Sign in to follow this  
Cristate

[REVIEW] Far East Dizain - TONICK DIZAIN

I don't always do reviews, but when I do, it's because I've been waiting way too long for an album.

1. 業 - Karmar -

Typically the amazing intro I wanna hear for a band to get on stage. The hype is real, love the dubstep vibe. 10/10

2. Cry My Name From The Light

Already said, but bruh that djent-kei works every damn time. I just wanna mosh in the crowd when I listen to these riffs. The bass work is also amazing, I really don't know where they got that Ryu guy but he's good, big time. His lines are very fluid yet complex, alternating slap and finger fretting is REALLY NOT EASY, bassist speaking, yet he masters it. Now I'm just waiting to hear that live.

The drumming is just perfect too, but no one doubted Sujk I guess.
Let's not even talk about the guitar, I mean it's Leda. He's got nothing to prove anymore.
I really enjoy Keita's tone, but he's maybe a bit weaker than the instrumental. He kinda gives me the same feeling than Kamijo in Versailles, like he can keep up to his level but he doesn't have the same impact than the virtuosity of all the musicians.
8/10

3. Memorize

Just what I expected after the last DELUHI releases. It's got that very clever pop vibe yet it's still power metal, and that guitar solo bruh.
Not so "memorable" anyway, I'm writing after the first listen. I guess my opinion about this song will evolve after a few more listens.

7/10

4. The War Went On

I'm kinda meh about this one. It is indeed powerful and effective, but I feel like I've already learnt it more or less everywhere. I don't really know where they tried to go with this one. I know they can do a lot better. I'm kinda frustrated not knowing who composed what, anyone's got the info ?
Really not into the autotuned/electronic voice tho.
Anyway, 5/10, will give it some more listens.

5. Blank Space

Really cool vibe ! I'm not so fond of the electronics tho, but the guitar riff is strong and the chorus is really catchy, again thanks to the bass but I can also feel the catchyness of Code Rebirth somehow in this one.
I love the atmosphere of the break, in between very soft and hard power metal riff. That 8 string really works with Leda.
The ending is a bit rough tho.

7/10

6. Illest

I was kinda wtf with the beggining. It doesn't really work with me. I don't like the bass sound, nor the electronics, nor the women voice, nor that kind of riffs. So yeah the mix of all this is just not for me. The chorus also sound really bitter to me, maybe the sound is too generic I don't know. Again not so original, it felt like bad GazettE to my ears.
3/10

7. I'm a human just like you

Same feeling than when the single was released, I was either too hyped with the first MV and single and then disappointed by this, or I just really don't like it. The song really feels just like a fill-up for the album, nothing extra about it. It's alright but I'll just skip it when listening to the whole album I guess. It just sounds a bit "easy" compared to what they can do.
The break with clean guitars is really good though. The headbang moment must be amazing live though.

6/10

8. Ray of Hope

Ah, the inevitable ballad... I really thought they wouldn't need one on such a short tracklist (11 songs including 1 intro and 3 released singles is really short imo)... But they've worked it out pretty well actually. The calm drumming and smooth bass works. The chorus might be a little generic but it sticks pretty well with the rest of the song.
Loved the solo, must be really intense to see live.
The violin and piano really makes the outro epic. I'm really surprised with this song.
8/10

9. Mirage

Really not so fond of anime opening-like songs usually but the Leda vibe gets me every time. The irregular rythm and smooth bass along with the drumming and the violin is just a weak point I guess. The vocals are a bit better in this one, he's really clean and not trying too much. If Jupiter had done the same song, Zin would be squealing around like a vibrating dying pig and would have killed the song, but I feel like Keita gives just enough.
Again, killer solo. Musicians will just love the album I guess.
Really awesome outro, but I'm afraid that the guitar won't work live cause that really needs two guitarists. Wait & see.
7/10

10. Super Moon

Again not so fond of the electronics, could have really worked without but yeah.
The whole song is a bit meh. I was just waiting for it to get that powerful vibe but it was really too stoic. 
The piano line is nice though, but it's just a bit weird with the synth in the background.
The bass solo was just too painful, how is that guy so good ? And the bridge with the guitar solo is pure genius.

