Rosebetz

the GazettE - UGLY

So before i start i would like to say this is for the first time i ENJOYED all song on a SINGLE release from any band , i know many will say this is the continuation of DOGMA and i must say WHY NOT??

UGLY

Title song of the SINGLE i just cannot believe how RUKI improved his ENGLISH, i'm a hardcore Gazette fan so i stick whith the band for a few years now and i never thought that i might actually understand the lyrics from him is it me or he likes to curse a lot in his songs?xD Anyway the breakdowns on this song are epic, i love the SOLO from URUHA. The Guitar rifs ar just so agresive that you can feel the atmosphere all over the place.I just watched the PV and i gotta say now i understand what its like on a GAZETTE concert and i believe that RUKI said they wanted to show it in this PV. Chorus to this song is just cool. Love this song Fxxck TRAITORS!!

DEPRAVITY

When i first heard this song i immidietly said to myself this could easely be the TITLE SONG itself it has the same feeling like UGLY agressive,powerful,fast. This song is gonna be fun when they play it LIVE. To be honest i played this song like 100x times and again the breakdown is one of the HIGLIGHTS and i can see why so many people like it. Kai makes a good job in this song love the drums in here and i absolutely love RUKIS screaming in here solos are perfect to it! YOU SHOULD DIE!

GODDESS

If someone thought they would end it with ballad they were wrong. AND IM GLAD! A powerful melodic ending to this single.I love the whispering in this that slowly goes trought RUKIS high VOICE. Again very good job from the band how to keep you on your toes till the end of the song i love tha dark vibe in this!!

OVER ALL FOR ME ONE OF THE BEST SINGLES THEY EVER RELEASED.CANT WAIT WAIT WHAT THEY ARE UP TO WHIT ANOTHER MOVEMENT!!

FEEL FREE TO POST YOUR OPINIONS.

It's only been a few hours since release, why u do dis?!?!?!?

JK. We've been teased for quite some time, so we already knew how this was gonna turn out.

Very well played, ガゼット. You had me going there with DOGMA, and I was starting to think you weren't going to fare well with your new sound.

Very great turnout. Me gusta.

:4.5:

I splurge impulse bought this single on iTunes and am glad I did. This was a nice extensions I wish they had placed Goddess on Dogma because it would've been a great breather. More words probably later after some further rotations.

Lol even though Ugly sounds like the Maximum the Hormone song "What's up people" in the intro. I'm glad they went somewhere more melodic with the song. It's a lot of high energy in this single, which is great.

I really wish goddess ended up on dogma at the expense of lucy getting tossed into reject bin, but that's a minor complaint.

really liked this entire release, and hoping they will produce at least a couple more singles of the same quality before next album recording commences.

I didn't really care for the B-sides but UGLY is a beast of a track.

Has one of the best choruses in a Gazette song since 'RED'.

The title track alone makes the single worth listening to even if the the B-sides feel a bit dull (but still enjoyable).

I didn't really care for the B-sides but UGLY is a beast of a track.

Has one of the best choruses in a Gazette song since 'RED'.

The title track alone makes the single worth listening to even if the the B-sides feel a bit dull (but still enjoyable).

Totally agree with this. The B-sides are OK I guess but the title track is BEEEEEAST!

I like all the three tracks equally. It's such a killer single of the month tbh.

What surprised me most was that the full version of DEPRAVITY turned out to be a really good track unlike what I heard from the very very short preview which was just the heavy part.

Overall, the whole single is excellent but each track is kinda short. Not the point to complain though.

I was not expecting UGLY to be received so well. Pretty cool. 

After a few more listens, I still think its banging but suffers from being a lil bit repetitive at times, at least the title track and DEPRAVITY. I believe this was another main concern with DOGMA as a whole. But still, its banging, new (to an extent), and pleasant to the ears. the GazettE seems to have been able to do what Lynch. has successfully do in their last few albums and get better with their whole heaviness aspect.

Me likey. 

Dude I know right? I was kinda expecting most people to chew it up and spit it out (not shit on it, but dismiss it entirely)

Some peoples' reactions make me wonder if they even heard DOGMA, as no one should be surprised by the heaviness. Either way I think at least 2/3 of this single would have made great additions to DOGMA. A few more tracks wouldnt have been so bad when you're looking at a super standard 14 track set with mostly 3 minute run times and only one SE.

God it doesn't take much to impress on this forum anymore. Gets stall real fast. Already considering taking it off my hard drive. Boring chugfest 6/10

what u talk abouts ? is good song

God it doesn't take much to impress on this forum anymore. Gets stale real fast. Already considering taking it off my hard drive. Boring chugfest 6/10

This minus the edgyness.

No matter how much you downtune your guitar, your riffs don't get any more interesting.

Why even try what you can't pull off.

I thought this single was pretty average, but the guitar work was improved from DOGMA.

UGLY - I think this is a catchy track that reminds me of the singles from the TOXIC era. The guitar solo was the highlight for me, and I really liked the melodic parts too. A lot better than FADELESS. It didn't blow me away but I still like it.  The mix of heavy and melodic parts was actually done okay on this track, unlike for most of the songs on DOGMA.

DEPRAVITY - I don't like the mix of clean and dirty vocals here. This track sounds like DOGMA filler to me. The part where Ruki is breathing hard was weird. The vocals are just so-so, but at least the guitars were nice. I hate to say this but the best parts are when Ruki isn't singing.

GODDESS - This sounded like GRUDGE to me. I wish the GazettE had done an actual ballad instead of adding heavier elements to the song. Honestly even QUIET was better than this, and that wasn't even a great ballad.

This single doesn't really introduce anything new. The B-sides sound like they came from DOGMA. Usually I like B-sides more than lead tracks, but that is not the case here. Hopefully UNDYING is better.

It sounds like "What's Up People" by Maximum the Hormone, and "Bouzenjishitsu" by MUCC.

Why have these comparisons not been made?

Still, sold me on the deep down tuning, but...it suffers from JAGS a bit.
(JAGS --- just another gazette single/song)