anakuro

XAA-XAA (ザアザア)

When they first released the preview of the first track I thought these guys were going through the 'post-going-major-generic-music-phase'. But things go xaa-xaa weird really fast

I'm really looking forward to this, all tracks sound great!

Edited by Platy

17 hours ago, CCXXVIII said:

sorry i haven't had the time to log on here for a while, but thank you so much for the lyrics @anakuro!

no problem!

16 hours ago, Duwang said:

Preview for all songs on the new mini album

I'm so fuckin pumped for the 5th track :')

7 hours ago, Platy said:

When they first released the preview of the first track I thought these guys were going through the 'post-going-major-generic-music-phase'. But things go xaa-xaa weird really fast

I'm really looking forward to this, all tracks sound great!

yeah the preview i was interested to see how it would come together? because it sounded like it could be really good or pretty bad.

one thing though: timely's not a major label...

6 hours ago, anakuro said:

no problem!

I'm so fuckin pumped for the 5th track :')

yeah the preview i was interested to see how it would come together? because it sounded like it could be really good or pretty bad.

one thing though: timely's not a major label...

My mistake, I thought they made an announcement that they were going major :emo:

Finally gave these guys a listen.  First song I heard was "Yuki Tokei" and I was not impressed, but, then again, I'm not a fan of ballads written in 6/8; they just bore the piss out of me.  However, next song was "Doshaburi no Kanojo" and HOLY SHIT!  These guys GET IT!"  It was like listening to good, classic VK unsullied by current western trends.  I'm actually excited to continue listening.  Unless you want to count Sukekiyo as a VK band (and I don't), XAA-XAA are the first VK band to impress me since NoGod first hit the scene (and I got tired of them like five years later, but that's a different story). 

So yeah!  Nice to see a new and young band that seems to capture the spirit of why I fell in love with VK in the first place!

@Platy no worries i understand what you meant. there were rumors they'd go major but they signed with timely which is still indies. I'm still a bit worried about what the label means for them

@Saishu glad to hear you liked them! tbh they were the first band in a while to get me so excited too when I first got into them. 

I don't blame you on the ballad--tbh i get pretty bored with ballads in general lmao

i'm still so pumped for the new mini-album 
it reminds me of their earlier work which is still my favorite
i think the original 12 songs are still my favorite songs in general of theirs 

I'm shamelessly mentioning this everywhere but I have two extra copies of Shitai Dake Desho? Type B that I'm looking to sell lol
If anyone is interested let me know

this thread needs to be revived because the whole of 雨に殺される is SO good (pichipichi chapchap ranranran was o...k....)

didn't think i'd love 大雨警報発令 so much but damn it's eargasm

ame ni korosareru is pretty good, im not crazy over it tho; probably because there isn't a song that like...grabs me by the balls like doshaburi no kanojo or shinitai

Probably the first XAA-XAA release that I'm not too crazy about. I still need to give it a few more listens and see if it grows on me some more. My favorite releases still remain Kowai Kurai and Shinitai mini-albums.

I've been pretty busy lately so I still haven't given it a good listen but I liked what I heard while I was waiting in line at the instore on Monday minus pichi pichi which is pretty meh.

I should probably give it a better listen before the oneman on Saturday. So pumped to finally get to see them! They never play in Tokyo on my days off yet they always seem to have instores I can go to.

14 hours ago, Duwang said:

I've been pretty busy lately so I still haven't given it a good listen but I liked what I heard while I was waiting in line at the instore on Monday minus pichi pichi which is pretty meh.

I should probably give it a better listen before the oneman on Saturday. So pumped to finally get to see them! They never play in Tokyo on my days off yet they always seem to have instores I can go to.

Please comment here what the show is like! :-) I'm really curious

I haven't gotten the CD yet (it wasn't in shops when i looked and i didn't preorder #oops)

but for the live experience i've seen them almost 20 times. 

it's normally pretty high energy: moshing (we run, it's not the usual jumping back and forth), fist pumping, headbanging, etc. 

