vote  

119 members have voted

1. 1. vote

• Straight
    • BI
    • GAY
    • OTHER!!!
    • I don't kno'

Probably sounds stupid, but I much prefer to say “I like guys?? rather than gay.

On one hand, sexually I'm fine with girls, but I would never have a relationship with one. (So it's a bit too much to say “basically gay, but I also like girls a little.??) And on the other hand, “gay?? just has so much baggage, at least in the USA/where I live. Every now and then I start thinking about how I'm forever my female friends' “gay friend,?? rather than just their friend, etc., and it's kind of disgusting to me.

I wish sexual preference were much more mundane--“What kind of jelly do you like??? “Strawberry.?? “And which gender???

I agree with inartistic with the gay baggage (please tell me that I'm not the only one who thought "tea-bagging") in American society, at least from a between friends standpoint for me. I live a relatively accepting area at home and my school is very gay friendly. However, my roommate, and more specifically his girlfriend, like to give me labels all the time.

"Niiiiick, do you like show tunes?"

"No, I hate plays and thespians."

"Niiiiiick, are you the man of your relationship?"

"We both have penises."

"Niiiiick, how fabulous are you?"

"I shit glitter."

"Niiiiick, are you or is [boyfriend's name here] the sassy one?"

"Bitch I'll cut you."

"Niiiiick, do you want to have girl talk?"

"..."

Jesus Fucking Christ.

I also hate how your, or at least my, female friends introduce you:

"Hey everybody this is my friend Raul........... he's gay!"

"Did you really have to tell them that?"

"Yeah why not? I thought you were already out!"

"I am, I just don't want people to think I'm one of those inyourface-gays. That and I'm not just gay, I have a bunch of other qualities too."

"Haha okay geez... don't worry guys he's just having his gay-period."

"OMG Raul! My boyfriend just broke up with me! Wah!"

"It's okay baby, just talk it out. What happened? I'm here for you."

"Thanks I really need some gay-guy advice right now."

Or some stupid encounters I've had with guys at my school:

"Hey Raul, suck a dick!"

"How many times have I told you that I won't suck your dick in public (guy's name)?"

"Ewww!" *embarrassed*

"Hey baby, can I get some fries with that shake!" *his friends laugh*

*In a really slutty voice* "Only if you come over here big boy."

*All of them turn red and walk away*

FML.

However, my roommate, and more specifically his girlfriend, like to give me labels all the time.

"Niiiiick, do you like show tunes?"

"No, I hate plays and thespians."

"Niiiiiick, are you the man of your relationship?"

"We both have penises."

"Niiiiick, how fabulous are you?"

"I shit glitter."

"Niiiiick, are you or is [boyfriend's name here] the sassy one?"

"Bitch I'll cut you."

"Niiiiick, do you want to have girl talk?"

"..."

Just fucking insult her and tell it to her face. I hate people who like to discriminate in every way possible they can. If i were you i would have fucking insulted her ass and tell her the facts and to grow up! Just grow some bigger balls man and tell her that already, that way she knows she aint got nothing on you. Dont let her drag you around or tell on you that kind of things.

Sorry i had to get that out of my chest. I like justice a lot and dont like it when people get picked on for no reason at all. Its a turn off and it makes me mad, and the fact that a girl is doing it disgusts me. I though woman were more gentle, understanding and open. I guess some are not, what a loss! (you can her the last statement i made about women, she prob shit on herself,not like we care =D)

"I am, I just don't want people to think I'm one of those inyourface-gays. That and I'm not just gay, I have a bunch of other qualities too."

"OMG Raul! My boyfriend just broke up with me! Wah!"

"It's okay baby, just talk it out. What happened? I'm here for you."

"Thanks I really need some gay-guy advice right now."

Or some stupid encounters I've had with guys at my school:

"Hey Raul, suck a dick!"

"How many times have I told you that I won't suck your dick in public (guy's name)?"

"Ewww!" *embarrassed*

"Hey baby, can I get some fries with that shake!" *his friends laugh*

*In a really slutty voice* "Only if you come over here big boy."

