anakuro

XAA-XAA (ザアザア)

CgNngo5UMAAlOKG.jpg

Left to right, top to bottom: Haru (gt).; Roji (dr.); Reiya (ba.); Junko (in charge of whatever mannequins do); Kazuki (vo.)

History
(OHP 2014-2015 history)

• October~November 2014: Session activity under the name SAA-SAA Session (サアサアセッション)
  • 2014.12.03: 1st Oneman/first official live as XAA-XAA 『感覚セカイ』(“Kankaku Seikai”)
  • 2015.07.01: 2nd Oneman 【どしゃ降りの彼女】リリース記念ワンマンライヴ【どしゃ降りの心斎橋】 (Oneman to celebrate the release of Doshaburi no Kanojo "Doshaburi no Shinsaibashi")
  • 2015.12.03: 3rd Oneman ザアザア1周年記念ワンマンライヴ「ソォルドアウト」(1st Anniversary Oneman "Sold Out")
  • 2016.03~2016.04: ザアザア主催イベント ベストアルヴァム & シングル発売記念ツアー「みんなとしたいだけ」 (XAA-XAA best album & single release commemorative sponsored tour “minna to shitai dake”)
  • 2016.04.23: 追加公演ワンマン! ベストアルヴァム & シングル発売記念ツアー「みんなとしたいだけ」 (Additional oneman! Best album & single release commemorative tour “minna to shitai dake”)
  • 2016.06.04: ミニアルヴァム「雨に殺される」発売記念ワンマンライヴ東京の雨に殺される (ame ni korosareru mini-album release commemorative oneman live “Tokyo no ame ni korosareru”)
  • 2016.06.11: ミニアルヴァム「雨に殺される」発売記念ワンマンライヴ大阪の雨に殺される (ame ni korosareru mini-album release commemorative oneman live “Osaka no ame ni korosareru”)
  • 2016.07-2016.08: ザアザア夏ツアー2016 「幽霊より怖い人間達」 (XAA-XAA natsu tour 2016 "yuurei yori kowai ningentachi")
  • 2016.09: 「かずきとよしあつ」ツーマンツアー (kazuki to yoshiatsu 2man tour)
  • 2016.12-2017.01: 「血祭」 ワンマンツアー (chimatsuri oneman tour) -- this is also their two year anniversary tour

Releases

• 2014.12.01 - 「うそつき」 ("Usotsuki")
  • 2014.12.03 - 名も無き空へ (na mo naki sora e) live house one day only free distribute
  • 2015.03.01 - コワイクライ (kowai kurai)
  • 2015.4.23 - ララララ (lalalala) live house one day only free distribute
  • 2015.06.01 - どしゃ降りの彼女 (doshaburi no kanojo)
  • 2015.07.01 - 感電、けがのおそれがあります。 LIVE DVD  (LIVE DVD of the song kanden, kega no osore ga arimasu.)  live house one day only free distribute
  • 2015.08.20 - 鬱くしき雨音 (utsukushiki ame oto) - live house one day only split-single, limited to 200 copies (XAA-XAA's track is 今宵は鬱くしい)
  • 2015.09.01 - 死にたい (shinitai)
  • 2015.11.01 -  雪時計 (yuki tokei)
  • 2015.12.03 - 「うそつき」  ("Usotsuki") - re-recorded, to be sold at the oneman live that day
  • 2016.03.23 -  したいだけでしょ? (shitai dake desho?)
  • 2016.03.23 - 中毒症状 (chuudoku shoujou)
  • 2016.05.25 - 雨に殺される (ame ni korosareru)
  • 2016.07.20 - 妖幻鏡 -west- Vol.3  Survive as an Innovator (yougenkyou -west- Vol.3 Survive as an Innovator) - omnibus (XAA-XAA's track is 情けない男のテーマ)
  • 2016.09.07 - カミソリ (kamisori)
  • 2016.10.05 - どす黒い (dosuguroi)
  • 2016.11.02 - 余命 (yomei)

OHP, YouTube (full PVs and trial listening)

Edited by anakuro

I haven't try Xaa-Xaa yet, but I used to like Belmosaic a lot.

