CAT5

[Band Battle] THE BLACK SWAN vs. kamomekamome

Band Battle  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which band are you enjoying more?

• THE BLACK SWAN!
    • kamomekamome!
    • They both kick ass!
    • I can't get into either. Plus both bands have some really unfortunate clean vocals ^^;
    • I have no opinion on this one

you know im going for THE BLACK SWAN cause...they fucking rock and i love them and Jin's voice gives me life 

and cat you are killing me with these random band battles  xDD but i don't mind tho. 

I have a feeling THE BLACK SWAN will win, heh. :D

Voted for kamomekamome tho, cuz while I sort of like some of TBS's songs, kamomekamome's releases have always been totally killer, and they're just a beautiful, aggressive, unpredictable yet catchy hardcore machine that won't stopppp <3

Kamomekamome are super sweet and I really digged all three albums I've heard by them, so I voted for them. I still have never listened to a full release by The Black Swan, but I remember that Jin's vocals already didn't really rub me the right way back in the Nega days. If any of y'all can rec me a release of theirs so I can give them a chance it would be cool tho

I listen both, like both and saw both live.

But deciding between them is no real question since kamome is on such a higher level in skill, live atmosphere, importance for the scene, interaction with fans.

TBS had some nice songs but already sound too repetitive after just 1 year. And whats a good sound on CD if you cant produce it live (this one counts for too many "harder" VK bands anyway)? Still i enjoy them. But if they disband, what they probably will in 0.5-2 years, nothing will be missed. If we're lucky, Jin just continues in another band with the same image. Still love that Shit Noodle thing :D

Since most people here chose for look, limited listening acceptence for other genres/ VK CD-sound and the image they think they know when seeing pictures (while the real band member behavior is totally different and laughable) they will probably chose TBS. 

Open your mind and visit kamome live if you have the chance, you wont forget the atmosphere/energy. For TBS live, if you dont go you wont miss anything imo. 

Both bands really have off-putting clean vocals but kamomekamome is still listenable and they have some cool stuff, so my vote is for them.

I really want to like THE BLACK SWAN, but for me Jin just ruins the whole thing - I don't hate the guy and I guess to some his tone may appeal, but apart from that he is just downright a bad singer who can't hold a note. I do like their music though, but well, gonna vote for the other guys, never heard them before, they sound nice!

Another match up with really surprising results (so far)! kamomekamome is a band I know I should have checked out by now but never liked their pvs enough to make time for it. And I have only listened to one single from TBS so I can't really vote for them, either. And since there's no poll option for a neutral opinion, I figured I'd just post. 

lawful neutral on this one :P

kamesthsth is clearly the better band in terms of songwriting, instrumental performance and production, and whilst their vocalist might not be perfect, compared to Jin he seems like a DNA-mix of lemmy kilmister and luciano pavarotti :D

TBS on the other hand, simply by focusing more on nu-metal than on metalcore riffing and beats have a bit more groove going for them and being VK they offer a little more in the show'n shine department.

so they're sort of on the same level for me, but neither of them actually manages to leave a noticeable dent in my interest-meter, so i'm voting "no opinion"

Never heard either so I'm going by the 2 samples provided from each

The Black Swan:

Pretty much nothing new, the guitarists do a good job of showing off and playing some complex stuff that works in the song and doesn't distract but the vocalist and standard neo sound lets it down, I've never heard Nega but it seems Jin can't really get either right, clean or harsh vocals. Whilst this may be down to the production and mixing both songs sound quite empty 

Kamomekamome:

Whilst the music doesn't stray much from the standard 'hardcore' sound they still provide some interesting parts, the twin vocals work really well and although the vocalist may on occasion be a bit flat his vocals are decent as well as the songs being pretty catchy!

With that in mind, my vote goes from Kamomekamome, these band battles are so much fun! Lets hope for some more interesting battles CAT5

TBS because they are VK so they have a pass on being WEAK.

EDIT: oh wait TBS has bigger balls

Edited by blackdoll

Never heard of these bands before, but I actually like what I hear from both bands.

Thought Black Swans was going to be another overhyped VK band that was in reality just horrible or a meh band, but they're actually pretty good.

Kamomekamome turned out to be a good surprise. they've got the hardcore aspect down, but they're catchy and engaging too.

However my vote goes for Kamomekamome. You can tell how refined they have their sound down, and how they know how to make good songs. The technicality is there, and they're raw anger and fury just come across unhindered. They're a lot heavier and more aggressive than TBS that's for sure. 

TBS is the textbook example of how neo-vk has evolved into the "wonderland" of awful shaky vibratos, nasal nightmares, poor clusterfucks and magical studio cover-ups (which you eventually spot while taking a glance at their lives, "THANK GOD" for triple-track vibratos and odd guitar compressions...and triggering!).

So, kamomekamome of course.

Kamomekamone. Based on the last song posted in the OP. Better than 99.8 percent of the stuff that TBS writes.

I literally don't see the appeal behind TBS. They had one good release (The one with HATE YOURSELF UNTIL YOU DIE as the B-side). The rest of it is copy paste, recycled, feux metalcore, uninspired crap that seems to be the trend in these newer VK-indies bands. Supposedly Jin or whatever his face is popular due to his time in NEGA but even so, he's really not that special compared to the many other actually notable vocalists in the scene. Extremely overhyped band (especially on here) with little to nothing to show for it. Terrible...terrible....just terrible.

I actually want to go and listen to what more Kamomekamone has to offer now.

Sign in to follow this