Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

[review] dieS - SOUND MASTURBATION

Yes, it has been I while since my last review for this forum but here ya go, its not a that good one, but I hope that you still enjoy reading it!~

Also readable at Japanese music strike

dieS - SOUND MASTURBATION

At 8/31 I went to their ONE MAN gig in Yokohama. The show was fantastic only they played a little bit to many slow songs. Of course also very good played However for myself I like wild crazy songs do move crazy on. (laugh) Even tho the show was really fantastic and very enjoying. They played 2 hours, 21 songs where played and yes it was a pity that they only played 2 hours. (laugh) It was way to short!!!

This was that day setlist

1.MAD STAGE

2.innocent taboo

3.mirror

4.VICTIM

5.BERLIN WALL

6.smell

7.Matador-マタドール-

8.新生児

9.birthday

10.DIES'N ROSeS

11.dry

12.侵入

13.Scar.to.low.now.YOU.ME

14.パブリックセックス

15.high-裸-night

16.バーサーカー

17.天使

18.太陽

19.MA(裸)RIA

20.SOUND MASTURBATION

21.SA.VA.GEー-nightslave-   BEST dieS SONG!

A nice setlist at the day almost only women went, I guess there were only 2 guys watching?!!! including my friend Dustin. (laugh)

I also saw a few friends which I spoke later to when the concert did end and if I'm back to Japan someday, of course I will visit a concert again if I GET a chance!

I had the choice to buy their new CD without a purchase bonus at their LIVE or to get one in a indie store, however I did decide to buy it at the concert. It was the only thing I bough. Their stuff is a little bit too Pricey... Believe it or not, I didn't listen to this album at all in my hotel room, even if I did bring my DISC-MAN with me. (Why the hell did I carry it with me?!) Anyway even while arriving at home it took me 2-3 week?!! until I thought, OH let's check out the album of dieS... That's very rude somehow. (laugh)

Those who did listen to Victim before would say "oh this album sounds prety the same". At least that was my first thought and even after a few more plays I still think so. So they didn't really went a different way of sound. The new feeling is gone since its nothing really new. Of course it doesn't make the band bad, because why getting a new kind of sound if the past album sounded great to fans?! Well they could have added some new things inside this album, somehow I miss the amazing feeling. Even tho the songs are all played good and nice. For me its like an extension to the Victim album. As always I like Arase's voice a lot, it still has an unique feeling.

I can enjoy this album, but I don't feel the wow effect. So I did not fall in love with this album. But those songs are definitly enjoy live and you can dance while on most of the songs, because they are still rocking. also I like their ballads and slow songs much more on CD, even if they are live nice, I simple enjoy slow and ballads much more alone. (laugh) However I must say, you don't miss anything big if you decide to not check it out right away, still if you want to discover a good visual band who know how to play good music you have to check it out!!!

Still rating:

4/5

Yes, even if you don't miss anything if you wouldn't listen to it. I still give it a 4 out of 5. Because dieS is a great band, they know how to play good music. Every song fits every rif every melody. This album also shows what kind of great band they are and that so many people underrate them so much. However I don't have a favorite song on this album. For me there isn't one who really plops out. 

CD TRACKLIST:

1.SOUND MASTURBATION

2.NO DRUG

3.MAD STAGE

4.シャーマン

5.Scar.to.low.now.YOU.ME

6.Matador-マタドール-

7.デビルズアートデカダンス

8.死界

9.BERLIN WALL

10.幻影

11.侵入