A good 6,5/10 here.

11. LAST SCENE

I've been listening to it for a while now and just can't get tired of it.
The instrumental break is pure genius again, both in composition and interpretation.
Very good way to close such a short album.
8/10

General review : Buy it, or give it a listen, it's really worth it. 7/10
I'm expecting better from them though. They have very powerful and amazing songs, but also weaker tunes.
I think we're holding on the best 2k15 band though. I wish them the best for the future releases, it seems to be going pretty well as their first one-man is sold out.

Feel free to let us know what you've thought of every track too !

They got me good with the advance track and the previews... and then I listened to the album. Or I guess the proper wording should be 'tried to make it all the way through and failed' (finished at the halway point of the penultimate song). Nothing exciting to hear here, just the same old tired formulaic panels stacked upon each other, with just a pinch of heavier, technical-sounding guitarplay to try to sell the package as 'innovative' or 'fresh'. I admit, I still do like "Cry My Name From The Light", and "The War Went On" is also somewhat enjoyable, but the rest I could forget I've ever listened to. A shame.

The most positive thing I could say about the album is that at least the musicians and the vocalist sound like they know what they are doing (except in one of the songs with the unnecessary bad rapping, lol). Too bad that's not enough to save most of the songs from being boring or irritating after a minute or two.

disappointing |  :_4.5/10_:

most of the songs from being boring or irritating after a minute or two.

disappointing | :_4.5/10_:

@ Yes, Blank Space is besides boring it's repetitive with 1 minute of same intro.

I have always appreciate Sujk and Leda works after DELUHI, but this time they tried too hard with that album. Adding so much electronic elements like the band did, make Sujk and Leda's individual potential covered by some shitty effects...So, I look back to the past and see DELUHI... why? why do you end?

repetitive and disappointing | :_3.5/10_:

To be really honest, if Leda were more daring and thoughtful - he would have churned out a proper Djentbro/AAL-y album. The hell, I LOATHE anything AAL or Tesseracty to the very core of my being (the latest record of the former was pure suffering), but as long as any vk collective keeps doing something that's "out there" according to vk standards (e.g. FED's latest PV), I might be down with that. This album had potential but in the end it all got lost in the generic electro-metal-kei-ville.

I expected a lot more from him after having a variety of sessions with more experienced guitarists off the anison and ordinary session metal field...and BABYMETAL (yes, he sessioned for them too).

Crossing my fingers and hoping that Leda will shelve or Kaisan this too.

(It doesn't take a genius to note that other FED guys do little to nothing (think of Sujk or Aggy in Deluigi) for the sake of contribution, hence my Leda-centered take)

this joint rocked, even the engrish wasnt too horrible. ill take it over regular genirc j-core any day

FAR EAST DIZAIN is the most disappointment of the year to me (with DOAK and Dead Children).

I like Leda and Sujk in DELUHI. I like them in UNDIVIDE and Sujk solo project too. These two musicians have potential, for sure !

But here... TONICK DIZAIN sound like the the album of a band of newcomers. We can't expect this with these members.

I also like Keita in CodeRebirht, here he sounds more annoying.

I don't know what they want to do with this band but it's clearly a waste of potential. I only like Cry my name for the light and the epic break. Maybe I"m a Human just like you but the other songs... Especially, I think LAST SCENE is the worst song on this album. It sounds like a Royz's song.

3/10

1. FAR EAST DIZAIN is the most disappointment of the year to me
  2. I like Leda and Sujk in DELUHI. I like them in UNDIVIDE and Sujk solo project too. These two musicians have potential, for sure !
  3. But here... TONICK DIZAIN sound like the the album of a band of newcomers. We can't expect this with these members.
  4. I also like Keita in CodeRebirht, here he sounds more annoying.
  5.  Especially, I think LAST SCENE is the worst song on this album. It sounds like a Royz's song.
  1. It's more disapointing that people think that, including you since you liked some and not NONE. disappointing to me would be arlequin's first album
  2. Please Leda, Sujk, DELUHI, and UNDIVIDE are a hot over rated mess full of weakness and genericness. If they didn't have groupies i bet people wouldnt be overreacting like this
  3. they are new comers unlike -OZ- and arlequin. They sound like Purple Stone meets djent which is a nice mix
  4. at least it not super genric like Misanthropist with over use annoying vocals
  5. great logic lmfao that totally makes sense.

btw do you listen to royz a lot since you know how they sound?

