Rosebetz

The GazettE new single 「UGLY」11/18 RELEASE !

I'm of the general opinion that bands that join PSC become lame, with the exception of Gazette of course, so if they left PSC imagine how awesome they could potentially be...

Weren't we leaving all the blame with SONY and not PSC or did I miss something?

There is plenty of blame to go around haha

but the track list looks good, themes about as dark as DOGMA, ignoring the one word CAPS format.

GODDESS could be the kind of ballad piece missing from the album

I'm just meaning most bands that are/have been with PSC in general. To me there's a general trend of some of them showing promise at the beginning and then falling flat after joining PSC, The Gazette being an exception. This is just my personal opinion though, I know lots of people like those bands ^^ 

Yes. Because that's where the initial issues began. I remember Reita saying that in the beginning there was a lot of back and fourth-ness going on with how em, music wise when they first signed. At this point, unless someone can prove me otherwise, I don't think PSC really has much of a say of their sound. And it seems that Sony is giving these guys some more breathing room. The band told SONY, while or prior to working on DOGMA that they were NOT Going to release an album immediately after BD. So one can even say that they're putting their foot down and letting things go at their own pace.

With that said, I do agree with Danao. This talk of them leaving PSC or Sony, especially with how they seem to really be so enthusiastic with DOGMA, should come to a halt. We could throw these guys back to KING records and they'd still probably pump more or less of the same thing out. They have a style that they enjoy and tweak with and it will not be changing anytime soon. DIM/(insert previous albums before SR) and those eras are gone and will never come back (well...technically they did in those FC live's hahaha). Changing labels won't do a damn thing. I like where they are.

Bring on UGLY. 

PSC doesn't have much of a say of their sound? Alice Nine and Kagrra, totes would disagree with you on that matter lmao (the latter was actually involved in a scandal which might have led to their desired departure 'til Isshi's death happened - Tomomi's revelations have been up around here in Japanese btw)

Gazette yet has to prove us that they'd be able to get on their own feet and not depend on peer attention to the extent of being one heck of a "suck-up" as sane critics would put it - BD was certainly a huge step towards the right direction in terms of aiming towards more coherent results (something which their previous albums lacked a lot - INCLUDING DIM), and taking a huge risk by making their sound become "one" throughout the whole album (not to mention adopting exactly the same concept from DIM, including pseudo-deep/dark/ritual stuff) happened to be a huge misstep on their part.

Hopefully they learned a bit from " band sessions" (whose existence I really doubt, more like solo efforts per person as pics and tweets implied) and seriously pull together in the near future.

As we speak, is this going to be something what BEFORE I DECAY was to DIM? Lawlz.

Maybe its just me but I've peeped Alice Nine's recent stuff and some of their old stuff. If anything id say that its pretty legit for the most part. And if im not mistaken, there's been a lot of positive reception towards em as of late. Imo, it seems as if Kra is the only one to suffer from this so called "decline because of PSC."  I always thought they were a terrible band anyways so they don't really matter to me (no offense guys). So in other words, yeah...PSC still not getting any sort of blame or eyes turned towards their way. At least not to me. 

When you read the recent interviews, you can see that pretty much the only one who has a direct influence on their sound (or seems like they do) is Mr. Dictator Ruki. I do agree that adopting the visuals when in actuality, a lil bit of the album matches that scenery was a misstep though...BUT we still have yet to see if it matches what else they have coming. Based on these titles, it sounds like it then again, words are words. The music is only thing that can prove anything.

Alice Nine has been more or less the same. Supernova was probably their weakest but I doubt any of their music has to do with their label. Granted this EP they just released is their best I've heard in a while, but I doubt it's because of the label situation. 

I agree with The MAD Stallion though, regardless of whether they stay or go, The GazettE seem to have found a style they're sticking with and slightly modifying to fit their album's needs, and I doubt a label change would affect that. UGLY is going to be some more of their style with this whole dark theme going on, although I really hope it's not another HEADACHE MAN style song.

Also to the people saying the tracklist seems "heavy," I do recall people saying that about VORTEX's tracklist and yet VORTEX was the heaviest thing on there. It was an aggressive single, but not that heavy. I wouldn't be surprised if this single comes out like FADELESS and REMEMBER THE URGE. A lead track, a ballad, and a "fun live" song

PSC doesn't have much of a say of their sound? Alice Nine and Kagrra, totes would disagree with you on that matter lmao (the latter was actually involved in a scandal which might have led to their desired departure 'til Isshi's death happened - Tomomi's revelations have been up around here in Japanese btw)

Care to share what the scandal is about? And who's Tomomi? The PSC head? I have never heard of this until now!

