Trombe

Die(DIR EN GREY) project "DECAYS" has formed

I don't understand... I can see that Kobayashi is there but I don't "hear" him at all. Even when it appeared that only he was singing, the filter on his voice made him hardly recognizable.

Since I'm pretty much only here for him, I have to say I'm a bit disappointed so far.

where is it?

It just got uploaded in the video section.

I don't understand... I can see that Kobayashi is there but I don't "hear" him at all. Even when it appeared that only he was singing, the filter on his voice made him hardly recognizable.

haha, I feel ya, although I thought Koba's voice was pretty audible. I feel like both he and Die's voices probably blend pretty well.

As for the song itself, let's just say my expectations were way too high, ahaha :lol:

But regardless of how I feel about the song, it's still great to see something like this happen. On the bright side, THE NOVEMEBERS might gain new fans/more exposure, and it's probably fun/therapeutic for Die to play and create music that he probably won't ever make with DIR EN GREY.

I like the song, a lot. Die's style is very notable and it stands out and gives the track that nice funk flare. Can't wait to see a live clip of this. Chorus is nice too! Just an overall cool song. 

Sadly, i was really hoping to hear an equal amount of Die and Koba. Seems like Die, vocally was non existent. 

Oh well. Its all good. 

I can't wait to see what else comes from these guys. 

tumblr_mznpwizSqO1r6rly0o1_500.gif

U CALLED IT !!! i know u said radio friendly alt rock but damn :( IM SO SAD

its fun and all but i hate this song so much lol

im still gonna follow them because DIE SAMAAAA

Sadly, i was really hoping to hear an equal amount of Die and Koba. Seems like Die, vocally was non existent. 

1. i am so relieved that die's vocal part wasnt as proportioned as i have worried! he fits perfect as it he is and was. this project should be something like that band that nightmare's drummer's doing (same session, but trying different vocalists). something experimental.

2. the song's alright, not as impactful as sukekiyo did, but catchy.

3. somehow feels like kobayashi didnt do his part 100%. maybe it's because of dual-vocals. 

I have the opposite problem; I can barely distinguish Die's vocals from Koba's. Sure he doesn't sound exactly the same as he does in THE NOVEMBERS, but he's clearly the most prominent voice in the song. Are we sure that Die isn't the "guest vocalist" here? :P

Anyway, I didn't have enough confidence to say what I expected this project to sound like, but I did have "super radio-friendly alt-rock" down as a possibility. Admittedly I didn't expected it to turn out as radio-friendly as it did, but oh well. I kind of understand what they mean by "live-oriented" now too; this is the type of thing that I could enjoy in a live setting but probably wont listen to very much otherwise.

As Stallion already mentioned it, Die's "staple style" is clearly audible in the midst of well, "radio-friendly" antics as you guys would put it (FUNKY playing!).

I am pretty optimist about the fact that they will have a lot more to showcase, their drummer already gave a sneak peek thru his twitter on collabs with Koba and the fact that they will defo stay much longer together than you think...

also:

LANDING SLOW EVER

:lolita_lol:

PS. just let the man have his fun for once - it's really refreshing to see someone from DEG pulling out some "upbeat" stuff unlike colleagues (Kaoru/Kyo) with hella "moodier" sets.

Borderline robotic voices, ugly guitar sounds, muddled mess of hideous layers, these are not the soundscapes I enjoy. At some point they thought it was cool to go for a guitar tune equivalent to maintenance work on machines or something. That's the association I make when I hear those guitars. What the fuck is this really?

So much for this DECAYS garbage, I'm out.

I also can't really tell if Die is singing as all I hear is Koba.

It sounds like Karma era Mucc to me  - which for me is very meh.

I'm glad I heard it, but don't feel any hype over it.  I'll spin the releases to see if it connects then, but thus far it is just OK.

So listening to it one last time I think Kobayashi may have changed his voice to harmonize better with Die because listening to it you can hear 2 people's voices but they do sound very similar, but anyway thats my opinion.

I think the song is really great and the song melody actually reminds me of something Ling toshite would do. kind of a + in my book. Can't wait to hear more!

This should be called lens flare rock. All I heard were a bunch of fads that are not really that pretty or interesting. Just like lens flares.

The clip also uses tons of fake lens flare, but I totally did not pick the idea from that. I was just thinking about... soundscapes.

This sounds like Truth-era Sugizo and I'm ok with that. It's surprising to hear something bright and light from a DEG member in contrast to the dense and dim usual stuff. It's a nice start point and a refresher from the almost anti-commercial path DEG was on until recently.

For people who haven't heard it yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm5SONXn_j4

I'm just waiting for an album release now. Or maybe at least a mini.

I admit with a name like "DECAYS" I was expecting something more dark and ominous. 

But I can dig this.

29113e2ee441d31f5bf260b61e0b1d0f.jpgDie

I was expecting something a little darker too but I guess like everything the songs he creates could be his interpretation of decay. Some people find the light in dark things :P

i guess the PV gave it away

no dark eyeliner = happy sunshine fun tunes

bring BACK the eyeliner 4 moody music plz

!!!!!

srsly though actually watching the PV i think die's voice is pleasant and the next releases gotta bring it out more, but listening to it for the second time was even worse than the first this is so sad

Die better convince Tooru and Kaoru to do a remake of Yurameki on their next single. Yurameki *Yokan (same difference)* mode. Bring back the happy.