Sign in to follow this  
BrenGun

[REVIEW] Tokami - PARADOX | free talk review

FREE TO LISTEN HERE: SPOTIFY

NEVER supporting SW bands?

Well that's actually impossible.

But for Tokami I'm happy to make an exception.  I also know that Tokami 1000 is also doing a lot with video editing etc. So I don't doubt that the guys don't get "enough" money passed inside the Tokami "money bottle". Which for me is important that a band under a "small" label get what they need to get.

I follow Tokami since their first release under Starwave Records. I was highly impressed back then... but their music wasn't my cup of tea for 100%.

Still back then Tokami had one more member, so the music still sounded good enough for me. However after that member did leave Tokami the band had an area of releasing only "so so so" music.

But since KAZUHA did joined Tokami the band found their REAL VIPE and power. Their music sound finished and not just as... something unfinished.

Paradox was released yesterday official in stores and online als legal download and as always also on Spotify.

So of course I checked them out.

The first track Unconscious is an SE. However this instrumental track sounds a bit trashy and it's not that nice for my ears, so I skip this song...

Track 6 Metempsychosis is also an SE. (PIANO loop playing)

The other 5 tracks are full songs.

02. Radiant (heavy song, grunting and clean vocal)
03. 葬影-送リ火ノ空- (slightly heavy, clean vocal only)
04. Day after day (a bit heavy, clean vocal only)

05. CORE (heavy song, grunting and clean vocal)
07. Lost memory   (Slower song, clean vocal only)

Clean sining, grunting, heavy guitar, heaviness in drum. it all fits together.

CORE is a lesser nice song however somehow the song also has a good vibe but it's not a song which I will ever really love.

What should I say more about it?

Tokami proofs again that they are a great band and that it was a good decision that Kazuha joined the band, which I even until today really surprised at. Because I didn't like Kazuha in Blood or Sound Bee at all.

Agato's voice is truly beautiful his grunting is also good.

Tokami isn't a meijibray or grieva or something similar to these 2 bands.. (lucky they are not). But I guess if you like that kind of bands you also can enjoy Tokami. Just give them a try even if they are under SW.

To me, they are together with CQ and nüe the best SW bands which we should support with BUYING their music. 

Favorite tracks:

Radiant and Lost Memory

Mini album rating:

:4.5:

SO GO AND CHECK IT OUT!!!

SPOTIFY

BUY at Starwave shop

CDBABY (FLAC available) (they charge a bit of extra tax, (The tax currency of your country) But still highly recommend!)

Sign in to follow this