But is hard to find something from them, they had their songs on iTunes with Belmosaic, was way easier xD

Thank you for the thread.

Ooh thanks for making this thread. One of my favorite newer bands in the last few years. <3

I saw there's another mini album in September. I am liking this steady release scedule. Hopefully they aren't overworking themselves.

I highly recommend XAA-XAA!! But I must admit I'm super biased. There are some songs that are rather Belmosaic-esque but for the most part it's a lot darker than Belmosaic ever was. 

It was such a pain getting a hold of physical copies of Belmosaic CDs too (I'm still missing リツコさん and ピリオド)

So this is one of my collections of CDs I'm most proud of

74b55139-ec00-44e9-b67d-98c5cc631f0d_zps

I saw Belmosaic 2 times and I've seen XAA-XAA 7 times?

It's a really fun atmosphere and I love the band's attention to detail--live, in the artwork for their releases, etc.

They're currently the most interesting band for me personally.

Definitely hoping they aren't overworking themselves either! But I also love having so much music from them right from the start...!

So.. fav song? release? member (lol)?

For me...

• Fav release: コワイクライ with 子守唄, コワイクライ and 冷たい being my favorite songs off of the release
  • Fav song: either ララララ or 花占い I think?
  • Fav member: Roji

Kowai Kurai was the most cohesive release they've put out and when it comes to lives the song that gets me most excited is Kowai Kurai itself, but my favorite songs are from other releases.

Incidentally... while I'm proud of my CD collection I am slightly ashamed of my Belmosaic/XAA-XAA cheki collection:

tumblr_nrda4avlYI1qa6dkxo1_500.jpg

As an educated guesstimate, 90% of the ~120 cheki is Roji cheki.

Also I didn't mention it specifically before but I've always loved their staging:

1st oneman:

o0480035913149325936_zpsxbuxbxuf.jpg

o0480035913149325953_zpshkaiba8x.jpg

random live? possibly including their sponsored event for Kowai Kurai?:

B_zez22UIAAu6dH_zpsvm0sbtek.jpg

3rd oneman:

CJaJarnVAAAWmXt_zps138m8ud9.jpg

They always have their mannequin, Junko's torso hanging from the ceiling, one of her legs is normally somewhere off to the right, Kazuki often has her head with him up front and center.

At the first oneman there was caution tape everywhere, to a less extent they had caution tape up at the sponsored live. They almost always have it somewhere on stage.

At the sponsored live all around they had flyers of their warning + their eye everywhere.

I mean everywhere:

Snapchat-2335424825903632643_zpsjk6x4lub

At the 2nd oneman I didn't take pictures of what they had up and didn't get to take any home with me so I kind of forgot what they had up. I think it was their eye + warning on the same sheet rather than separate flyers?

My favorite is Roji too, since Belmosaic.

Fav songs and release, none yet, but I will try find their songs around to check.

That mannequins are kind scary xD

And I would never pee with that eye looking to me lol

You are in Japan right, have you look on the indie small shops for missing Belmosaic ?

Oh nice! Roji's super talented. It's like pulling teeth getting him to talk sometimes though... lol Incidentally, he's the least popular. Like super unpopular. Though apparently recently more popular?? But I still have at least 5 girls coming up to me every live with Roji cheki trying to sell them to me (actually the last live I was at I was given like 7 as presents it was insane).

Their CDs are super cheap! Usotsuki is sold out, Kowai Kurai is close to being sold out if it isn't already (I believe what's at stores is all that is left?), but there should be plenty of Doshaburi no Kanojo left. The mini-albums have been ¥1,500 up to this point though!

I kind of love Junko (the mannequin). I think it has to do with going to the first oneman and the curtains opened and there she was...everywhere and we all couldn't help but laugh. She's just so ridiculous. I once asked Kazuki what her name was and in Kowai Kurai she was suddenly given credit as a member of the band, lmao.

Yes! I'm in Japan. The problem with the missing Belmosaic stuff is it is suuuper rare. And Belmosaic was so unpopular no one would really think to even try and sell it, I think. And one song you only got at the last oneman so people are probably holding onto that one... Any time I've looked it up at puresound it only has the normal CDs and not the free distributes I'm missing.

