freesia

[Live Report] Girugamesh - 2015.04.11 Hidden Agenda, Hong Kong

Almost 3pm, my friends and I arrived Hidden Agenda hesitating whether we found the right place or not since the livehouse is in a hard-to-notice industrial building. We noticed the door to the venue was opened with no one at all inside it because I guess they didn't expect fans to arrive this early. We went inside and noticed many band name logo stickers around the place so we confirmed we found the right place. Few minutes later, staffs came in, noticed us and told us to wait outside so we did.

A while later, the elevator door opened again and more staffs went out. The band went along with them into the venue. My friends saw Shuu and Nii but I only noticed Ryo. All of them didn't wear make-up but I'm sure most fans aren't unfamiliar with their without make-up look. Ryo didn't look too different from the off-shoot videos on youtube.

We waited by the stairs near the door of the venue since there weren't much space by the elevator doors, other fans who arrived later queued up at the stairs also.

We waited for almost an hour but there weren't any other fans waiting yet. Shuu gave us a surprise by coming out of the venue door with his bass, nodded and said hello to us. I went like “Omg, it's Shuu!” to my friends and, stupidly, all of my friends and I only responded his greeting and totally forgot to ask for an autograph or picture! He walked around and then went back behind the venue doors.

After a an hour and half or so, we started to hear the band rehearsing. They played Evolution , Kowarete Iku Sekai and a few songs I failed to stay to listen because some of my friends and I needed to go out to the streets and find a toilet. When we went out, the sound of their rehearsal could be heard loudly all over the street but it didn't matter since there weren't many people at the street.

At 7:30, the staff opened the venue door and let us buy goods. I ended up buying a black t-shirt only. We went up to the front of the stage. My friends stood in front of the vocal position and I stood in front of the bassist position because it had the best view to Ryo. We all wore the t-shirts.

After an hour, the band came to the stage on time and everyone yelled. Shuu stood closely in front of us because there weren't any blockages in between the stage and the audience. He touched our fingers when we reached up. They played a short intro then started off with Break Down. The crowd and I jumped, raised up fists, and headbanged, following by Drain and Voltage. Then it was MC time, Satoshi thanked us for coming. I couldn't remember much of what he said at that time.

They played Incomplete, Not Found, Crazy-Flag, sunrise, Dirty Story, Resolution, Suiren, gravitation, driving time, Border, Another way, evolution, and Alone. Everyone didn't stop raising fists, jumping and headbanging to the music. My body and neck still hurts but it was worth the fun.

Satoshi ordered us to form a circle pit in two songs, I looked back and saw they did. He told us to wave our towels in the air during one song. Ryo wiggle-danced at times and always smiled, it was adorable. Satoshi went up to the platform in front the stage and all of my friends who stood behind the platform grabbed and touched him. I didn't get to do that at that time but I managed the touch his arm during one song when he was close, it was all sweaty. Shuu shooed Nii away for some reason and it seemed funny.

Then we yelled for encore after Alone, they came back to stage after a while. They played three songs for the encore and they were Zecchou BANG!!, Owari to Mirai and Kowarete Iku Sekai. I didn't expect them to play Kowarete Iku Sekai. It was one of my favorite songs from them so I am happy I got to hear it live.

After the last encore song, they threw towels, water bottles, and picks to the audience. I wasn't lucky enough to get any.

After the live, I gave my Stitch pocket fan gift for Ryo to a staff to hand it to him. My recent impression on the band was that Shuu was really nice. It was an awesome show for us and I hope for the band too! Girugamesh is so full of energy and their interaction with the audience is priceless.

Setlist sticked on the floor of stage:
tumblr_nmppnhJKxE1t246fno1_1280_zps2jqij

Video of Kowarete Iku Sekai with extremely shitty recorded sound quality