Trombe

DIV new maxi single "イケナイKISS(ikenai KISS)" release

DIV new maxi single "イケナイKISS(ikenai KISS)" will be released at 2015/10/28 (2 TYPE)

limited edition (1,944yen) will include CD+DVD (including "イケナイKISS(ikenai KISS)" PV)+trading card (1 out of 5 in random), and regular edition (1,296yen) will include CD only

[CD track list]
01.イケナイKISS(ikenai KISS)
02.捕食する夢に羊は踊らない(hoshoku suru yume ni hitsuji wa odoranai)
03.Metronome (included in regular edition)

first press will enclose "DIVイケナイくじ(DIV ikenai lottery)" for the following prize:

grand prize (limited 5): 2015/11/07 one-man live ticket+DIV goods assortment gift+meet & greet
A prize (limited 20): 2015/11/07 one-man live ticket
B prize (limited 50): 2015/11/07 one-man live special cheki

COB8snOUEAEPpaj.jpg

I enjoy both the halves of their career up to this point.

The beginning was what got me into them and holds the songs I am the most attached to, and the most recent stuff still has a distinct style that although more straightforward, still has power to it.

As I said of their last album, the problem wasn't that it was a stinker, it was that it was like an introduction album to new fans and left the old fans hanging onto a few new songs which weren't home-runs for many people.

But that album sold more than twice as much as their first and they are defintely going to get a push as the new main act on DC, as Girugamesh will stick to their niche and UNiTE has become very popular but hasn't hit it out of the park. Plus ALSDEAD is on 'break' and D.I.D. is gone, do I am guessing they are giving a SID push to the band (just hope they aren't pushing a direction on the band, which they don't seem to do anyway) and if this is the direction DIV wants to go, I can appreciate that and will continue to enjoy them as long as the next album doesn't contain ten previously released tracks or something.

Also, I am hoping that at least one track is a longer composition that really feels things out, like some of their older tunes, second song gives me that idea, but maybe it's just the title that is giving me that feel.

What.

It doesn't sound bad, but I'll need to listen to the full song (like most of their releases) to entirely judge. 

I guess I'm not used to DIV in party mode since SECRET NIGHT is my least favorite by them.

Edit:

After giving it a couple listens I guess I can dig it.

The chorus came across awkwardly at first (kinda empty), but I think by the latter end of the song everything will tie up nicely. 

On first listen, I'm not too keen on the chorus, but the rest of the song has some promise. They've definitely evolved into one of the better VK bands, in terms of electronic elements.

Not a huge fan of the cheesy video though. I wish they brought in some of that cool Klimt-esque imagery (like on the limited edition cover) instead.