CAT5

[Band Battle] MEJIBRAY vs. 八十八ヶ所巡礼 (88kasyo junrei)

Band Battle  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Which band do you enjoy more?

• MEJIBRAY!
    • å?«åå?«ã?¶æ??巡礼 (88kasyo junrei)!
    • Draw. I can't choose.
    • Double KO. Neither!

Let's try something a bit different this time and battle two bands from two different scenes, with two different sounds, that aren't related in any way. :P

Though both bands are flamboyantly fabulous in their own ways, and both have great guitarists~

So which band are you enjoying more?

trivia: mejibray has never lost a band battle here before!

MEJIBRAY

juN8eP9.jpg

vs

八十八ヶ所巡礼 (88kasyo junrei)

9AfxtkY.jpg

Edited by CAT5

This isn't even a competition lmao, 88kasyo blows Mejibray straight out of the water when it comes to overall skill and ESPECIALLY consistency. They've been delivering damn solid albums on a yearly basis, while Mejibray has just been getting worse and worse (and they weren't even all that great to start with...)

Solid albums or not, I think there's a tinge of good reasoning lying behind this poll: both are unfortunately quite "one-trick pony-fied" when you think of it (88kasyo is still stuck doing exactly the same thing they've done in earlier albums while Mejibray...do I even have to say it?). In terms of arrangement 88kasyo is much more intriguing though, so I might buy that.

ps. no need to knock on my appreciation of "evolutionary changes" in repertoires - if you enjoy some acts doing the same hullabaloo for years or even decades and whatnot, it's your taste! (I've had enough asshats attempting to bash my ways of appreciation smh)

Solid albums or not, I think there's a tinge of good reasoning lying behind this poll: both are unfortunately quite "one-trick pony-fied" when you think of it (88kasyo is still stuck doing exactly the same thing they've done in earlier albums while Mejibray...do I even have to say it?). In terms of arrangement 88kasyo is much more intriguing though, so I might buy that.

ps. no need to knock on my appreciation of "evolutionary changes" in repertoires - if you enjoy some acts doing the same hullabaloo for years or even decades and whatnot, it's your taste! (I've had enough asshats attempting to bash my ways of appreciation smh)

No reason to change if the formula still works right?

Anyways, I voted for 88kasyo for the same reasons as Pretz and Tokage.

They are really diferent lol

I will go for MEJIBRAY, this year was deception between me and the band, but the others songs like worms, BI NAME JIKA, and their majority songs are still relatively strong on me.

For 八十八ヶ所巡礼, I have never listen to them but the first song is ok to me, tbe second is not my type.

There was no real reasoning behind this poll, other than me wanting to shake things up a bit.

And while I can't comment on Mejibray, as I haven't heard all of their material, I really do have to disagree with 88kasyo being a "one trick pony". Their sound is consistent, but it's also varied and rarely drifts into formulaic.

p.s.: Asking others not to knock your opinion while simultaneously condescending the opinions of others probably isn't the best way to actually express an opinion.

I'm also pretty shocked at these results so far. Where are the Mejifans? @-@

There was no real reasoning behind this poll, other than me wanting to shake things up a bit.

And while I can't comment on Mejibray, as I haven't heard all of their material, I really do have to disagree with 88kasyo being a "one trick pony". Their sound is consistent, but it's also varied and rarely drifts into formulaic.

p.s.: Asking others not to knock your opinion while simultaneously condescending the opinions of others probably isn't the best way to actually express an opinion.

I'm also pretty shocked at these results so far. Where are the Mejifans? @-@

My bad  :lolita_happy:

In terms of 88kasyo, what I just said was my own personal perception - seeing as their songs tend to mix a lot together inside my head, so I could barely tell at least a few significant differences (aside from "different bloops, different dissonant riffs") between them.

I loved VANESSA and the first few singles by MEJIBRAY, but they have kind of sold-out. I do not equate "going major" or adapting one's sound to a new music genre as "selling out". It's just...MEJIBRAY seems to be making songs just to sell them while pandering to fans in a weird sort of way on various SNS. I know the visual scene is having a hard time right now, and the quality of music will take a hit, but MEJIBRAY seems to be more focused on their aesthetics and less on making interesting, engaging music.

八十八ヶ所巡礼 is also losing some steam (i.e becoming repetitive), but the concept of the band and everyone's characters makes them extremely unique. The lyrics are really clever and they are so original and "authentic". 人間椅子 meets Stevie Vai = good craziness.

Can't vote for either. I think Mejibray have really lost their focus and have no direction outside of aesthetics these days. 88kasyo have never really done it for me. Both bands have good technical ability I just don't know what to make of their musical choices most of the time.

Bad ParaPara ( ・᷄ὢ・᷅ ) I will call Meiji's army

I'm voting for 八十八ヶ所巡礼 just because I don't want Mejibray to win.

am i a bad person or sth

Yeah....very bad Para.

I'm voting for 八十八ヶ所巡礼 just because I don't want Mejibray to win.

am i a bad person or sth

I voted for MEJIBRAY just because I expected them to win and now they're not winning and I don't know what life is anymore :P

Dude, c'mon now. The technicality, the quirkiness, the epic guitar playing. 88kasyo Junrei have it hands down!!