Sign in to follow this  
MikuKun

Favorite DuelJewel album? Or favorite memories of the band and how you got into them!

Since they are disbanding after EIGHTEEN YEARS!!!!!! I wanted to hear other people's favorite memories and favorite album's! Let's honor their long career!

Awww, thanks for this thread! Hanauta was the song that really got me into them, though I was never able to get my hands on that album so I mostly just watched the video on youtube about a 100 times haha. BULLET had a version of the song that I later just jammed to that quite a bit. Good memories of that album too.

But what I'm really gonna miss is the stupid stuff like this...

Lapidary is still my favorite after all these years. I probably discovered them in 2003/2004 in some random Brazilian websites and went on to get everything I could on slsk, but they were always under the radar in some way.

I'm pretty sure my first and also favorite song at the time was 永遠に夢を重ねて off that same album and it's still a big favorite. Classic stuff. Then I started to follow them more closely when the single The Birth came out in 2005, and then when VISIONS was released. I think these three are probably the ones I like the most in their disco. [REVIVE], their compilation with re-recorded songs, was also pretty great for obvious reasons.

Brilliant band, I've got no words to say how these guys are a great and also under appreciated.

I think they were always an Indie band with no major record company contract, but very talented artists and musicians.

I like Baru because I'm also a drummer, but I like all of them, Shun is always mysterious, Yuya is very funny, Hayato is also funny and gentle, Natsuki is quiet but he's a very good bassist.

I have no favorite album because their whole discography is very good, but Lapidary is also special to me because it's their first one.

I've discovered these guys in 2006 and since then I've been buying their stuff(CDs/DVDs/Posters) and exchanging rare files through soulseek, winmx, utatane, livejournal, ...

They were influenced by Luna Sea, Hide, Siam Shade, ... only good artists that incorporated the original visual style concept of the 80s/90s.

I met DuelJewel the same time as I met Kagrra, another marvelous band.

They will disband at the end of February, but I think that as long as we keep listening to good music, these bands will never be forgotten.

Sign in to follow this