forgot how much of a guitar fuckfest jupiter was, +1 on not wanting to play second fiddle to hizaki+teru

im curious to see what their (imminent) new band will sound like and what other great musicians they'll recruit. also im curious to see who hizaki+teru will recruit for jupiter.

Wouldn't surprise me if they both move to a new band together. I'm a huge fan of Versailles but I really couldn't get into Jupiter as much as I thought I would. Anyway,like Shaneth said, GG Versailles too.