anakuro

XAA-XAA (ザアザア)

8 hours ago, CCXXVIII said:

by the way, would anyone be selling or willing to share 名も無き空へ and ララララ? i've been dying to hear these since the day i became their fan  inserts crying gif 

Oh? What are those? Live-only singles or something? I would love to get my hands on those too.

As for the PV, I really loved the look. Will take me a few times listening to it to love the song though.

2 hours ago, Platy said:

Oh? What are those? Live-only singles or something? I would love to get my hands on those too.

As for the PV, I really loved the look. Will take me a few times listening to it to love the song though.

yes they are, although from quite some time ago! 

Sorry, I'm the only one on here who went to those lives and got the CDs. I know one person who grabbed na mo naki off of an auction site but if he wants to share he probably would have by now.

They're two of my favorite songs tbh but you shouldn't hold you breath (or should find someone to bid for you on auction sites)

On 8/13/2016 at 8:55 AM, anakuro said:

What do you guys think?

One of their weaker offerings so far, huh? I mean its not bad... but doesn't sound "single worthy" either.

Reminds me of one of Kagerous thousands of throwaway tracks.

This is definitely my favourite out of the two so far. Just wish they hadn't put the (done to death) high school setting in the PV's.

There's plenty of 'hopelessness' in the real world and other settings, thought they'd be more creative. 

依存 jams. What a delicious song. Shades of vintage メリー and the acoustic intro reminds me a little bit of

Not a big fan of カミソリ, though. Not bad, but doesn't impress me, except for that meaty mid-song riff and the solo. Really dig that part.

I feel that ザアザア needs to take a little break before releasing more stuff.  Take your time, kids!

Edited by r...

lol "take your time" is not in XAA-XAA's vocabulary

but yeah while I adore the ame ni korosareru mini-album my favs are still from the earliest releases

ame ni korosareru was a pretty good album, especially with songs like ooame keihou hatsurei and aoi raincoat (i still can't stop listening to this after months lmao).

wasn't very impressed with kamisori and izon sadly, they didn't have the replay factor that the above songs had :<

however, dosuguroi sounds really good from the pv spot already, and i've been replaying it so much ever since they released that video >.>

damn it reiya

mm.. this single isn't that good as the first of the 3 series.

btw, I wonder if someone could share the full PV or the first one? would be amazing. I couldn't get that version anymore, when I was in Japan (>_<) so I ended up with the normal edition without PV T_T

I'm honestly not so impressed by first two installments of these consecutive singles. I don't hate them but I also don't love them. 

That being said on dosugroi I do prefer pistol over the title track

also their outfits for dosuguroi are sooooooooooo cheap it is impressive even by XAA-XAA standards 

I've only really listened to the title track but I already like it better than the previous single just based on that song so far.... I still enjoyed Kamisori, but I'd like to hear them keep pushing themselves in different directions.

2 hours ago, DarkWater said:

Lately you sound as you lose interest in this band

well i mean if you want an honest answer: yes but it'd unfair to say it's just XAA-XAA or that i don't like them anymore

nothing's ever come close to usotsuki, kowai kurai and doshaburi for me. besides maybe ame ni korosareru. I'm not really into the wrist cutting furi. i'm not really into these consecutive singles. i'm not really into the recent live atmosphere--it's hard to move and too much circular headbanging. the circular headbanging is in like every song ever.

like I said, it's not just XAA-XAA, it's vk in general. and my music taste is firmly in the direction of pikopiko right now and I'm listening to a lot of bands that just aren't vk more often than not. 

I'm still going to buy the singles and go to onemans/shusais for xax and ZigZag but i'm pretty much quitting vk in general--besides anything HaL does that i can go to--until Minus Jin-Say Orchestra come back... their hiatus live was the final thing that lead to this decision. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I think dosuguroi is my fav of the three singles

btw Junko has officially left the band. We asked at an in store and they were like yep she quit.

I have in store stuff written up here actually if you're curious about the sort of things they talked about. I've even written for the most recent two at little HEARTS. on the 4th.

I also have live reports written up on there too.

Anyway I guess Roji has chosen the translation of 中毒者 as addict rather than junkie 

Interestingly enough, they're starting a fanclub in January that's only 423yen a month. 
For those who join early, they're having free birthday onemans for Haru and Kazuki.

Haru's is "oharu no hi" (oharu's day) and Kauzki's is called "mayu sagari kinenbi" (drooping eyebrows' anniversary/holiday). So, yeah, they make fun of Kazuki's eyebrows too if you were wondering

They'll have an important announcement @ LOFT

Everyone is expecting it to be "we're going up to Tokyo!"

On 12/9/2016 at 0:20 AM, +Jeanne+ said:

I really like the single 雪時計 released in 2015.

i've come to appreciate yukidoke a lot more than i used to. the song is great...i just like never listen to ballads 

50 minutes ago, vanivani said:

Slowly getting back into this band... I'm so behind.

The last release I bought was "Yukitokei" :/ lol

if you're looking for recommendations from this year's releases i'd say 雨に殺される

but it seems that the overseas fans didn't like it as much as the foreign fans that go to see them in Japan did
out of the three singles they released recently i'd say どす黒い is my fav then カミソリ

I have an extra copy of yomei (type A) & shitai dake desho (type B, I actually have like 3? extras) if anyone's interested in getting a copy of those w

Edited by anakuro

15 minutes ago, anakuro said:

if you're looking for recommendations from this year's releases i'd say 雨に殺される

I like this pv much more.

BTW, I also like 桜の街 in single したいだけでしょ?.