Sign in to follow this  
Trombe

凛(lin) will be on hiatus & new maxi single release

My poor heart. Why should they go out with this bang? They have finally found their sound with this lineup, so why go? Why not simply release this monster and be certain of proper promotion so they can get those sales going? This is incredible, this PV looks absolutely incredible, I love this so much. 

I wish they would just release their "promotional" videos. No wonder they're having issues financially. They put so much work and money into these videos and where do they go?

I just started to listen to Lin last year, but I wonder how much this "hiatus" was influenced by the change of vocal and sound...

I suppose as time goes by there is less and less room for the old melodies in Visual Kei...

Kind of a whole movement in decline.

Their PVs are often gifts that are rewarded to their webshop's customers. It's not unlike how other bands sell their videos; they are either type-based or sold separately at special occasions.

And I agree with you, @seikun. Where do we hear sounds from active bands like this anymore? We have them on Starwave Records, and we have them on 凛. Ironically, both Kiwamu and Kisaki are artists people don't listen to by default — people couldn't care less whether their music was miraculous or not, their image and notoriousness comes first. And this results in how people are looking for a sound that's right under their noses, but they just refuse to support those two guys.

I don't think the problem is on oversea fans considering how little they probably get from cd sales anyway. The real problem is that Japanese fans don't go to their shows, or rather that they don't have enough Japanese fans who care enough. The Japanese fans are more into bands like nokubura, arlequin etc, not this kind of music.

That's what I've said dozens of times before. Metalcore has crawled its way into the scene and it has completely taken over. It's difficult to find bands that support clean vocals, and when you find them, they usually switch to death vocals on their next release because it attracts the scene's current audience.

Most bands that don't want to stray from their clean and melodic sound are practically done for.

I don't really agree. It's quiet sad if they can't live off of this band, but Phantasmagoria would kick ass anytime, even now. In fact Kisaki can't write such amazing things by himself.

I have seen less than a handful of people on this forum who appreciate Phantasmagoria even the slightest, and that sort of represents today's Visual Kei fan's taste, yes? They wouldn't have an impact on today's scene if this band existed right in this moment, for you can already see that melodious bands don't receive attention (which is exactly what I have been trying to say for the past few posts). And you know that Kisaki writes most of his bands' material, right? The other members only have a slight impact. Visual Kei bands usually have one writer, credits are just given to others to make it appear more divided between members for an audience's eyes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc6hhbemgI4

maybe thats why the original got taken down lol

know i'll be dismissed as a ~hater~, but christ this is embarrassingly bad. Melodically a mess, arrangement all over the place, synths sounding cheaper than ever. Whatever happened to the band who released silent to my pain.

I have seen less than a handful of people on this forum who appreciate Phantasmagoria even the slightest

A lot of people appreciate Laputa who they stole half their riffs from though if that counts!

I have seen less than a handful of people on this forum who appreciate Phantasmagoria even the slightest, and that sort of represents today's Visual Kei fan's taste, yes? They wouldn't have an impact on today's scene if this band existed right in this moment, for you can already see that melodious bands don't receive attention (which is exactly what I have been trying to say for the past few posts). And you know that Kisaki writes most of his bands' material, right? The other members only have a slight impact. Visual Kei bands usually have one writer, credits are just given to others to make it appear more divided between members for an audience's eyes.

I think absolutely different, Phantasmagoria and Lin is so far from each other. Look, i respect that you love this band, i agree the metalcore has grown huge but, as @herpes said, Lin is a mess. I feel so absolutely, a long time ago.... since Metamorphose.

Kisaki has a lot of good idea, but it doesn't turn out well like in Phantasmagoria, because you can be 100% sure the Phantasmagoria's songs have not written only by Kisaki. Jun and Iori did an amazing job in arrangement and he could work better with Riku about lyrics at that time.

Lin had a big chance to be famous just because of Kisaki and Riku's history, but the songs was not enough good, that's it. Look at the Oricon first week sales. As if Forever Exists 2000+, Metamorphose ~900, Silent To My pain ~700. Flowers Bloom ~400 and since that it's getting worse and worse. It's not because the scene changed, it's because the people realized Lin won't be ever on the same level of Phantasmagoria and they gave up on this band. Even with Megaromania members the band didn't upgrade so much.

I like Phantasmagoria, although I like their darker side, not so much at the end getting softer.

As for Lin, as I said, I have been listening to the band since last year. I like what the band did with Riku and thr other band members. I don't dislike Sui at all, but changing the vocalist and consequenlty a change in sound made the band too different.

By the way, since you are talking about VK switching to metalcore, is the synth era (I don't know how to say it better) kind of gone? I mean the sound as in songs like Limit by ν[NEU] that was so popular since 2010 at least.

SUI & MIZALY session will perform at Shibuya REX at 2015/09/25

session members:
Vo.SUI (凛(lin))
Gt.MIZALY (凛(lin))
Gt.NAO (CELL)
Ba.綜(sou) (Minerva)
Dr.クロ(kuro) (SLINGER)

CERO will hold his birthday presents live "Here's looking at me, kid Vol.2" at HOLIDAY OSAKA at 2015/12/01, at which his birthday session will perform

CERO birthday session members:

Vo.SUI (凛(lin))

Gt.CERO (凛(lin))

Gt.Cecir (ex-E'm~grief~)

Ba.Ray (Dead Children)

Dr.YUSHI (凛(lin))

Gt.Cecir will no longer participate in CERO birthday session live "Here's looking at me, kid Vol.2" at HOLIDAY OSAKA at 2015/12/01 due to his family reasons

From 2015.09.28, 22:00JST to 2015.10.11, 23:59JST, the band is offering sets of 10 random cheki for ¥5.000 at which will be included a personalized comment DVD by the member of your choice. According to previous occasions, this bandmember will personally address you in this video and give a short blurb on what's in store for him in the future. Upon ordering, make certain you specify to whom the message should be addressed to, as well as specifying which member you would like to receive a message from. FromJapan is very consistent with this and if you write up this request upon making an order with them, they execute it flawlessly. 

A second time-limited offer is yet another bootleg DVD as was recorded on 2015.07.12 at ESAKA MUSE. The DVD is around 50 minutes and costs ¥3.780, for which the same dates and times stand on the limitations of the offer.

http://lin-official.shop-pro.jp/

Sign in to follow this