COMPOSERS

UGLY-RUKI

DEPRAVITY-RUKI

GODDESS-AOI

Venomouscell

Headache-man v186

Headache-man v187

New gazette song

jk jk, im excited for this :P

I know it's kind of a thing on here.. but is there a particular reason that people say every heavy GazettE song is like Headache Man??

I think it's funny and HM is definitely the track to use if you do XD. Honestly though I just don't hear it in most of them

I know it's kind of a thing on here.. but is there a particular reason that people say every heavy GazettE song is like Headache Man??

I think it's funny and HM is definitely the track to use if you do XD. Honestly though I just don't hear it in most of them

Haha, it's just that a lot of ruki's songs tend to be variations of headache man in terms of guitar (low tuning, heavy chugging mostly).

But I still enjoy 'em, I just wish I could hear more Uruha and Aoi songs from time to time.

PSC always had a say on bands sound/release schedule... I think the exeption was miyavi, but he was pretty much bigger than everyone else from PSC combined at that time, so...

bis left PSC on the top of their game, being no.1 on oricon indie charts, putting songs on tv shows and such, and If I remember correctly, it was all about the crazy release schedule they had to put up with.

Nowadays I don't think GazettE has to put up with any of PSC bullshit anymore, but they totally had to, back in the days.

初回生産限定盤 (CD+DVD) 

SRCL-8935〜8936 

Price:¥1,836 (tax-in) | ¥1,700

DISC01:CD 

01. UGLY    02. DEPRAVITY 

DISC02:DVD 

01. [uGLY] MUSIC VIDEO 

02. MAKING OF [uGLY] MV

通常盤 (CD) 

SRCL-8937 

Price:¥1,296 (tax-in) | ¥1,200

DISC01:CD 

01. UGLY    02. DEPRAVITY    03. GODDESS 

Pre-order:

12046701_843321499096389_411682372463990

FIRST LIMITED TYPE

CD + DVD

1.UGLY

2.DEPRAVITY

DVD

1. UGLY (MUSIC VIDEO)

2. MAKING OF UGLY MV

PRICE: 1836 yen

REGULAR TYPE ONLY (CD ONLY)

1.UGLY

2.DEPRAVITY

3.GOODESS

PRICE: 1296 yen

So it seems for people who will want to get only one  edition of the cd you will have to choose, all 3 songs will be included only on the regular edition as for the PV and MAKING of it will be only avalaible on LIMITED EDITION.

So it seems for people who will want to get only one  edition of the cd you will have to choose, all 3 songs will be included only on the regular edition as for the PV and MAKING of it will be only avalaible on LIMITED EDITION.

*punches wall*

Auditory and Optical Impression are back? XD

Auditory and Optical Impression are back? XD

When were they gone exactly? x'D (this sentence is weird, I'm not sure if it's correct, sorry -.-)

it's a typical gazerelease.

When were they gone exactly? x'D (this sentence is weird, I'm not sure if it's correct, sorry -.-)

it's a typical gazerelease.

No they never gone, but different from FADELESS, UGLY don't have a description on both with the respective impressions on it, like all the others.

I was going to write "aren't" not "are" my phone corrector troll me hard sometimes. Sorry ^^

No they never gone, but different from FADELESS, UGLY don't have a description on both with the respective impressions on it, like all the others.

I was going to write "aren't" not "are" my phone corrector troll me hard sometimes. Sorry ^^

Not to be picky, but "Auditory and Optical impression aren't back?" makes less sense than "Auditory and Optical Impression are back?" I think your phone's autocorrect saved you

Care to share what the scandal is about? And who's Tomomi? The PSC head? I have never heard of this until now!

I'm not sure about the exact English term for her position, but I believe she is an executive of PSC who represents it when signing contracts, etc. If you can read Japanese, I found this interesting article where she suggests that she could have saved Kagrra's Isshi from committing suicide by convincing him to stay in PSC. She also says that she was the one who asked them to disband, saying that while they could sell out at Shibuya Public Hall, she couldn't see them performing at Budokan, and that the members thanked her for saying that because they had been thinking the same thing. 

http://www.musicman-net.com/relay/121-6.html 

You can probably use Google Translate on the page, too. The relevant section is at the beginning. About halfway through the interview she also says that she cut her hair short the day before the GazettE's tour finale at Yokohama Arena on January 11. 

^ the tea is boiling ooooo

also did anyone see ruki's UGLY comment video? i saw the gifs on tumblr but i have no clue where they're from (he looks amazing tho)