Sign in to follow this  
anieresus

E'm~grief~

Emgriefnewem.jpg

(2008 – present)

E'm?grief? would seem like a fairly new band on the Vk scene, but they are composed by 4 experienced members from older Visual kei acts. Those bands include Lanus Dune, Chelsea, Vice†Risk, CRADLE, Alegory Pill, Qross etc. Their concept is I’m ~grief~. They don't really have an official bass player, but KISAKI did support bass for them on their first mini-album, but it seems Yuze, who has been a bass player in other bands such as Juka's solo career is the one doing the bass now. Their songs vary from heavy metal to jazz to a song full of synths which they seem to use a lot. In their mini-album they made a cover of Phantasmagoria's song "???-Eternal Silence-". They are signed to Undercode Productions.

Members:

Vocal: ??(Rita) (Gill’s Tear ? CRADLE ? Miravills ? CalorZe ? E’m?grief?)

Guitar & Cello: Cecir (MERE REVEIL ? Lanus Dune ? Allegory Pill ? ???????/??????? ? Juka(support guitar) ? E’m?grief?)

Guitar & Sound Programming: ???(Yuze) (LA VALLIÉRE ? ?????? ? Vice†Risk ? La’miss†fairy ? Juka(support bass) ? E’m?grief?)

Drums:??(Majyu) (QROSS ? Lanus Dune ? ENEMY ZERO(AKI) ? xPhearx(??) ? ????(Aki; support) ? Siva(support) ? ????SEVEN SEAS(Aki-dolich XXIII) ? E’m?grief?)

Discography:

2008.07.02 MAXI SINGLE ?Eternal melody?

2008.08.06 MAXI SINGLE ?Pains of aspiration?

2009.03.18 MINI ALBUM ?Daze?

2009.11.18 MAXI SINGLE ?Amentia?

2009.12.16 MAXI SINGLE ?In paradism?

2010.08.18 MAXI SINGLE ?Atonality?

OHP

Ameba Blog

An interesting band who as I added in the topic description, tries to blend old visual kei with the neo visual kei scene, especially if you are a fan of those two (like me) you'll love this band.

I love this band. I literately can't wait for Atonality, I check everyday for covers/samples.

Dislike them as people, lowlife stealing scum.

But their music is good. A few songs remind me of Malice Mizer, but more metal. Amentia is just an atrocity - a good sounding atrocity, but surely illegal.

But their music is good. A few songs remind me of Malice Mizer, but more metal. Amentia is just an atrocity - a good sounding atrocity, but surely illegal.

IMO Amentia has been their worst song so far, I don't know why did they even do that. But the other songs are amazing, so I could careless for one illegal song lol

BTW, Still no previews of their upcoming single :/

Why do people always bring that up?!

I think it's something inevitable.

IMO E'm?grief? didn't even have to do that, they are not your average VK band that would disband in a couple of months...Gladly Seduce was amazing.

IMO they were going perfectly until they did, it kinda just makes them really bad people now XD Blatant stealing without crediting... I lost my respect for them... but I'll always enjoy the music.

I've never heard them, but I was a big CHELSEA fan and I quite like Miravills. So, I'll try to listen to them. Can you give me some song titles which I should listen to?XD

I liked most of the songs released on/before Daze. Amentia wasn't bad but (and no I don't care if they ripped someone because) it didn't sound like them.

I've never heard them, but I was a big CHELSEA fan and I quite like Miravills. So, I'll try to listen to them. Can you give me some song titles which I should listen to?XD

Sure.

???-Eternal Silence- (Phantasmagoria cover)

In paradism ??????

Le soleil de l'oasis

Seduce

????

Eternal Melody

Those IMO are the best.

I thought they were strange at first, but after a while I started to really like them. Now I'm a raving fanboy *foams*.

