BrenGun

bands and their hate for illegal uploads....

So... what I've asked for are stories from BANDS who hate it. Not only your opinion about it, because this topic isn't meant to be a debate topic.

Piracy doesn't ever go away. From the minute the band gains a fan, they should expect that everything they record can and eventually will end up online somewhere.  Bands that ask or rant to fans to stop pirating their music don't see that piracy is the inevitable end game of being a band. It's an indicator of many things, the biggest being that there are people out there that care enough about a band to advertise their music for them! I think this is a vastly underrated bonus that musicians forget about when they froth at the mouth over "potential money lost". That's why every band that has ever mentioned piracy in a negative light unintentionally end up sounding like assholes. At one point, piracy helped them and their bands get to where they are whether they want to admit it or not. Their points are valid in almost all cases, and in many cases piracy may have a marginal to sizable impact on their revenue, but the benefits that piracy gives to these small local bands far outweighs the money they're losing.

There are some things money can't buy. A growing fan base is one of them.

I all know that Zess

(-""-;)

Its not about our opinion... over and over again. We did discuss that enough.

Its about to post the askings/rants from bands about this matter.

These bands don't even promote themselves to the foreign audiences, only to the domestic buyers. I'll use kpop as an example, because my friend listens to it and buys CDs. She says they're often cheaper than Japanese CDs, but they also include super nice boxes, and whole books (yes, huge books!) with the band photos. Even if the music ends up online, people just want to have the CD for the booklet and the extras. It isn't that expensive to print it. Vkei bands make money on photosets, yes... but why not take some extra, nice photos during the same photoshoot that will go to a nice booklet? If photosets are different than the booklet, people will buy them anyway... I see all that complaining as a marketing failure.

I'm not super pro- and super against posting music online, just somewhere in between. I can't always buy music, I can't have all CDs, that Mejibray's "Eiki" single I bought was a huge treat for me and I won't lie: I bought it because CD Japan was giving an autographed poster with it... and I love this red look of Tsuzuku, so I wanted to have it. I can't buy every CD they release, because I can't afford it, so I download. If I could buy it, I would. I'm against the kind of mindset that spending money on CDs is a waste of money, they deserve it for their work, but... the fan needs to be convinced to buy. Most CDs of visual kei bands are poorly released, there's just a booklet with lyrics, in a plastic box.

Haven't read most of the responses here but...

I have one advice for bands bitching about this matter: Make your shit more accessible to us by selling it on amazon/itunes internationally so we can actually afford it, otherwise a big fuck you and deal with it because piracy will never go away. :|

Is it the time that I should say something cuz I'm the original uploader?

again, I mentioned that this upload is only for mch do not spread it, but someone just ignore it and first, to vk.com after one hour, and then notorious v3 blxgspxt.

even someone said the spread can't be prevented cuz this is the INTERNET.

well, I think we should not only repect the band members' wishes but also the original uploaders.

I know it's hard to manage the people who promote the music they love, but if this can't be solved, I'm afraid there won't be more rarez of in-active bands to share, cuz it'll give pressure to original uploaders, this includes me and my friends.

nokubura did that one or two years ago, now The Time Has Come......

I'm neutral about the debate. First, I'm not so rich so I take many rips of others too. Second, I just wanna satisfy those who are dying to hear sth. Third, I could understand those HATERS' UNION cuz they LOVE the bands they love and don't want the bands to be hurt.

in a result, should we make some rules about this? and also, the rules of promisers to secret uploaders.

plus, I hold many other rips of good quality rarez too, but sth. I just don't wanna share.

Thoughts of Japanese bands are totally different from western and other asian countries. sometime we ought to respect their thoughts. Do as the Romans do though we aren't Romans.

and just like the Mr. Zeus said, so what we should do is to wait the in-active bands disbanded several years later then upload their discography?

that's funny lol. then we are able to set up a p2p site like rutracker or metaltracker, aren't we?

finally, the Japanese don't upload much because of the laws of IP.

the original uploaders

cuz it'll give pressure to original uploaders

in a result, should we make some rules about this? and also, the rules of promisers to secret uploaders.

plus, I hold many other rips of good quality rarez too, but sth. I just don't wanna share.

Party bus with trve elite guyz just arrived

@@acbpn

You are not the reaon... it happens once a while when bands get NUTS.....

I think it's funny that D.I.D went pissed off... They only show us fans that they are such fuckers who only care about those who go to the GIG. and they simply forget about those who cannot be there.

I still don't get why bands not simply give a CD for free at the LIVE and then later that they put it on their WEBSITE for free too.

Because it would be sad if fans only would go to their lives because of that FREE CD... then you also can better QUIT your band....

@Naaaaani

Nope some people are not ELITE.

For me ELITE are people who CAN SHARE but who simply don't SHARE.

@acbpn is not an ELITE and will never be.

I don't want that this topic is a discussion topic.

© copyright copyright. That's what artist do have if they created a CD even if it's a FREE CD. They still own the copyright. For them FREE means, FREE for the people who went to the concert. Other people simply can fuck off. But keep in mind that all over Japan are also fans which cannot get every LIVE LIMITED (FREE) CD too.

But Copyright is Copyright.

So bands GET mad if something will be shared. Not only Japanese bands, European and American bands also get often not that amused.  LAW is LAW and in the worst case you should pay a high amount of money or even spent time in JAIL because of sharing THEIR music.

