Trombe

GACKT new album "LAST MOON" & "PLATINUM BOX〜XVI〜" release

GACKT new album "LAST MOON" will be released at 2016/04/27 (18,144yen+700yen delivery), which will include 2CDs+DVD+booklet (20 pages)+MOON TYPE SPECIAL JACKET

their box "PLATINUM BOX〜XVI〜" will be released at 2016/03/16 (9,504yen+700yen delivery)

"PLATINUM BOX〜XVI〜" [contents]
・修楽旅行 in 札幌
 F9に襲いかかる悪魔のゲイム!
・某イベントと謎の交渉マル秘プロジェクト!
 PS:失敗したらご無礼!

CQUS3JcVAAAWLkA.jpg
CQUS3JnUcAARm11.jpg

I am quite sure a regular edition for a regular price will come out. This initially was the price for his last release as well, but a regular edition simply hadn't been announced yet.

Either way. More new material? Oh yes, consider me hooked.

Super excited about this!  I overall really enjoy the album format to singles, and it's been forever since he made a full album. Awesome!

Yes the price was pretty hefty, but that's the special edition pre-order. I imagine a regular version will come too.

That's great and all but I thought we already knew he was doing a world tour? Is he coming to the United States? What are the tour dates? When is this facacta album coming out? Is he going to pull an X? These are the tough questions.

Last I checked, CDJapan has it listed for release in April, and their pre-order is far less expensive than the initial Gackt.com pre-order.

And yeah, that was really disappointing about X Japan's album being pushed back also. Though I'm still excited for the documentary!  And now that the concert is pushed back, I might actually have a shot at going, since I do in fact have a ticket (if it had been as scheduled, I wouldn't have been able to go)

premium edition (18,144yen+700yen delivery) of his new album "LAST MOON" will include 2CDs+DVD+booklet (20 pages)+MOON TYPE SPECIAL JACKET, CD+DVD edition (5,184yen) will include CD+DVD, and CD edition (4,104yen) will include CD only

DVD will enclose serial code for "傀儡が如く" PV

[CD track list]
01.ARROW
02.花も散ゆ
03.RETURNER~闇の終焉~
04.RIDE OR DIE
05.暁月夜-DAY BREAKERS-
06.斬~ZAN~
07.傀儡が如く
08.ONE MORE KISS
09.舞哈BABY!!-WooHa-
10.恋のFRIDAY!!!
11.キミだけのボクでいるから
12.P.S. I LOVE U
13.雪月花-The end of silence-

[DVD track list]
01.ARROW
02.RETURNER~闇の終焉~
03.暁月夜-DAY BREAKERS-
04.P.S. I LOVE U
05.雪月花-The end of silence-

prOg8tPW.jpg
6C80A6S2.jpg

Not his best look by far, but I can go with it. Loving the hell out of the dvd+cd cover though.

Anyone have eyes on the "MOON TYPE SPECIAL JACKET"? That and the booklet if they're the only differences between editions drive up the price by a lot...

Track list is exactly as reductive as I imagined it would be. Thanks Gackt for your brand new album of 80% singles.

I was holding onto the faint hope it wouldn't be so, but it is. It's not like the singles will be new album versions either. Even RETURNER~闇の終焉~ managed to make the cut and there's been an album since that got released, which was incidentally 100% singles. Such an anti-climax, considering this will more than likely be his last "studio album." 

I literally cannot believe that Returner made the cut. Like, its a great song for sure and seems to fit the theme of what the album is going for, but it was released nine years ago. I really would hope that they revamp it a little bit. I feel like the album will be a great one to listen to for first time Gackt fans, but long time fans will be (and obviously already are) pissed about this track list. 

CD-only version = 3800 yen +tax? really ....?

Can't say I'm enthused about that track list.. I didn't really even like any of those singles much..

also, he kind of looks like he's got a lazy eye in the promo pic.