CAT5

MH FEATURED POLL #27: What are your favorite decades for music?

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #27  

53 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favorite decades for music?

• 2010s
    • 2000s
    • 1990s
    • 1980s
    • 1970s
    • 1960s
    • 1950s
    • 1940s
    • 1930s
    • 1920s
    • Other (1910s and prior)

MH POLL OF THE WEEK #27: What are your favorite decades for music? Multiple choice poll!

75G4482.gif

To submit a poll for the MH POLL OF THE WEEK, P.M. either @CAT5 or @beni with your poll question, choices, and state whether it's multiple choice or not.

I chose the 00s because that's the decade 2 of my utmost favorite bands emerged out of.

2006-present for deathcore, slam, beatdown, brutal  death metal, waveya, bangtan boys, and lycaon

Edited by blackdoll

I vote for everything from the '70s to the '00s, cuz there's just too much good music, and it's hard to pinpoint (like one decade might be better in one genre than the others, etc).

I vote for everything from the '70s to the '00s, cuz there's just too much good music, and it's hard to pinpoint (like one decade might be better in one genre than the others, etc).

Glad I'm not the only indecisive one. I did the same thing, just starting with the 60s instead.

for me it's 1990s to "today", 90s was emerged one of the most biggest vocal on this music and one of the Best Band of all time ^^ !

60s, 70s, and 90s for me. For me those are the big three for rock'n'roll. It's hard to explain, but I just feel more passion for creating original music, or just meaningful music was palpable in these decades. Other decades, for other genres of music definitely, but since rock music has always had my heart these decades are my favorite.

While I enjoy music back until the 80's (I'm guessing), most of my favourites came around 1990's and 2000's so I'll just go with those two. x3

I was wondering who voted for the 1930's because of all the decades that one is largely unexplored territory for me and I was wondering if you could share some of your 30's favorites here?

I was wondering who voted for the 1930's because of all the decades that one is largely unexplored territory for me and I was wondering if you could share some of your 30's favorites here?

it was a great decade for art music, so if that's your thing: 

(2 years before but it's gorgeous)

Somehow llistening to stuff I used to listen to like 10-15 years ago makes it feel funny and for the most part kind of irrelevant. Even though I would be glad to go back in time to see 80's Buck-Tick or Prince live :) As well as some early 00s bands that broke up before I even knew about them. So I can't really say if I have a favorite, but I'm sure you can find elements of pretty much everything in today's music which I can't say I feel very sentimental about either :P).

I don't really have a favourite as the 80's, 90's, 00's and 10's are more or less equal to my ears. Plenty of great music from the 50's, 60's and 70's as well. Not too familiar with music before the 50's.

But if I had to choose three I'd say the 80's, 90's and 00's, which is what I just voted.

90's primarily I guess. most vivid memories of songs, though ofcourse the 80's, 00's en 10's also come high, but I was a teenager in the 90's and at that time I mostly discovered the kind of music I like...

And ofcourse the 90's is the time of happy hardcore xD

As a teenager in the 2000s, I was way into music then.  Some of my fav bands came from that time, but then I got really into 80s hair metal.  Some 90s music I really love, but like all decades, some I can't stand :D

Guest lynchisizer

I voted for 2000s and 2010s because of lynch. <3 and because most of the music I listen in my free time is from these decades :o

Wow, I like many styles of music I cannot really choose one.

Being someone who was born in yhe 80s and lived through the 90s, it is obvious that music from those decades are something I value yhe most.

But as I grow older and socialize with more people outside the groups I usually hangvout with, I have found many more music that I enjoy listened to that were released from the past, such as music from the 50s-70s

So I must say I enjoy all of them.

So many choices to choose from and all of them offer different tatse and experience.

I just love music so much it is such joy to listen to it.