Sign in to follow this  
Bear

SIGH

I hope they do too but I'll understand if they stop. They've been going for almost twenty years and haven't released a bad album. That's a pretty incredible legacy and they're looking to live up to it again.

Those instruments look interesting @Bear. Any idea where they plan to go with the sound?

They've actually gone on for almost 30 years now. They formed in 1990 and put out two demos hat year. I honestly think they'll call the quits after the next album, at least as a studio band. Maybe we'll see some EPs,  spesial compilations and so on after that, but I do not think we'll get another four albums, and I don't think Mirai will start on a new round of S I G H unless he knows he can finish it.

I have no idea, I just expect them to build further on the sound of Graveward, like they did with Scenes From Hell which built futher onto what they started with Hangmans Hymn.

Decided to give Graveward another spin today, it's been awhile since I heard it. The album sends shivers down my spine, it's a masterpiece.  I think Oshima is an extremely good fit to the band. Probably the absolute best guy they could pick up. (Still bummed about Shinichi though).

I thought Imaginary Sonicscape would forever be my favorite SIGH album, but I'm beginning to second guess myself.

Edit: Upon listening more to the Graveward album today, from the before mentioned posts, I don't really feel like Oshima is struggling with his guitar solos or anything. It sounds a bit raw, but that's what I expect from Sigh.  I really really think he nailed it on their song The Tombfiller, it's absolutely excellent. 

Edited by Atreides

14125693_1739755336283676_19886468985637

14124373_1739755332950343_51927062990227

14103053_1739755339617009_16740095217467

14045868_1739756079616935_15432623679191

14089248_1739756089616934_55423003199712

14124920_1739756096283600_18126824741928

13908907_811657642267391_807939451563757

13988274_811657658934056_304451830299901

13975462_811657668934055_621509732927199

Pictures from the short European tour with the brilliant Norwegians In The Woods... this month. Looks like they put a good show on as usual. What a band!

Fuck yeah! I just got Requiem for Fools 7" and Sigh / Kawir - Suicidogenic / Sinn for about $48. That's awesome considering Requiem for Fools tends to go for about $80 and the Sigh / Kawir split for about $30. Holy shit, this is awesome! Seller told me they were in great condition as well. And I'll take his word for it.

I was hoping to finish recording the new album "Heir to Despair" by the end of this year but the things have been moving much slower than we thought. I have been taking a lot of time to learn flute etc. Anyway our 2017 will start with Blastfest then we will finish up the new album for sure.

Holy shit, YES! Does that mean we get a new album around July/August next year? Hooooooooly shit!

On 6/20/2015 at 4:04 AM, Bear said:

Shit, this album is so good. Everything, including the production and You Oshima's guitar playing, keeps growing on me. It sounds 100% Sigh, but again they're doing something new and fresh which is really cool. The opening shredding on Kaedit Nos Pestis kinda sets the whole tone for the album, and while there's often something a bit off about the shredding, it sounds pretty fucking cool I'll admit. I hear elements from Hail Horror Hail, Gallows Gallery and Imaginary Sonicscape, but nothing sounds recycled in any way which makes it fresh. The whole album is a nice mix of hard-listening and ridiculously catchy songs, and it's something that works well, just as it did on In Somniphobia and Imaginary Sonicscape as well.

Love album once again from these crazy japanese guys and a girl.

I know this post is quite old, but I'm glad to see that you came to enjoy the album more. Something about is just really raw and primal and I enjoy just about every song off the album. I'll admit Oshima is no Shinichi but he's a damn good pick for the band, I got an instant hardon when I found out it was him. I couldn't see them picking anyone else honestly. Now I can't for their next album, and let's hope they do another full round! :D

Why would you be looking forward to a new Sigh album if you only like one our of eleven albums, and that was the debut album released 23 years ago?

17264422_10155240957839276_6189054635755

Mirai's been learning to play the flute for the upcoming album, Heir to Despair, and it's really cool to see him already play it live.

