anakuro

XAA-XAA (ザアザア)

I like the single. Yuki tokei is really pretty. But honestly ballads rarely do anything for me--I'm almost never in the mood to listen to them. Tulip is probably my favorite off of the single. It's just so fun. And the lyrics are A+ too. I like waraitai kedo waraenai but I agree in regards to the end of it. I was so taken aback by it when I first listened to it and now it kind of ruins the ability to listen to it recorded.

All in all, Kowai Kurai is probably my favorite release as a whole still.

Yuki Tokei is fantastic.

Tulip is fun but I'm not a fan of the weird sounds?/voices? that remind me of Alvin and the Chipmunks in the chorus.

Waraitai kedo Waraenai is ok until the weird gap of silence 3 minutes in only to have the song end chaotically/with Kazuki coughing his lungs out a minute later. They could've just ended the song at 3 minutes.

i agree with everything that's being said here. Yuki Tokei is def my favorite track off this single as well (and possibly one of my fave xaa-xaa tracks overall). waraitai kedo waraenai's ending made me roll my eyes because of how gimmicky it is.

All right XAA-XAA fans!

The one year anniversary is coming up and the girls are planning on making message books for the members (I'm imagining it's one per member) and we'd like as many people as possible to participate.

So if you are interested in writing a message (one message for each member!) please send me a PM with your messages and I'll forward it on to the girls organizing the message books.
There will be no translating of English messages (I don't have time) so I'd recommend keeping it simple. 

The cards are about the size of a business card--so not that big. Please keep it relatively short!

Please send me a message by ??? (I'll update this when I get a reply about it--for now let's say the 29th). As soon as possible is preferred!

That'd be great! 

It doesn't have to be long. It can just be happy 1 year anniversary, where you're from, etc. 

Please PM as soon as possible with the messages! She wants to have an idea of how many people are participating in advance.

Images from the one year anniversary oneman live "Sold Out" (2015.12.03):

CVTzMEsUkAA2lo2.jpg

CVT9mJuVEAAvKVz.jpg

CVT9mJvVAAEaaCp.jpg

The band also ordered flowers and had them on display as "To all the Junkies/Addicts, thank you for always supporting us, from XAA-XAA" (fans are called 中毒者 which is junkie or addict)

No setlist has been posted yet as far as I know..

@yakihiko the clothes are a reference to their early days where they just wore suits with paint splattered on them (session band era, usotsuki era, kowai kurai era). And most girls cover their faces in any photo like this that a band takes actually--we protect our identities this way. I'm in front row and I have my face covered too.

@doombox 

me too!

Ahh sorry! I should have messaged you personally to double check. I figured you'd seen it. Maybe next time! 

The message books were handed off to them yesterday! I saw the gyas putting them together at the end. 

side note: I'm really curious why their tour final will be in SENDAI. What??? I'm wondering if they'll add a date as a oneman for the final or something. 

@@anakuro

I kind knew this, but I never saw that amount.

Nice to see the message books made it. I'm waiting for they to talk about it on twitter. (Wishing to some of them post a pic from it and see mine x'D)

Sendai is the birthplace from some of them? (I don't believe they will have more fans there than Tokyo)

@yakihiko

When we were taking the picture Kazuki saw us starting to cover our faces and said "cover your faces" so it might have made more girls think to do it than normal.

Tbh I doubt they will post pics of the message books on twitter or their blogs. They're not the kind of band that post pictures of sashiire. And if they did it would probably just be the covers.. 

They have like no fans in Tokyo from what I hear, so it'd be surprising if they had any in Sendai.

All their fans are here in Osaka.

Roji is from Tottori Prefecture while Kazuki, Reiya and Haru are from Kagawa Prefeture.

@sairensu

it was! 

I can't wait for March either! Though the fact that it's two types now is a bit of a pain...

@yakihiko the clothes are a reference to their early days where they just wore suits with paint splattered on them (session band era, usotsuki era, kowai kurai era). And most girls cover their faces in any photo like this that a band takes actually--we protect our identities this way. I'm in front row and I have my face covered too.

--

Could you please elaborate this more? Why do all the bangya cover their faces in pictures like this? It has always baffled me. That's definitely something people don't do here in the west, and I can't quite grasp the idea of it. I mean, those pictures always turn out super blurry anyways, it's not like you could really recognize anyone from them. And even if you could, who cares?

i think its to keep them from getting into shit online or on tanuki, if you're screwing the band then i doubt you'd want to be spotted as saizen or something. even if you've done nothing people online will probably find a way to turn drama out of nothing so if you're a high profile fan its easier to obscure ur face and avoid the drama.

then again this is just my understanding, im not a bangya and anakuro probably has a better answer than me.

Well Japanese people in general can be pretty private about these things. Bangya in particular are very private in this way--I know one girl who has not uploaded a single photo of herself for the reason emmny brought up. I know most girls who post pictures of themselves and block out their own face. 

As far as I can tell it's pretty much the same reason for group photos. And multiple people have found me in that picture--and other photos where I'm not in front row and I block out my face.

If there is any other reason besides tanuki & privacy in general I don't know. I found it a bit strange at first too but now I just go ahead and block my face too. I don't want people seeing me when I look like a hot mess after a live lol

ps even though we did cover our faces, on tanuki they pointed out every single person that was in saizen (except I didn't a name I got "gaikokujin") at the oneman. XAA-XAA's thread is particularly gossipy.

edit:

roji posted his message album

CVd7f0lUwAA05VO.jpg

I've never taken the chance to listen to this band (let alone hear OF them).

If this latest single defines their overall sound, then they can add me to their fan list.

lol at the special effects this spot is amusing looking forward to the full version

am I the only one who hears Lyacon's gossip in the beginning tho?

the special effects made me laugh so hard

and yeah lol all my friends are commenting on the dancers :')

I liked the song live and I'm not disappointed by the recorded version! Looking forward to the single.

They added a oneman in Takamatsu on 4/23 as well but..I can't go so it looks like that's the first time I'll miss a oneman for them, though. So I'm a bit disappointed with that...