*All of them turn red and walk away*

FML.

Jesus Fucking Christ.

Cool backslashes. Next time curse your friends out and or just stop talking to them and find new friends. Good friends would not do that.

Meh, I can complain about that mind-set all I want but it's not going to change anything. They'd stop doing it to me only for flipping out, but they'd just continue on to the next person. Besides, losing my cool at people isn't really my style even if it seems like it over the internet. Most of it was done teasingly anyway since she's a big gay rights advocate, but it seems like the group of friends my roommate is a part of (the same his girlfriend is from) is pretty big on conforming to stereo types and complaining about anything and everything. That's pretty much how everyone I've ever met treats me too, so I've been conditioned to just deal with it and move on. I vent through positive outlets though, so there's no need to get upset :P .

Also, mostly girls tend to bring up stuff like this more than guys. It might be because even if guys are okay with it, they kind of assume that it might be slightly awkward or uncomfortable to other males so they aren't inclined to ask awkward questions in public or introduce me as "their gay friend." Maybe as a counter-cultural revolution I'll start introducing people as "my Jewish friend," "my black friend," "my fat friend," "my skinny friend," "my atheist friend," "my right handed friend," etc.

I've decided to that I am option number 2, but I can't change that on the poll now. My friends would totally disown me if I told them, so I won't.

Next time curse your friends out and or just stop talking to them and find new friends. Good friends would not do that.

Although it does get on my nerves, I don't think I'd curse my friends out because of it. It's foolish of them to have to generalize me when they know me very well, but they only do it to poke incessant fun at me. I'm considering taking PHmkII's counter-cultural method and begin introducing my friends as "my friend who has to shove a cotton rocket up her vag to stop her uncontrollable menstrual bleeding".

I've decided to that I am option number 2, but I can't change that on the poll now. My friends would totally disown me if I told them, so I won't.

[cliché]Then those people aren't your friends.[/cliché]

Tell 'em you're Bi and that you have a raging boner for them. Seriously, if they choose to befriend you because of something that insignificant, start to think about what kind of people you're hanging around with. You aren't losing anything at all, it's a good thing to shed people like that from your life.

i have different view about this,

i can see that there is times also, that us gay people that went over sensitive about everything that straight people said or do that associated with gay.

When i have a friend introduce me to their friends, and telling i am gay. I won't feel offended. Because that's what i am. He/she just try to help me with that, and the friend didn't meant to picked on me for that, that's too crazy if one could think such things. Unless they say "he's gay and you must be careful" or with some tones that lower us or something.

If they didn't why having some fail emotion?

But that doesn't meant i never get upset.

I will if the situation is right, say if one say something lame and called it "so gay". That thing i can never accept, cos being a gay is not lame.

But if one say, "omg that dramedy movie make me feel all gay" then i will be happy for them. Because they might just saying that the movie making them feel all happy. Since on Webster's the words gay means happy.

Also if one called gay as homo, well i can't accept that cos that sounds rude.

Cos that word mostly use for cursing same sex people.

We have to learn to laugh at ourselves more when it is funny and stop being underestimate and feeling discomfort constantly.

Really, just let your hair down a little and the world will be a much better place.

I guess it's also about how one raised as a person.

I am living in the U.S too, in a very strict Catholic family as well.

I mean, My Dad were born in Kansas City, you know what's it's like there.

But i can express myself openly to my family, all of them, not just my parents, and they welcomes me for who i am.

And that, to me really helps when i am growing up as a man.

Make me confident and see the world the same way that straights may see it as. See it in a more positive lights.

I am aware not many people as lucky as i do,

but that's should encourage to stand for yourself than feeling discriminated everytime people sounds like saying things about gay.

Show it to everyone the gay quality, that we are more than someone who love to play around, fuck around and someone that always sulk, whine, complains and feel sorry because of being gay, because of you feel surpressed and stuffs.

See how many successful people that we look up to, our bosses, governors, singers, actors, even someday, president are/can be a gay and still enjoy life and wise, charismatic and remain respectful.

