Dark Kinma

[HELP] Last.fm scrobble : Do you have the same problem?

Yeah, have a problem when I scrobble with Last.fm program's :

All my listening go under the "memory cache" and after, by some miracle, it's appears on my profil, the music who I has listening is on double or triple (and this count on my total listening)

What I can made for this ?

I listening music on WMP and I'm not on the new "betâ".

If you are using the scrobbler that comes with the Last.fm client, it can sometimes cause these issues. I don't know why. All I can suggest to you is what I suggested to @diamondAss in this thread. Try another media player with a built-in scrobbler like foobar2000 and see if that fixes your problem.

I will tru Foobar, I was trying one time, but because some user (especially one) didn't know how to tag correctly, all music who I listen ripped by this one, appears with no tag on foobar, so I decide to didn't use this player.

I will make a try again if that can fix my problem.

I also have double scrobbles suddenly, but I'm not scrobbling via the official app atm. Is the problem general and coming from last.fm itself? It was working this morning.
dammit, where is the serious concurrent so I could leave this shitty website for good.

I using Foobar, and I have still the same problem ! Memory cache and tracks appears in double.

I think we can just wait of the fixing problem by last.fm ... I guess in two or three century...

Edit 17h35 :

I have uninstall scrobbler of my computer et re-install properly it, problem still working xD !

I have read on internet, if the track was put in the memory cache, it's because scrobbler isn't connect to last.fm, do you confirm this ?

18h00 : Apparently, after uninstall and re-install and use only one account on the scrobbler, it's working good, for the moment but still making double. I will check if it's good working the rest of the day, and week end.

Now I have not only one problem, but two xD

My first tracks don't scrobble, like I'm listening tracks, A, B and C... The A, don't go xD

And, if I listen to an intro track, this one don't get and the before get double.

I love Bug.fm <3

There's nothing wrong with your scrobbling devices or music players, it's just last.fm's scrobble detection server (or whatever you call it) is messing up (disconnecting?) frequently.

The continuously on/off switching of your scrobbler happens because if it can't find the last.fm server it switches off and saves the scrobble in memory to scrobble later. But if it scrobbles a song then switches off after scrobbling but switches back on before the song is actually finished, it may scrobble another time because it doesn't remember it already scrobbled before it had trouble finding the last.fm headquarters.

Or it has something to do with the percentages of a song listened before scrobbling. I think the default setting is at 50%. Meaning that once the 50% bar of the song length is reached, it scrobbles. If it disconnects after reaching 50% but reconnects before 100%, it may scrobble again.

If you're using the external last.fm scrobbler you should be able to mess with the settings and tell it to scrobble only at 100% of the song listened instead. If this works you should be able to get rid of double scrobbles at the risk of not scrobbling anything at all. If you're using a scrobbler that's a built-in feature on a music player then I don't think you can change this setting.

Pay attention to longer songs: higher odds that they scrobble double, triple... quadriple even!

That may be a very good explanation of what's going on. I haven't been able to replicate this behavior but this is probably because I queue all my scrobbles and submit them at one time so I'm not connecting frequently to their servers.

It's their problem. I read on a topic created there that they will only fix this when the beta version is stabilized. So, maybe in 2101 we can stop deleting multiple scrobbles!  :banana:

Oddly enough, when I scrobble through my smartphone, this never happens.

Have make a change of scrobling program, says it's does scroble at 100% of the music, but make double, I have disactive the labs who I use "Recent tracks auto refresh" and still make double.

This problem appears some day ago (2 or 3) I hope he will disapear in some day xD

I don't get that problem. I use a foobar extension and the last.fm app is disabled.

Google foo_audioscrobbler

How that work ? I have dowload the extension on foobar website, now I unzip, and after ?

No clue how the extension works technically but there should be a thread on it somewhere in hydrogen audio for the details on a technical level. But just google it, and there should be instructions on how to install in one of the searches. It isn't too complicated.

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=100399

2. Unpack to your foobar2000 components-folder.
3. Start foobar2000 and open Preferences > Tools > Audioscrobbler.
4. Enable, then login with your Last.fm credentials and hit OK.

No clue how the extension works technically but there should be a thread on it somewhere in hydrogen audio for the details on a technical level. But just google it, and there should be instructions on how to install in one of the searches. It isn't too complicated.

http://www.hydrogenaud.io/forums/index.php?showtopic=100399

2. Unpack to your foobar2000 components-folder.
3. Start foobar2000 and open Preferences > Tools > Audioscrobbler.
4. Enable, then login with your Last.fm credentials and hit OK.

It's working, I will try like this ^^

thank's for your help !

it's easy to solve.. just go to your playing settings... and check if the option is enabled. if yes, disable it and enable it again. restart last.fm and your player and it should work.

Also check your last.fm app to see if the scrobbel setting is enabled.

I think it should just be made fact that this is Last.fm's problem. It has likely happened to anyone who uses their client at least once or twice, and currently there's no discreet hotfix for this. Perhaps when they will release the beta from its current state worldwide will it be resolved.

I hope they will release the finish version of beta soon, I think the problem it's on the last.fm scrobler don't connect to their server correctly.

Nut I has try too Foobar with extension like JukaForever say's, and no problem appears.

I don't have this problem but I want to suggest the use of VLC media player, it has the scrobbler incorporated into the player so you don't have to download any scrobbler, you just have to login in the options box.

I've always used it and I don't have this problem so you can try and see what happens :3