It shouldn't be too long until the new Sigh album is out now. Anyone got any expectations? They had one last rehearsal before going into the studio on the 27th of January, so they're slowly getting there.

On other news. I was browsing a Norwegian auction site late last night and suddenly saw a man in my town selling Sigh's Desolation and both versions of Tragedies for a very, very good price. Sent him a mail and woke up to "all yours", which means 10 years of intense searching is over. I've talked to people who've had these for sale over the years, but the prices have been too high. The last time I found Desolation the guy was asking for $125 which is a bit more than I am willing to pay. This time however I get all three tapes along with one Abigail, Urfaust and Noctiferum for about $160. Which is a very decent price tbh.

He also had other Abigail and Sigh releases, so I asked about them. Will get Abigail's Eastern Force Of Evil and Intercourse And Lust if they are different versions than those I've already got. Might get another copy of Sigh/Kawi split just for the hell of it.

Anyway, can't wait to go and get Tragedies x2 and Desolation. Holy fuckity fuck!

I'm expecting either more theatrics or psychedelics for the next album. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

I'm really interested in your new haul. Congrats! You're going to need to post some good pictures here when you get them.

It's always hard to say what they'll do next. But considering he's learnt to play flute and shit I would not be surprised if there's a more prog rock-esque approach this time. More classic prog in the sound or something.

The full list of what I am buing:

Abigail - Ultimate Unholy Death

Noctiferum - Serenades Of The Empire

Sigh - Tragedies (Wild Rags Records)

Sigh - Tragedies

Sigh - Desolation 

Urfaust - Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist

Abigail - Eastern Force Of Evil - Abigail's Tribute to Sigh

Abigail ‎- Intercourse And Lust

Sigh/Kawir ‎– Suicidogenic/Sinn

Morrigan/Abigail ‎– A Celtic / Japanese Alliance

Abigail / Morbid Upheaval split

Abigail/Unholy Grave split

Abigail/Sigh split

The stuff in bold are Japanese, and the italic stuff are tapes. Verräterischer, Nichtswürdiger Geist, Eastern Force of Evil - Abigail's Tribute to Sigh and Intercourse And Lust are different versions to those I already got, and Sigh/Kawir and Abigail/Sigh splits are the same. Not sure why I bought them. Probably because I got them for more or less free.

On ‎26‎.‎12‎.‎2016 at 10:20 PM, Takato said:

I only like their Album "Scorn Defeat" but i'm looking forward to hear the new album.

I probably changed my opinion about these band. I'll gave them a second try and now I really like all albums of them, all of them are something special.

Sigh's new album "Heir to Despair" is now in the mixing process. The one thing I can say about this album is that most of the lyrics are in Japanese this time. You all will be hating it for sure.

Daaaamn! Did not see that coming. Doesn't make me any less interested, that's for sure.

Now Sigh's new album "Heir to Despair" has been mixed, mastered and delivered to the label. I am not sure about the release date yet though. It sure is a very Asian album, at least to my ears.

Sweet! Shouldn't be long until we get a new cover art then.

https://www.nesimedia.com/Sigh_-_Imaginary_Sonicscape/p5522147_18514504.aspx

Nesi Media, a Chinese record company of some sorts, are releasing a vinyl version of Imaginary Sonicscape. I don't know anything about Nesi Media, nor do I know anything about this vinyl, but Sigh mentioned it on facebook so it's official at least.

Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape - Pre-Order
2LP, Ltd 300 White Vinyl with Orange & Green Splatter
Asian Exclusive Version.
Release Date: May-04-2018

Long time out of print album, first time released in Asia in Vinyl format.

I just placed an order and are really looking forward to it. I hope the quality is The Crypt-esque.

v5k0h4.jpg

Sigh - Imaginary Sonicscape

This came in the mail yesterday, and it's the one I talked about above. Looks real good, and came with a lyric sheet as well. Money well spent!

Sign in to follow this