beni

[Band Battle] 陰陽座 (Onmyouza) vs 和楽器バンド (Wagakki Band)

23 members have voted

1. 1. ��座 (Onmyouza) or Wagakki Band?

• Going with the gods Onmyouza!
    • Going with the saviours Wagakki Band!

Wagakki Band is cool and all, but I felt like their vocaloid covers kinda stifled their potential. I suppose their upcoming album will move in a different direction and showcase more from the band, but compared to Onmyouza's gargantuan discography, there are easily more Onmyo songs that I enjoy. So going with them.

I do wish that Onmoyouza would incorporate more traditional sounds into their music, though.

I personally like Wagakki more for their more contemporary blend, but I can't vote for reasons mentioned above. Onmyo-za have such a huge discography that I am really unfamiliar with and it just seems unfair to vote against them when I'm ignorant to a lot of their work. But holy crap this is a serious battle hahahaha. Beni ain't playing around! 

Both are great bands in their own genre, one being a long-time active heavy metal band and the other being a prominent new comer full of potential. It's really hard to decide who to vote for. Anyway, with me being more familiar with Onmyouza for over a decade, they get my vote.

I'm not a big listener of either band, but I'd go with Onmyouza simply cuz they had some rockin' songs in the past (even though I literally can't distinguish 99% of their songs from one another, lmao). Something about Wagakki Band has always rubbed me the wrong way, can't really explain why. Too bombastic maybe.

Guest lynchisizer

Onmyouza, Onmyouza by far :D great voices, great instrumentals... the guitar solis, the guitar solis \m/

I want to like Wagakki Band because 1) I'm always in for more stuff with a traditional sound to it; 2) they could help fill the void left by Kagrra,. But I feel like they have so much going on all the time instrument-wise that I just cannot enjoy any of their songs. If they could just tone it down a bit they'd be a lot better for me.

As someone who's always enjoyed Onmyouza (more casually than anything though), I vote for them.

Wagakki is great at playing the camouflage game: they hide the mediocre pop tunes, most of which have great affinity with bad visual kei (they have the dullest chorus melodies), by adding tons of unnecessary fluff. The first step to make Wagakki's music more bearable is to strip down their albums to the core elements and remove lots and lots of flutes and whatsthenameofthisthing instruments. But then you might expose that most of their discography is a joke. And that it's just a gimmick band.

Onmyouza is often more straightforward and an example of a group that dresses the way they sound. The band sets their sight at a particular style and don't bullshit around and play with confidence. The downside is like Jigs said, they have a large discography of good songs but not too many of them are particularly memorable. Still Onmyouza leaves Wagakki in the dust, also because Onmyouza's vocalists are way more pleasant to the ear for longer periods of time. It's easier to forgive their same-y melodies when you have two great voices to perform them.