I wish they released a bit faster than they do now (5 singles, one omnibus song, and one more single on the way in 2 years isn't all that productive...) but I enjoy their uniqueness as well as the musical risks they take. By risks I don't mean stealing from European metal. I'm not denying that they did, I really just don't care to be honest. It's not the first time it's happened and it wasn't the last time as well. I'll gladly ramble off 4 or 5 other examples of the same incident or worse. At least they "stole" from European bands instead of other visual bands to at least make it look like they didn't to non-metal fans. Also, I don't think it's fair to say they're all low-lives. Yuuze wrote it, so yell at him :C

"Amentia" aside, all of their other songs are different from each other. "Seduce" has jazz influence, "Seelenheil," is a strange mixture of metal and almost folk music with pseudo-operatic vocals, "Dokuhaku no Sora" sounds inspired by Malice Mizer, and "In Paradism" is a tranquil industrial metal track with a death reggeaton ending. That's right, death reggeaton. This is what I meant by musical risks: instead of picking just one style and releasing songs like whichever one sold the best, they vary from release to release. I also think it's interesting that they use German titles instead of French. I know D has done this, along with Slovak languages, but not many more that I know of use German titles.

I've grown to like Rita's voice a lot. I enjoy how he sounds when he sings and like vocalists of that grandiose style. To me he kind of sounds like a fusion of Gackt and Juka, but I think I'm the only one who draws that comparison.

I think Maiyu is a great drummer, although my knowledge of drumming is pretty much "hit stuff in rhythm, I can't read music." This opinion is solely based on high school drummers though, so don't lynch me. Anyway, I noticed that a lot of indie use the same drum patterns and it gets to be a bit bland. I normally don't pay a lot of attention to drum structures until I'm very familiar with a song, but it seems like Maiyu tries to make his parts be more than a normal rhythm pattern, like in "Infinity Daze," for example.

Cecir and Yuuze seem to be very experienced in the VK field having been part of 4 or 5 bands each but unfortunately I haven't had the time to check them out yet. Poor Yuuze does nearly everything now: guitar, bass, synth, and a lot of the composing. Cecir is also listed as the band's cello player, which I thought was interesting, but I don't think they've had to use that special talent as of yet.

I just ordered the B-Type of "Atonality" today. I'll gladly share once my copy arrives, along with the live DVD if I can figure out how to extract the files... Has anyone bought the CDs from UC itself? I'm interested in seeing the bonus live footage too, even if it's on Youtube (no need to take up space on my external harddrive if I don't need to, non?).

Wow I talk a lot D:

I just ordered the B-Type of "Atonality" today. I'll gladly share once my copy arrives, along with the live DVD if I can figure out how to extract the files... Has anyone bought the CDs from UC itself? I'm interested in seeing the bonus live footage too, even if it's on Youtube (no need to take up space on my external harddrive if I don't need to, non?).

I want that one, but I might not be able to buy it before it sells out (only 12 left on CDJapan). :(

Anyway, the new previews are REALLY good. I recorded them and posted the link on the random songs thread.

Thanks for the previews. Uhm well I really liked them, but sometimes it all sounds the same to me, but knowing E'm?grief? they won't disappoint me.

I'll probably buy both types on UCP's store, since they really don't have a lot of live videos out there.

Previews can be very misleading. A lot of times, for me that is, I *hate* the previews because they pick an awkward 20 seconds. I have the mindset for when I listen to the actual songs and find that I in fact do like the whole release. Even if these samples sound kind of like other songs, specifically "Heretical Glare," that's still 20 seconds out of anywhere from 4~7 minutes and E'm is prone to having several themes in their songs.

**Edit: OH GOD I USED THE WRONG "THEIR" /selfmutilation

WTF how could I not notice this thread before D:

I've been desperately searching for E'm fans, 'cause I just couldn't find any.

I pretty much agree with what Peace Heavy mk II said, even with the GacktxJuka part.

Every song is different and has its own cool parts, which make E'm unique. I especially enjoy Infinity Daze, for some reason :x

Anyway, I hope they'll make a busier release schedule, 'cause I want more <3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them^^ theyre so great live,and evertime I see Rita-sama-I always think " no juman can sing and look like him" he's an angel :D. However I will buy the A-Type of ?Atonality?.

Sign in to follow this