fitear1590

天野攸紀 (amano yuki) Worship Thread: DIMMDIVISION., StrangerSaid., solo, etc.

天野攸紀 (amano yuki) Worship Thread

yuki%20amano_zpspsptnbzt.jpg 

Amano Yuki is one of visual/nagoya kei's best kept secrets. In the past decade, he's played bass (for a short time) in legendary bands like deadman, the god and death stars, and the studs. Currently, he's juggling a number of bands/projects, being most well-known for playing bass in HOLLOWGRAM. However, the projects he leads are much more exciting. In his projects (detailed below), he plays guitar, sings, and writes all the music. Unfortunately, Yuki has not done himself a lot of favors in terms of promoting his work. There seem to be no current official photos of him, besides what he's done with HOLLOWGRAM--not a great technique in VISUAL kei (although, he does seem to operate on the periphery of the scene). Plus, all of his CDs to my knowledge are always released as live-limited—luckily, the majority of his stuff is released from the “vault” eventually and goes for sale on his personal webshop or elsewhere, such as zoisite shop.  

dim my division (2011)
Back in 2011 when he was still known as “yukino,” he released a single under the band dim my division in a mellow, alternative (Nagoya kei?) style.  The two songs (plus the sample of “window” tacked on to the end of track 2) would later be totally reworked in the DIMMDIVISION. mini-album, RECALL.

Members:
Vocals & Guitar: yukino (Gullet, Deadman, the studs, StrangerSaid.)
Bass: kazu (Kagerou, the god and death stars, Stereo.C.K.)
Guitar: KUMA
Drums: hibiki (the studs, otogadead)

Release:
モノクロにクル  
1. モノクロにクル (monochronicle)
2. dims in wonder

DIMMDIVISION. (2011-present?)
On New Year’s Eve of 2011, the band changed their name to DIMMDIVISION. Members yukino and hibiki “updated” their names as well. They released their first mini-album, this time with a very strong shoegaze influence and noisy production, bearing hardly any resemblance to dim my division’s music. The following releases have continued the shoegaze-influence and the RECALL mini-album features some of the most creative retooling and remixing I’ve ever encountered, rendering the old Nagoya kei style music of dim my division into something completely fresh. While DIMMDIVISION. hasn’t had a release in a while, they still perform live, so I assume they’re still active.

Members:
Vocals & Guitar: Amano Yuki (f.k.a. yukino)
Bass: kazu (Kagerou, the god and death stars, Stereo.C.K.)
Guitar: KUMA
Drums: Manabu Saitoh (f.k.a. hibiki)

Ex-Member:
Guitar: takumi (ex-Moran’s velo); departed after the release of first mini-album

Releases:
A Day in the PanoramaMagic.
2012/01/10

1. NightFlight
2. Deva_Loka
3. Embryo
4. HaS
5. Envy
6. .ReyarP

ザヒビキ(the hibiki)
2012/05/04
1. .ReyarP
2. Envy
Note: According to @Trombe, this single features a remix by Manabu Saitoh, with one song with vocaloid vox and the other sung by Saitoh himself.

揺れる/
1. 揺れる (yureru)
2. (fukurou)
Note: A second press was released (date unknown) with different packaging in a clear DVD case. The songs feature no perceived remastering.

RECALL

1. Monochronicle (new ver.)
2. Dims In Wonder (new ver.)
3. Window
4. HaS (RECALL ver.)
5. Envy (RECALL ver.)

天野攸紀 (2012-present)
Yuki’s solo project, which officially goes by his full name, is largely acoustic. The songs are generally much simpler than his DIMMDIVISION./StrangerSaid. work.

Releases:
saw.
1. saw.

Daybreak / colors.
1. Daybreak
2. colors.
Note: This is a collaboration single credited to 天野攸紀& 高井淳(Takai Jun). According to @Trombe, one song is composed by Yuki and sung by Jun, and the other is composed by Jun and sung by Yuki.

memento
2014/03/30
1. memento

真昼の月
2015/05/28
1. 真昼の月(mahiru no tsuki)
Note: A bonus track is connected to the title track. On iTunes, the song appears as “真昼の月 PLAY”.

