Sign in to follow this  
Elazmus

[REVIEW] シビレバシル(Sibilebashir) - サヨナラ狂詩曲(Sayonara Rhapsody)[Single][2015.06.17]

Artist: Sibilebashir

Album: Sayonara Rhapsody

Date: 2015.06.17

RECOMMEND: YES

01. Sayonara Rhapsody - Drifting, haunting guitar riffs open the title track, giving way to a somber and very smooth verse. The instrumentation is appealing overall. The short slide guitar section before the chorus is awesome! After having seen the infamous PV for this song many times, the story automatically plays for me mentally while listening to the progression of the song (Can't tell if the mood of the song is just very good at storytelling haha). The vocals on the chorus (though I am not overly into the chorus itself) are very strong and show improvement. The same haunting guitar work sees the song out on a sustained note. This song seems rather subdued but in a positive way that a lot of bands don't take the time for these days (4.0/5.0)

02. Sono Matsuro - The song starts a calm, extended ballad intro. Again with very pretty guitar work that seems to fit in with any era of quality VK. I didn't expect to be entranced by such a slow song from them based on what I knew of them prior, once again though each section carries the mood very well. I am more into the chorus here than from the title song (both seem comparable in energy level, this being slightly less dark while still distinctly strained and sad). During the end of the last chorus, the vocals are joined by a really beautiful riff. I still can't get enough of the airy notes at the beginning and end (4.5/5.0)

03. Tokumei Horafukin - Oh my... this intro. Such quirk. I have always loved an evil laugh in a VK b-side haha. Aggressive, subdued guitar riffs. Angry shouting throughout the verse, an attitude that has been absent thus far on this release. There are so many moving parts to address in this one, a few instances of quite impressive high harsh vocals. I am just a fan of the power and charge that Izumi's vocals have. There is nothing cutsey or seductive about his style. Unfortunately this song seems to end before I'm ready for it to every time.. Sibilebashir's style varies to the point it makes it difficult to compare their songs, maybe more VK bands could use this kind of range. Would recommend! (4.5/5.0)

Big things ahead for Sibilebashir, new label, new single announced. They could be on the cusp of something big :]

BIG THANKS to goddess Shir0 for finally bringing us this beauty~! (and Sibilebashir's single too!! ;D)

Sign in to follow this