Sign in to follow this  
freesia

Need help on ONE OK ROCK's Wherever You Are acoustic arrangement

I'm sorry if this question is stupid but I am a beginner in acoustic guitar and I tried to google and figure this out for hours.

I found these guitar chords for Wherever You Are:

http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/o/one_ok_rock/wherever_you_are_crd.htm

This seems to be made few years ago but I couldn't find any vids playing the chords from that.

Also, I was searching for chords of this acoustic arrangement from Jinsei X Kimi live DVD.

I tried to play the chords available on the internet to this acoustic arrangement but they didn't seem to match or maybe I am too n00by on this...

So the question is, can somebody enlighten me on whether these chords are for the acoustic arrangement in the vid? If not, can you please provide a video or audio of someone playing the chords or provide the accurate chords for the acoustic arrangement from the live DVD? >.<

Onegaishimasu. m(_ _)m

You are certainly correct, these are not the same chords. This being said, all the chords (or at least the start of the song) appear to share the same function.

As you may or may not know, if you know the key of a song you can write a progression like 'E B C#m G#m' as 'I V vi iii'.

The reason the chords don't sound the same as what the tabs have you playing is their acoustic arrangement, as is shown in this video, is transposed a whole step down.

The original song is in the key of E, this video seems to suggest the acoustic arrangement is in the key of D# (one fret down from E).  It would appear he is still playing the chords as though he is playing in E based on the video, so there are one of two possibilities: either the video has been pitched down a half-step, a common trick used to avoid automatic copyright strikes when uploading to youtube, which would mean on the original DVD it would sound like the chord sheet for the original song, or toru has tuned down a half step to D# standard for this arrangement. It is not uncommon for Toru to tune a half step down so that is just as likely. It would also make the high notes easier on Taka since they just won't be as high.

Either way: here are chords that would sound correct. How you use them is up to you, you can either tune your guitar down a half step (every string down half a note, D# standard tuning) and play the same chord shapes as on the tabs you linked, or you can learn the chords in standard (since he appears to be playing as though the guitar is in D# in the video, you may not be able to hit the low D# Major chord exactly as he does if you chose to go the E standard route).

Spoiler

D# A# Cm(B#m)  Gm  G#(F##) Gm G#(F##) A#

I      V    vi                 iii      IV              iii    IV              V

I      V    vi                 iii      IV              iii    IV              V

D#                             A#

I                                  V

Cm(B#m)                Gm
vi                                iii

G#(F##)                  D#

IV                               I

G#(F##)        A#  D#

IV                     V       I

G#(F##)                 A#

IV                               V

VI                               I

VI                              V

Cm(B#m) Gm            G#(F##)    A#

vi                 iii               IV                V

Cm(B#m) Gm            G#(F##)    A#

vi                 iii               IV                V

SOLO:

D# A# Cm(B#m)  Gm  G#(F##) D# G#(F##) A#

I      V    vi                 iii      IV             I       IV              V

IV                               V

VI                               I

VI                              V

I know this is very late so I'm sorry if it isn't helpful, but it was good fun to work this out either way.

Sign in to follow this