CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #29: Which are your favorite MH banners so far?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #29  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite MH banners so far?

• Buck-Tick
    • Charisma.com
    • Jupiter
    • Kamijo
    • Lycaon
    • TamTam
    • Uchuu Conbini
    • 9Goats Black Out
    • A
    • Boris
    • Crossfaith
    • The 3rd Birthday
    • Tokyo Jihen
    • Wagakki Band
    • ALSDEAD
    • the GazettE

There are many more MH banners in the works, but which are your favorite MH banners so far? (multiple choice) :3

Buck-Tick

gSJfLmP.png

Charisma.com

jVfC2WI.png

Jupiter

swq0dMO.png

Kamijo

kAeFvwT.png

Lycaon

t8DrZdx.png

TamTam

CaczS4O.png

Uchuu Conbini

4pox9z1.png

9Goats Black Out

d9Q346g.png

A

D5GDD9a.png

Boris

XI09uBt.png

Crossfaith

kXieLkz.png

The 3rd Birthday

wfdDpxQ.png

Tokyo Jihen 

ZW7VFo1.png

Wagakki Band 

tumblr_nkqpot13BL1rvju13o3_r1_1280.png

ALSDEAD

zd5Nrm0.png

the GazettE

y9FMmRv.png

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE WEEK, P.M. either @CAT5 or @beni with your poll question, choices, and state whether it's multiple choice or not.

the Kagrra, one that never got made

Voted for TAMTAM, Uchuu Conbini, Tokyo Jihen and Charisma.com. They're the most memorable ones for me.

I voted for the The 3rd Birthday (the colors are really striking in this one), and Uchuu Conbini and Boris (these last 2 are blended pretty perfectly).

the boris one is so beautiful and smoky the colours are all a nice blur

+1 9GBO, anything 9GBO.

annnnnd +1 for old lycaon with eve teehee

Lycaon. Because I'm extremely biased.

Visually my favorites are The 3rd Birthday, Wagakki band and Boris. The Boris banner looks amazing, the colors and lights blend so well. 

I personally like the Jupiter, Uchuu Conbini and Boris ones, the latter 2 really have a nice dreamy atmosphere while the Jupiter one has a really nice colourscheme/overall feeling

ALSDEAD is my fav band there, so I picked this...and also Charisma, Uchuu and 9GBO for having good effects that are harmonic.

Btw, I would never notice that was crossfaith x'D

It was difficult to pick just a few (since I'd pick them all ahue), but decided on Charisma.com, Jupiter, Tokyo Jihen and Wagakki Band... until a Pura one comes about. :33

oohhh so that's 9GBO! how.. angelic

Someone's been having a bit too much fun with those white light sources, I suppose they're just lamps but enhanced through photoshop or some program, but the Boris banner is still the one to go with.

Why can we not choose one of the banners and set that as the permanent banner, that'd be neat. I'd go with Boris.

oohhh so that's 9GBO! how.. angelic

Someone's been having a bit too much fun with those white light sources, I suppose they're just lamps but enhanced through photoshop or some program, but the Boris banner is still the one to go with.

Why can we not choose one of the banners and set that as the permanent banner, that'd be neat. I'd go with Boris.

It gets boring seeing the same banner for months at a time. Rotating the banner keeps them from getting stale.

Also we like to show that we're about all types of Japanese music. The banner is the first thing your eye will see when you load the forum. It's hard to push that message when we only advertise one type of band at a time.

I voted for:

Boris

- It's actually the first banner that I'd associate with this community right away without reading the title.

Charisma.com

- Seeing as I am very biased about Charisma.com, @sai (I think) did one heck of a good job in conveying the "double nature" of this duo :)

Buck-Tick

- Knowing where this forum "mainly" focuses on (or, "what kind of people" it does attract the most), and by counting the regulars' perspective too, I think BT is the perfect choice for being one of "MH's mascots" (if you will) - the great bridge between those who are still stoked about all the vk kalamazoo (newer generation), and those who are rather skeptic but still refusing to let go for better hopes (older generation).

Tokyo Jihen

- biased [2] + design is the perfect visualization of my "better" Ringo yearning in all honesty. :(

ALSDEAD in 1st. I don't really like this group picture but the banner's background is pretty and it suits well in the end.
In 2nd, Wagakki Band, and in 3rd Charisma.com

ALSDEAD banner is the worst: no contrast... it's entirely faded away. It's been in the washing machine a few too many times. :lol:

It gets boring seeing the same banner for months at a time. Rotating the banner keeps them from getting stale.

A single good banner won't get stale. It will be recognizable and over time become much more valuable than a hundred banners in rotation.

But what I really meant was that it would be nice if each individual user could select the banner they prefer. Much like forums have different themes that one can select, but now with banners. That's just an idea though and in no way necessary... only a neat feature.

ALSDEAD banner is the worst: no contrast... it's entirely faded away. It's been in the washing machine a few too many times. :lol:

A single good banner won't get stale. It will be recognizable and over time become much more valuable than a hundred banners in rotation.

But what I really meant was that it would be nice if each individual user could select the banner they prefer. Much like forums have different themes that one can select, but now with banners. That's just an idea though and in no way necessary... only a neat feature.

The rotating banner is nothing more than a script that sits on the server and changes the picture once every twenty seconds. It's not integrated into the forum beyond that. We couldn't build that functionality in if we wanted to.

Besides, adding that functionality would defeat the purpose of it rotating in the first place.

I would have to go with The 3rd Birthday and the GazettE. The 3rd Birthday having the best color scheme that matches the costumes they are wearing and the GazettE falling in second for me.

We've had the single banner situation for yeeears. We've only recently implemented rotations. And while I see the value in a single banner (I held off on having us to rotating banners for quite some times), there is also a lot of value in a rotation.

Also, totally abstaining from voting on this one....for obvious reasons XD

dont let Lycaon down! calling all slaves to vote!

I think the Charisma.com one is the most eye-catching because of the bright colours, and I like the inclusion of the black and white versions of them in the background. Also voted for B-T because they're the only band on this list I actually listen to.