The stage always has Junko on it and often caution tape or something related to the current theme. For example, when it was shinitai they often had calligraphy saying 死にたい on it. 

I can't count how many times the members have climbed down in the crowd to mosh with us etc. There have been numerous times where it was only roji (or roji and haru) left on stage because the others were joining the crowd. 

they have recitation where kazuki reads something before a song.

sometimes they do stupid things between songs like "haru's chinese restaurant"  (before 君の心臓を食べてしまいたい), or that time where kazuki said 眠れ (go to sleep) to the members and they all just fell over suddenly one by one and then he started doing it to the crowd (before 子守唄), sometimes it's just haru with a whistle etc. 

I've never not had fun at XAA-XAA. 

At their first live Haru had a flask and just dropped it on the stage and there was the biggest thunk and me and my friend like to joke that that was when we knew that they were the band for us lol

@anakuroTheir live performances looks really amazing and unique for what you describe. I wish all of us here could have this experience together :) 

For their new mini in overall, I really like it. The ones I like the most are 雨に殺される and 雫.

Just to point, I like ピチピチチャプチャプランランラン x'D

I don't know if I'd say it's particularly unique (besides the recitation) since a lot of weird stuff happens in VK but imo they do what they do quite well. 

I'm curious to see what duwang's thoughts are once she finally sees them.

It'd be nice if everyone was able to see them for sure

I don't know about you guys but I'm pretty pumped for what's to come with XAA-XAA this fall/winter

2-man tour with DADAROMA

CkHHXT7UUAI9EN0.jpg

First 3-month consecutive releases

CkrKBG0VEAATAFx.jpg

First oneman tour

CkrKBHJUUAAQpnx.jpg

It is a bit strange though that their anniversary live will be at somewhere so small. 

The oneman in Osaka was the best XAA-XAA live I have ever been to.
To be honest, it was so mind blowing it might have been the best live I've gone to in general. I haven't gotten over it.

And @Duwang you still gotta type up how the Tokyo one was bro!!!

I heard someone got hurt during the 感電 mosh? because of that weird hold in the wall in shimote. 

情けない男のテーマ was fantastic too. It sounded like a video game at first and I just loved it so much. It was my favorite interlude of theirs so I'm so glad they made it into a song. But actually in the middle of it at least in Osaka Kazuki started going JUNKO JUNKO JUNKO and I lost my shit.

Also Roji mentioned a few things recently:

• the mannequin body parts strewn about the stage are NOT Junko's
  • there are no two shots of the members together
  • he doesn't know the other members' phone numbers

???

37 minutes ago, anakuro said:

CkHHXT7UUAI9EN0.jpg

THIS!!!!
qn6rtLtmwIX60.gif

2016 just doesn't stop giving. I wish I could go SO much, I can only hope there will be a DVD or some footage, just anything:DUUR:

I can't wait to see xaa-xaa in July, I just wish it was a oneman. But some xaa-xaa still better than no xaa-xaa. They sound fantastic live. Also can't wait for more stuff on the consecutive releases.

@Platy you're seeing them in July?? I'm guessing Tokyo though..

@doombox I am hoping to figure shit out and be able to go to the Osaka date of the 2man and the oneman tour at least :'))

Is DDRM timely records as well? Someone said somewhere that's the reason they're doing the twoman / playing together so it's not that ~amazing~~ and well it does make sense. DDRM is bigger than them but tbh I wouldn't say they're that much bigger

Oh ok!! a lot of people here were like wow sugoi about it because they thought DDRM was that much bigger so I thought that's what you meant. 

I'm looking forward to it I haven't seen DDRM in a while :')

21 hours ago, anakuro said:

Oh ok!! a lot of people here were like wow sugoi about it because they thought DDRM was that much bigger so I thought that's what you meant. 

I'm looking forward to it I haven't seen DDRM in a while :')

Ah, I know DDRM has a lot of hype here but I wasn't sure how popular they are over there. I almost never assume MH is a good representation of that lol.

Have fun everyone!!