Trombe

D will resume activities & new maxi single "HAPPY UNBIRTHDAY" release

I'm really not sure how many more times they have to do Alice in Wonderland themed releases. I feel like they do it, or similar things, a lot and it's not necessary any longer. In any case the music is alright. Far from their best work. It gets pretty campy at times for a band that does darker music incredibly well. I actually like Asagi's vocals in the song, but the instrumentation itself is literally nothing special. Doesn't have a great beat or rhythm, just nice vocals is all I can really tell.

How unfortunate. At least they've made a lot of good music before this dud. I'll just go listen to that.

Also, if you listen closely you can hear the sound of a whip in the background as D beats the 'Alice in Wonderland' motif to death. It's really hard to hear over the sound of numerous expectations deflating in tandem but it's there. I wasn't expecting revolutionary material - although the potential is there - but this is just plain bad. The guitars lost all their complexity and charm and the synth feels really lazy. All that chatter about their record label driving them too hard and worsening their sound was wishful thinking after all. They took three years off and somehow manage to suck more than they did before they quit.

The only positive thing about that preview was that Asagi didn't murder the chorus with vibrato. Yet. But that was the lamest, most faceless chorus ever. I just heard it three times and don't remember a damn thing about it. Danzai no Gunner and Dying Message had more memorable choruses than that and those two songs sucked too.

I think the song sounds fine, it's not gonna be my favorite of their's by a long shot but it's good. The pv/look is tacky but in a cute way lol.

It's not bad at all, it's just different from all the heavy releases that are being brought out nowadays, and I think that funloving and lighthearted songs like these are by far overlooked in an era of the scene where everything is supposed to be dark and "br00tal". 

I like this, it's typically D for stepping out of the box and daring to do something different from a much larger clutter of same-sounding bands. That is why they stand out as a Visual Kei group, and that is why they'll always stand out. It's why D will always remain one of my favourite bands.