The only way to BREAK that law, yes there is one is to play the song in the background and telling your opinion ABOUT the song. (However youtube still can take it down, but you didn't broke the law)

everyone should watch this video:

Anyway, do more people have samples of bands who went mad?!

D.I.D. RANT continue

tumblr_nqdt52KiaH1rmpv60o1_540.jpg

Issei: You weren’t there [on 6/19] so you have no right to hear these songs in the first place. We even wrote on the CD “Don’t upload these songs on Youtube!!”. We’ve sent a deletion request. Those who don’t take it down should get a $5000 fine. Those who knew it was forbidden and yet continued to listen to the leaked songs also deserve to pay $5000.

Issei: You weren’t there [on 6/19] so you have no right to hear these songs in the first place. We even wrote on the CD “Don’t upload these songs on Youtube!!”. We’ve sent a deletion request. Those who don’t take it down should get a $5000 fine. Those who knew it was forbidden and yet continued to listen to the leaked songs also deserve to pay $5000.

What a shame. They are too greedy and pretentious for japanese noname generic core band.

Do DEG stans remember when Kareki threw a huge fit (@tumblr) about DEG fanbase "killing" band's revenue with massive DSS leak downloads? (That too came after some petty tweet by courtesy of Kyo on being a bit disgruntled about the said leak)).

I think it's delusive fans who drive this useless VK piracy discussion into new, hellish dimensions - NOT hasbeen bandomen with obvious mental issues/attention whoring symptoms (Akane) or total denial in terms of failed business plan/move (Hiro/Nokubura in general - was the move to VK a good decision to begin with? Let that sink in for a moment).

Sobersided stans should just calm their tits and let it all pass by (they will eventually figure that out for themselves, and who knows - perhaps the band/person comes up with better ways on attracting more fans to buy their stuff, e.g. bandcamp)) - as it was said above, we don't owe anything to their business fiascos.

I'm torn because 1) musicians should always have a right to creative control, but 2) DID is bad and their music is bad

remember when Kareki threw a huge fit 

fixed it

I'm willing to buy original stuff but accessibility is a problem for me.

I know a website in my country that sells some Visual Kei stuff but the prices are unreasonably high.

Issei: You weren’t there [on 6/19] so you have no right to hear these songs in the first place. We even wrote on the CD “Don’t upload these songs on Youtube!!”. We’ve sent a deletion request. Those who don’t take it down should get a $5000 fine. Those who knew it was forbidden and yet continued to listen to the leaked songs also deserve to pay $5000.

Hoooooly shit. What a whiny little baby. He thinks that everyone who listened to his ~*~Super Special Beautiful Masterpiece~*~ and wasn't at the live should get fined? He can seriously go climb a wall of dicks.... that's the shittiest fucking attitude I've ever seen directed towards a band's fans.

Hoooooly shit. What a whiny little baby. He thinks that everyone who listened to his ~*~Super Special Beautiful Masterpiece~*~ and wasn't at the live should get fined? He can seriously go climb a wall of dicks.... that's the shittiest fucking attitude I've ever seen directed towards a band's fans.

That's why every band that has ever mentioned piracy in a negative light unintentionally end up sounding like assholes. At one point, piracy helped them and their bands get to where they are whether they want to admit it or not. Their points are valid in almost all cases, and in many cases piracy may have a marginal to sizable impact on their revenue, but the benefits that piracy gives to these small local bands far outweighs the money they're losing.

Thanks Akane for proving my point not even a day after I posted this!

After Akane dropped his "I am so anti religion" attitude he had to choose something else to be angry at. Let's see it positive: now we have something new to laugh about.

Also yes, I am one of those filthy leechers. Like others I have not the privilege to buy shittons of music, especially japanese music. Most of my buys are now from bandcamp or alternative stores (or secondhand shops), but as many have said, japanese bands have the tendency to make access to their material very difficult for foreigners. Or you could still get it, but it costs just so much. And while once in a while I spend 80€ for a few CDs, I am not going to do that all the time.

But then I mostly listen to old, obscure shit. And I don't know how much the 90s VK bands that had 10 fans feel about it (they probably don't care).

I wouldn't give a shit about what the fandom says. VK has the most delusional fanbase, like Kareki. I remember her from a German Manga board and she has always been an entitled bitch. She was exactly the same rabid fangirl/bangya who thinks she knows the banmembers the best, as if they are her BFFs in real life. And fans like this who believe they are the bands true fan/waifu will think they have the right to dictate others what they are allowed to do or not. They are utterly pathetic and to be ignored.

I'm very torn on this issue. On one hand, I think that artists should be able to get some sort of compensation for their hard work and that decent fans should give back to them in some way. 

However, when it come to Japanese artists, many of them make their music so inaccessible, it's ludicrous. Whether it's due to factors that are within the control of the artists or not, it's ridiculous that the only legal way international fans can sample their music and actually get exposure to the artist is through five second YouTube clips or by buying the full CD. 

Fuck them, I say.

If I bought something, this is now my possession and if I want to share, I'll do so and you will shut your mouth. It's as simply as that.

As far as piracy goes, anyone who truly enjoys and is able to afford, will legally buy it. If I didn't like your shit, or if I don't have the money to buy it, you are not losing anything. Why were you counting on my money, in the first place?

TL;DR Create good stuff, people will reward you accordingly. Create mediocre stuff, people will reward you accordingly.

Btw, that single was kinda sucky. Do another 'a forlorn hope' and we'll talk again, Akane.