StrangerSaid. (2013-present)
StrangerSaid. is unique in Yuki’s projects, because it features violin and upright bass. I would describe the core sound as closer to dim my division than DIMMDIVISION., but with the inclusion of the orchestral elements of course. One of HOLLOWGRAM’s songs, “Butterfly in her dreams,” sounds like  StrangerSaid. (with a bit of Moran influence?) and Yuki indeed composed it.

Members:
Vocals & Guitar: Amano Yuki
Violin: hidaka hayato (sources)
Upright Bass: YUCHI (kannivalism, sukekiyo)
Drums: ootaka jun (rowthe, the god and death stars)

Releases:
stranger said_
2013/04/07
1. 無形の輪(mukei no wa)
2. Laughing In The Pain.
3. 白日(hakujitsu)
Note: A second press with remastered tracks was released on 2014/08/15 under the title [ss_2nd mortal.]

a sleep.
2014/01/12
1. a sleep.

THE PAST.
2015/01/10
1. THE PAST./KUMA_mix
2. saw.[ss_ver.]/takumi_mix
3. THE PAST./takumi_mix

Special thanks to VKDB and @Trombe’s informative news threads which helped me to gather so much information!

Now, let’s discuss his music and shed some much needed light on this dark horse figure in art kei!
Do you have a favorite project or do you try to follow everything? Favorite releases/songs? Should he focus more on his three current projects or on HOLLOWGRAM? Do you think Yuki deserves more popularity/recognition?

YES. TO. THIS. THREAD.

he's been in basically all of my fav visual bands, from deadman all the way to DIMMDIVISION. musically, him and aie are my favorite current bandomen since they can basically do no wrong in any of their 45645900+ bands (srsly, a new session or musical project every other month LOL)

What a cute thread :3 There's nothing to discuss, he's a genius! ┐(´ー`)┌

My favorite Yukino's band ever is actually kein, but i follow all of his new projects as well and have most of these CDs.

I really love his music sense. Even covers that he chooses for his acoustic events and etc are always a big discovery for me, so later i often search the original songs and play them on repeat for few weeks. 

Among his active projects i like StrangerSaid. and acoustic one the most.

But he is TOTALLY perfect.

p.s. Yes, Yukino and aie are the best composers for me too, and i follow them blindly whenever in Japan.

What a cute thread :3 There's nothing to discuss, he's a genius! ┐(´ー`)┌

My favorite Yukino's band ever is actually kein, but i follow all of his new projects as well and have most of these CDs.

I really love his music sense. Even covers that he chooses for his acoustic events and etc are always a big discovery for me, so later i often search the original songs and play them on repeat for few weeks. 

Among his active projects i like StrangerSaid. and acoustic one the most.

But he is TOTALLY perfect.

p.s. Yes, Yukino and aie are the best composers for me too, and i follow them blindly whenever in Japan.

wow, I recognize you in KEEL's nagoya live. Haha, small world.

wow, I recognize you in KEEL's nagoya live. Haha, small world.

Oh! Unfortunately I didn't notice any other foreigners there except for my friend WhirlingBlack ._. 

Oh! Unfortunately I didn't notice any other foreigners there except for my friend WhirlingBlack ._.

haha, I'm come from Hong Kong so might be less obvious than you guys :P I'm that asian guy who wear Keel t-shirt stand on you and your frd right hand side^^

Sorry to off-topic, do you guys plan on attend to Sep 25th hollowgram live and 26th Keel live? I will flight to japan attend these two live^^

haha, I'm come from Hong Kong so might be less obvious than you guys :P I'm that asian guy who wear Keel t-shirt stand on you and your frd right hand side^^

Sorry to off-topic, do you guys plan on attend to Sep 25th hollowgram live and 26th Keel live? I will flight to japan attend these two live^^

Ah, that's why! xD

Unfortunately, no. I'm coming back to Ukraine tomorrow, because my university and work start from September 1st. 

But maybe see you next year! ^^