CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #36: How many unopened CDs/DVDs do you have?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #35  

70 members have voted

1. 1. How many unopened CDs/DVDs do you have?

• All of them! I pretty much never open them.
    • Just one or two...
    • About 20 or more
    • None
    • CD collection? I download everything!

When I was younger, I couldn't have imagined having unopened CDs. Every single one was a treasured experience, and I'd spend so much time pouring over them.

Now I have quite a few (probably less than 20 though), mostly due to getting the CD long after I've had a rip of it. & many of mine are newer UNDER CODE releases, which can be pretty lacking in the packaging department anyway

I was actually surprised how many I have, though they probably won't always stay that way. I do like to open them and check them out eventually, too. But I got about 15 unopened CDs and 5-6 unopened DVDs (only one of them being music related).

Basically same as Delkmiroph, unless the CD is something special that I really don't want open. 

The only CD I have that is unopened is NéiL (Key party band)'s first mini album signed by all members. I left it unopened because the plastic is signed so it would disappear if I open it.

I make a big ritual of opening new CDs (I have to set aside a good 10 or 15 minutes, haha), but I can think of 2 CDs that are unopened. One, I downloaded before the CD arrived and realized I disliked it, so I am keeping it unopened, just in case I can sell it one of these days. The other is another CD I downloaded, but I have already seen booklet scans, so I just haven't felt too compelled to open it.

Depends on how much I love the band and how easily accessible it the release is to the public. I usually get 2 copies; so I can get an opened one to look at the lyrics+artwork and an unopened one to have one in mint. OCD for the win.

Basically same as Delkmiroph, unless the CD is something special that I really don't want open. 

The only CD I have that is unopened is NéiL (Key party band)'s first mini album signed by all members. I left it unopened because the plastic is signed so it would disappear if I open it.

got a cd signed like that too..  So I did cut the plastic that it was small enough to fit in the cdcase lol XD

I voted 1 or 2 but I actually have three. Two because I'm too lazy to open them and the third because if I open it it'll actually damage the packaging(assholes put it in a thick cardstock envelope that's sealed up really well... sigh). I'm usually waaaay too excited to get new cds to leave them sealed up.

Right now, I only have four; two being glam metal CDs (original CD pressings of RATT's Out of the Cellar and Skid Row's debut album), Jacks 'n' Joker's major debut CD, and a Dir en Grey CD.  I used have first pressing copies of Color's Gekitotsu!!, BY-SEXUAL's Cool, and Ladies Room's Rhythm Crush 2 still factory sealed until I decided I wanted to see what was in the booklets. 

At least twenty, I think. I didn't specifically count, but whenever I open up my drawers I see a lot of plastic. I also never actually throw away the plastic casings. For Visual Kei releases, there's this little strip on the bottom of the plastic that you can pull away carefully and with that you only open up the bottom. I always slide them back in whenever I actually do open CDs (mainly so the obi-strip stays in place).

None. I always open them as soon as they arrive. I always listen to music using CDs so if I didn't open them then I wouldn't be able to listen to them.

Exactly 2, I bought the same album with 3 different cover artwork but there was no difference in tracklisting so I opened 1 and left the other 2 unopened. I couldn't fathom having unopened music, especially ones from overseas. Like I waited so long for the arrival and spent money on it, why would I leave them unopened and not appreciate the presentation of the CD?

None. I love having my own personal rips as well. And i never got the whole keeping the plastic on it. If thats the case, why buy?

Can't rely on things always being online. 

None.

It is weird to see people bought CD and DVD and never opened them amd listen the music from illegal download. But whatever floats ypur boat, dudes/dudettes!

I used to have 5 but "I like to touch" [2]. And from a seller's perspective too, I realize no one wants to pay ridiculous prices for new CDS. Video games on the other hand...

Depends on how much I love the band and how easily accessible it the release is to the public. I usually get 2 copies; so I can get an opened one to look at the lyrics+artwork and an unopened one to have one in mint. OCD for the win.

That's me as well XD I have up to 4 unopened copies for my absolute favorite releases.

According to my list i have 458 unopened cds :lolita_angry:

I'm pretty sure I've opened all of my CDs, as I usually end up making my own rips in either v0 or flac. Most of the stuff I buy I either already have downloaded in low quality or isn't stuff that readily appears on the net.

I do carefully open them and keep the plastic to slide the CD case back into. and I also keep the obis.