Some people are just born without ability to say or do things that are nice.

So don't stress that for long time, instead get the bigger picture, make it as a whip to motivate you to be a better person.

You cannot be harm until you feel harmed.

And i ain't even dreaming or talk about one.

I also dislike how easy people assume someone is homosexual.

"He walks like that" meaning he's gay. As well as wearing jewelry etc etc etc.

I'd say I'm kind of a feminin guy (based on clothing and shit) because I love shopping clothes, jewelry, accessories etc. I love to wear tight clothes, as well as shit loads of jewelry (rings, necklaces, braclets etc). And yes, alot of people believe I'm homosexual simply because of this. I just think it's wrong.

I'm about 95% sure I'm gay. Even though I kind of developed some quite unhealthy contempt against most guys I've been fooling around with. Going by looks, most people'd also assume I'm at least bi, but when they talk to me they always get the impression I'm straight, since I don't have any gayness-implying talking habits. Maybe that's 'cause I seem to be rather rude and unrefined at times.

Also, I've had relationships as well as sex with girls as well, but it's always been very awkward for me, and I somehow only really fall in love with men, if at all.

As a girl I must say this is not only just gay guys' problem. :'D I mean... I used to do what you mentioned to my gay friend and I was very aware that he felt pissed off by it, but I did it half proud half to fuck up with him because I knew it would annoy him eventually. :'D Yet I was very proud he had found himself so early and knew by heart so young that he didn't like girls at all.

But nowadays I wouldn't do it to him because I've just experienced that proud but uncomfortable labeling from a male friend. Basicly our conversation goes like this:

"It's just how you lesbians are. You don't understand and you do this and that and that too."

"...Dalle, I'm not a lesbian. I like guys too."

"NO, YOU ARE A LESBIAN. YOU MUST BE. I WANT A LESBIAN PET. :'< I have already told all my friends that I have one."

".............aaaaaaalrighty then..."

So really, I feel you and everyone else who get introduced by their orientation.

@Peekan guy and Miasma: well yeah i get what you mean but its kinda dumb seriously. I guess im too much of fighting person his/her rights for all people around the world. I cant stand it seriously and i would tell them. Im bi and i will say it when i want too, not when people want too and if they did introduce me that way(which happened once) i was like: What the fuck are you saying its like she's a cute/hot girl i could go out with and now you ruined everything-great now just go fak yourself. I have said that before and if they dont like it, oh well - im me and i dont care if a loose a friend or not since im not dependable of anybody-plus i have better friends than that one person.

@DLS : "YES THEY ARE NOT TRUE FRIENDS", just tell them and find new ones if they dont like you cuz of something soo insignificant. You will get better friends later on in life-you are still young. When i told my friends it was weird but they didnt care cuz now we still hang out and we are still friends since 3 years ago. =D

I'd say I'm a mix of bi-curious and mostly straight. But the human body disgusts me and I'd say I'm leaning towards "Other" more and more. (As in love in the afterlife and beyond this physical realm.) My idea of beauty is out of this world but can be achieved by some humans with the right amount of makeup and other things.

They still have human parts though. I'm sometimes attracted to humans still but sometimes i am disgusted by it. I wouldn't say I'm asexual though or contemplating this. 

I'm complicated... lol

can you propose "hetero" instead of "straight"... there is no righteousness in love....

so I'm a man who love only girl, don't care about if people are gay, hetero or bi but don't wan't have gay (or other) experience ^^.

so i think i does vote straight, because i don't see hetero...

i always thought that i'm straight because i've never felt any sexual attraction to other guys from real life but fuuuuu sometimes when i see vk dude in some fancy outfit with sexy belly and zettai fucking ryouiki i feel like MAN I WANT U TO FILL MY EMPTINESS W/ UR SMALL DICK RITE NAU  :(

anyway voted for "straight"

oh and ISHIKI IS VERY KAWAII I WANT TO FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF HIM ^__^

Sign in to follow this