Leda and Sujk are good musicians, really skilled whether you like it or not. They aren't overrated. Especially Leda who was on bass in Galneryus too, long time ago. So, you can't say they are overrated because they have a good musical technique.

DELUHI was a good band, especially their really first mini-album "Surveillance". UNDIVIDE and Sujk's solo project are more... experimental but they had ideas and tried to do something...else.

So, they aren't newcomers. They are on the scene for a while now especially Leda. Only Keita and Ryu are really new but Far East Dizain is Leda and Sujk so... it's not their fault if the band is disappointing.

Keita is annoying because the music doesn't fit his voice. There are a lot of filter and autotune and he sings in English mostly. His voice was more powerful in CodeRebirth for sure !

and yeah, I'm listening to Royz, I have more than 1k of listening of my last.fm. I said Royz but you know what I mean. LAST SCENE is a basic j-happy-electro-pop-rock song totally out of context.

Leda and Sujk are good musicians, really skilled whether you like it or not. They aren't overrated. Especially Leda who was on bass in Galneryus too, long time ago. So, you can't say they are overrated because they have a good musical technique.

DELUHI was a good band, especially their really first mini-album "Surveillance". UNDIVIDE and Sujk's solo project are more... experimental but they had ideas and tried to do something...else.

So, they aren't newcomers. They are on the scene for a while now especially Leda. Only Keita and Ryu are really new but Far East Dizain is Leda and Sujk so... it's not their fault if the band is disappointing.

Keita is annoying because the music doesn't fit his voice. There are a lot of filter and autotune and he sings in English mostly. His voice was more powerful in CodeRebirth for sure !

and yeah, I'm listening to Royz, I have more than 1k of listening of my last.fm. I said Royz but you know what I mean. LAST SCENE is a basic j-happy-electro-pop-rock song totally out of context.

they can be skilled and make bad music. yeah think they are overated, haven't done anything that's jaw dropping.

You say different i say i herd before. and i say this album was good

by new comers i meant a new band and for a new band this was good,

mehh it's fine.

shoking but i asked cause you made it seem like sounding like royz = automatic bad song. They could be looking for diversity

I said they aren't overrated because we know they are skilled. You like them or not, you can't say they are overrated. I know a lot of bands more overrated than DELUHI and co.

Even if it's a new band (composed by former musicians of experience) we should not forget what they did in the past.

They are not beginners. They have all kinds of experience acquired over the years. We should take it in our judgment.

Musicians compose new music through their experiences too.

This is a new band, yes, but they are not newcomers. So, Far East Dizain is disappointing. If the band was composed of newcomers (new musicians with no experiences), TONICK DIZAIN could be a decent first album.

And try diversity doesn't mean quality.

I said they aren't overrated because we know they are skilled. You like them or not, you can't say they are overrated. I know a lot of bands more overrated than DELUHI and co.

Even if it's a new band (composed by former musicians of experience) we should not forget what they did in the past.

They are not beginners. They have all kinds of experience acquired over the years. We should take it in our judgment.

Musicians compose new music through their experiences too.

This is a new band, yes, but they are not newcomers. So, Far East Dizain is disappointing. If the band was composed of newcomers (new musicians with no experiences), TONICK DIZAIN could be a decent first album.

And try diversity doesn't mean quality.

yeah if they havent done anything worth the hype

yes forget whats not worth remembering or remember and i say this is a step up

^

yeah for black swan

Well considering how this is a different direction they are new.. also gives room to step up there game

correct

Sign in to follow this