Lol poor Roji the unwanted. XD I don't have a favorite member really, I know so little of their personalities. So maybe Junko should be my favorite member. Haha. Kowai Kurai is still my favorite song and release so far. I haven't heard a song I genuinely dislike yet, though. So it's only ahead by a small margin.

just gave them a listen, pleasantly suprised considering they're such a young band but with an interesting and vaguely *gasp* original sound

Lol poor Roji the unwanted. XD I don't have a favorite member really, I know so little of their personalities. So maybe Junko should be my favorite member. Haha. Kowai Kurai is still my favorite song and release so far. I haven't heard a song I genuinely dislike yet, though. So it's only ahead by a small margin.

He really is. Maybe it's a mix of being a drummer, being sarcastic and covered in tattoos. Also one of the older members...

My friend actually can't decide either so she calls herself a Junko gya. Sometimes we give Junko gifts and wonder who gets them.

Kazuki is the type to go "Oh, she's doing well" when asked how Junko is doing while Reiya is the type to go "J...Junko??" 

Haru lets me cheat when pulling cheki; Roji does not but he will say "See you~" in English... and then stare like a deer in headlights when anything is said back in English.

Yeah, like I love all the songs on Doshaburi but I think it's how they ordered it + Yuuyake is a little generic to me ? for why Kowai Kurai pulls ahead. 

just gave them a listen, pleasantly suprised considering they're such a young band but with an interesting and vaguely *gasp* original sound

Glad to hear it! :D It was even more impressive at the 1st oneman where they played 12 songs after only 2 months or so of session activity and only 3 months since Belmosaic broke up. This band is insane.

He really is. Maybe it's a mix of being a drummer, being sarcastic and covered in tattoos. Also one of the older members...

My friend actually can't decide either so she calls herself a Junko gya. Sometimes we give Junko gifts and wonder who gets them.

Kazuki is the type to go "Oh, she's doing well" when asked how Junko is doing while Reiya is the type to go "J...Junko??" 

Haru lets me cheat when pulling cheki; Roji does not but he will say "See you~" in English... and then stare like a deer in headlights when anything is said back in English.

Yeah, like I love all the songs on Doshaburi but I think it's how they ordered it + Yuuyake is a little generic to me ? for why Kowai Kurai pulls ahead. 

Junko looks a promise member lol

Does she takes chekis too?

I said that was scary, now I think it's funny xD

I would give a necklace to Junko, since earrings are not usable to her :)

Jeezus, that's quite an active discography section considering they just started in December!

(I realize that some(/most?) are probably singles, but still!)

Junko looks a promise member lol

Does she takes chekis too?

I said that was scary, now I think it's funny xD

I would give a necklace to Junko, since earrings are not usable to her :)

exactly, she's just kind of funny now! I think we gave her a hair clip and a hair brush (her hair is a mess). also a coke zero with her name on it and a bottle of whiskey. I'm sure someone appreciated the whiskey for her.

Jeezus, that's quite an active discography section considering they just started in December!

(I realize that some(/most?) are probably singles, but still!)

Usotsuki is a single (3 songs). na mo naki sora e and lalalala are one song each. Kowai kurai and doshaburi are mini albums and shinitai will be a mini-album (5 songs each).

This band's method has been "hit the ground running and never stop"

I need to listen to the preview again I haven't had any time these days, oops. I'm curious to hear all the songs; it seems the mixing and mastering is almost done so maybe we'll get previews for the songs soon.

@chemicalpictures Idk what you like about tsumetai (I mean, it's a great song I love it but idk what about it you like while not liking the others) but none of the other songs in my opinion are like it. There are really good previews (like they are about half a song long) on youtube so you can get a feel for every song and judge yourself, maybe.

I have bought for a few people on here but my request when doing a shopping service with CDs is that it's not uploaded. 

Okay, wow. Your idea is so wrong. Once you sell a CD to someone else, it's no longer yours. They're free to do with it what they want. You're in no place to tell them what to do like you own the band.

lol, this isn't the place for this discussion. However, I can refuse to sell again. We talk about it before money is exchanged. If they had a problem with my request they would buy elsewhere. The end.

On topic: previews for the songs are up!