Sign in to follow this  
dannemannen

Mucc - Trendy

Mucc has been really delivering the last few years and this album is no exception.

1- Suiren
Tatsuro and the gang surely knows how to start off album. Epic song, f*ck, its so good. If the chorus only was only a bit more melodic it would be perfect, but it is EPIC 9/10

2- D・f・D (Dreamer from Darkness)
Best song on the album IMO, the chorus is so unbelievably catchy, incredible song and a new favorite mucc song 10/10

3- B.L.U.E -Tell me KAFKA-
Has some really nice parts but the chorus, the main melody, doesn't feel 100%. Same as Suiren if it just was a little better here it would be more memorable 7/10

4- HATEЯ
The song that impressed on me the least this time. It is a high quality production but feels like a filler 6/10

5- Rainbow
Maybe it is only me but I love these mellow songs from Mucc. Great song all way and the main melody is so... melodic, great effort! 8.5/10

6- Rendez-Vous
Sorry felt like a filler to me 5/10

7- TONIGHT
.... and of course they decided to end it with epicness, super catchy song that will be awesome live. AWESOME 9/10

Once again Mucc blows me away and this release proves they are one of the best Japanese quality bands out there today.

Final verdict 9/10

What are your thoughts on Mucc's latest effort?

Rendez-Vous is the SURPRISE HIT of the album for me, honestly

HATER is definitely the weakest track, I like its parts but I don't think it really comes together

everything else is pretty darn good!!  8.5/10, maybe??  it's a lot more EXCITING to listen to than their last album~

Rendez-Vous is the SURPRISE HIT of the album for me, honestly

HATER is definitely the weakest track, I like its parts but I don't think it really comes together

everything else is pretty darn good!!  8.5/10, maybe??  it's a lot more EXCITING to listen to than their last album~

We agree on hater!

Come on guys, more opinions!! This album deserves more attention! 

Rendez-Vous ended up being one of my favorites off of this one. TONIGHT, as well. But overall I was disappointed. It sounds like a bunch of old songs they didn't know what to do with. If this mini came out around Kyutai era I might have been more impressed with it. Suiren sounds like it could have been on Shion, even. But I'm one of the few that likes their newer releases so I guess I'm a rare case holding them to their newer standards when everyone else has been waiting for them to return to "classic" Mucc. 

I also don't feel their current production style suits these songs very well. It's not as raw and crunchy as it used to sound, and this sounds too compressed (okay for more electronic stuff, not so much for hard rock) to keep the energy it should have. Everything feels flat and guitars sound more like an annoying buzz than the roar they should be. The bass also feels pushed a lot farther down in the mix than I'd like it to be. They're only a 4 piece, you should be able to hear everyone all the time.

Eh, it's a neutral 2.5 out of 5 from me this time around.

Sign in to follow this