beni

MH FEATURED POLL #28: Do you watch anime and/or read manga?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #28  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you watch anime and/or read manga?

• I do both.
    • I only watch anime.
    • I only read manga.
    • I don't do either.

Anime is an exposition contest with every single event or emotion that has to be verbally explained at the very least three times. Even well received anime feature films by (pre-)studio Ghibli and co. have these horrible lines of characters talking to themselves like "I can feel my heart beating faster! This is so exciting!"

Any attempt at adding depth to the stories don't go much further than "War is bad, okay? Bullying is bad, okay?" and that sort of thing they keep hammering in your face as if you're a 4 year old who needs to be told what is good and what is evil. How does one endure this and enjoy anime?

Ya, I do.

The latest title that I've been following is Assasination Classroom manga.

Other than that just the regular, One Piece, Shingeki No Kyojin, and HxH.

Speaking of SBK, I am ready for the 2nd seasin already.

But instead they will release the SK: Junior High spin off.

Oh well better than nothing.

Also, the Sailor Moon remake are so good.

I hope there will be 3rd Season.

I need to see Outer Senshi in the remake too!!

Regarding DBZ, their last two movies are a let down tbh.

The battle are only for brief moment, I am not satisfied!

Like some have said, anime/Manga introduced me to Japanese music, and so I've been following music more instead.

I don'the read/watch anymore.

But I was really into shows that were on adult swim like Inuyasha, Yu Yu Hakusho, Paranoia Agent, FLCL, as well as DBZ, Gundam, Outlaw Star, etc.

OH!

Not sure if this counts, but I still watch and love the Avatar series (Last Airbender and Korra).

I get in some anime here and there, but I haven't read any manga since I was a kid.  Loved it, though.  Maybe I'll get back into it eventually.

One series I want to re-read is an American manga called Ninja High School from the 90s.  I loved that!  I've sold or given away most of my old comics, but I held onto NHS.

Yes. Both. 

But not as much as i did in the past.

I prefer and spend more time on manga. I usually read a bit during the weekend. I keep up with a few.

For anime, it's every now and again i guess... Unless someone either recommends me one or i just happen to notice a new anime that sparks my interest. I normally just re-watch what i have always liked (Kyuuketsuhime Miyu, Sailor Moon, Tactics, Glass no Kamen, Samurai Champloo, etc) though. 

Absolutely both. Currently reading far too many different series'.

Currently watching "Is it wrong to try to pick up girls in a dungeon".

I'm also a cosplayer ;D

I do both although its more anime at the moment (one of the most recent posts on 'what anime are you currently watching' will confirm)

A lot of the manga I read is more horror or psychological based now

Neither. I used to watch Pokemon, which got me into Japanese music, but not anymore. I do enjoy reading Japanese novels, though. I hate it when people assume that you learn Japanese just to watch anime/read manga.

I used to read quite a lot manga and watch even more anime, but I'm not as into it as before. Haven't read a manga in forever, but I still watch anime every now and then. Biggest change from before however is that I rarely watch anime's that got 50+ episodes anymore. If watching series I watch series with 50 eisodes or less, and which is already finished so I can binge them. Plus I watch more anime aimed towards older teens and adults, rather than your regular teen animes which I did before.

Would read more manga if it wasn't so god damn expensive though, and I am not willing to read it on my computer. Goes for comics in general.

I thought I was the only one, who didn't like manga and anime and is a Japanese music fan, but there are 19 votes for the last option, including mine. I do like to play yaoi visual novels, but like the name says, it's a written story with pics+sounds+choices to make, so it's nothing like anime or manga to me. I may be convinced to read mangas, but I'm picky... I usually don't laugh at the humor and the drawing style irritates me, I only like the eroguro style, because it's more realistic and not so cute. As for animes, they have a weird way of cutting scenes, the characters move in a weird way and often act illogical, it's totally not my thing, even yaoi.

How in the world that I never been replied to this thread 😅

I do both

But, I like to watch original anime, not anime based from manga. 

Sometimes i found that manga based anime didn't met my imagination and expectation from manga and it's kind of letdown.