sai

Bullying topic

Thought this fit in here. I'm sure multiple of us have been bullied before, and even though it's 3 years ago the bullying stopped, it still rests on my shoulders. I thought maybe we could share our experienes with being bullied and help eachother, because I don't know if I'm the only one still having trouble with it. It really fucked up my social skills, that's for sure...

Talk to your heart's content, and if you think this topic is stupid and that we're a bunch of losers for being bullied I would like to ask you not to reply in this topic. :butwry:

I haven't taken part in, or been a victim of bullying thankfully but I did participate in a kind of street performance/art that highlights the issue of school violence (or any kind of violence/abuse towards children, either by other children or by adults). A feminist theatre group called Guerrila Girls On Tour was invited to our university, and we did a sort of workshop with them in groups, and my group chose the topic of bullying/child abuse.

We basically made a hopscotch game onto a big white sheet, and we wrote different degrees of bullying onto each of the squares. We then went out into the street and encouraged people to play it. Wherever they threw the stone, they had to talk about that particular issue, like if they experienced it, or what can the solution be.

I don't think we changed much, but at least we got some people's attention and raised some awareness. You can see a pic of our stuff here (first photo) and a bit of video

Sorry about the super-long post! ^^" I just thought this was a good thing, and would be relevant.

For me it's the same: since I started highschool, I've never been bullied anymore.

But a little during elementary school and a lot in middle school. In elementary school, I was 1-2 kilos overweight, so girls in my school always called me "cicciona" (italian not polite way to say plumb). Then, at middle school, I started lose weight... until I became 8 kilos underweight. So, in the first year of middle school, people called me "skeleton, ugly dark bitch" and so on. In the second year, since I finally started to remain in a wise weight, they started called me "cesso" (= WC :°D). Then, during volleyball, a girl made me fall and I broke my nose. That girl hated me. I don't think it was an accident. Luckily, my nose didn't change shape, but it hurted a lot. In the end of second year and during all the third one, since I started listening visual rock, they started called me "guy with little penis chun chun music" obsessed. But in november, this problem was solved. But... then? ANOTHER ONE STARTED! A new girl in my school arrived. This girl, really ugly, fat and acid, started to say HORRIBLE things about me 'cause I was one of the best student of the whole school and that I was more beautiful than her (that's what people told me). Then, she wrote a sort of Death Note diary with modalities of how to kill me. I stole this diary and bring it to the headmaster. She has been called by him, and when this happened, she made me fall. Then I give her a fist to defense. So, in the end, she has been suspended. I havent' 'cause I give her a fist for not being punched more by her. So, since 2007 christmas, luckily all that bullism-stuff, finally ended. But it still hurts. I have no self-esteem and I always need compliments/staying with guys who like me to feel myself good. I hope that this problem with myself will be solved too.

Luckily in highschool I found lots of friends who I made more interested in manga, and I introduced visual rock to some of them, and a few of them even listen to it right now! so I am satisfied with my current position with schoolmates. Sure, some people still hates me (especially super rich bitch), but they actually hate everyone, so it's not a problem of mine, and now I know how to make understand that they shouldn't treat me like that, because I know what reply to them :mrgreen:

I've been bullied for about 2 years in 2 different schools. It was from my last year of junior high until my first year of high school.

Yeah, I'm one of the bullied too.

Elementary school was worst of it, and well... I'm not that comfortable about talking it, so let's say that it was kind of "hardcore bullying". Then in middle school there were still some bullying, but it left me "deep scars", so I can't talk that much freely in class. I know that I'm happy person, but sometimes my conscience gets too high, and I can't say no. So many people "uses" me. Okay, in my mind I'm ready to say almost everything, but when I have to DO it... I just freeze, and I think that I violate someone's feelings. (Yeah, I know that they hurt mine too, but I'm that kinf of person, who thinks everyones feelings, and stress about others problems and so on.)

But now that I came to business school, things look really good! Everyone _wants to do something, and everyone has something in common. I actually think that this helps me a lot, and it's already helped some.

(Now I know how someone who I know irl, will say that I'm not shy :DDDDDD)

When I read your stories, it's even more worse than that mine...

My schoolmates hated me in the elementary school and I even didn't release it was some bullying but now I know it was... I had some male friends but only out of school - they went to the same school - than, our school had to move to another and I lose them, just boys, what else to say - they felt ashamed of me. (1-3rd grade).... after the moving it was even worse - They behaved like friends but then they kept humiliating me, they were talking nasty things to me, and worst thing is that our teacher was like this too. Than we moved (because of my family problemes - that affected me too, since my childhood) and I started go to 8th grade, it wasn't that bad like the previous school, but for me it wasn't easy either. Since high school I can say a have a few though, but very good friends. And I'm not bullied anymore I don't let anyone to do it. My schoolmates are fine :)

I'll admit I was bullied before. The first time I encountered any sort of bullying was in fourth grade. I remember walking to class and these two girls and a boy walk up to me, the two girls grabbed my arms and pulled them around a tree which was incredibly painful. Then the boy began to punch me in the stomach and kick me in the groin. After two minutes of that, the bell to go to class rang, the girls and boy ran off and I just lay there where he beat me. I managed to get up despite the excruciating pain and just sat outside of class. The teacher then came outside to ask me why I was crying and I told him what had happened. He helped me to the nurse's office and sent the three bullies to the disciplinary office; they were suspended for one day. Apparently, they beat me up because I got a better grade than they did on the previous week's quiz.

Three days passed and the boy apologized he then asked if he could be my friend, I accepted. We ended up being "best-friends" throughout fourth grade.

And of course there has been constant "verbal bullying" (if that's what you want to call it) throughout my middle school, and high school years, because of my sexuality and image. I could care less though, I'm adult enough to turn away from petty situations like that.

I've been bullied a lot in the past and I think there may be something wrong with me, but I have no idea what exactly. Why do I think so? I've been bullied in the kindergarten, then in my 2nd year of primary school, so I moved to a different class, but it was much worse there. I've made a friend though and we both moved to a different school one year later. The class wasn't nice to me though and they were bullying me again, they turned my friend against me... two years later I moved to another school, but the same thing has happened... but I've also made a friend, who was bullied and sometimes I managed to talk to others too, without them acting strange at me.

High school wasn't that bad, but I've started to avoid people, that's why probably. I didn't talk much with them. I experienced a bit of bullying of two girls from a different class on the school trip, but I didn't meet them often, so I just tried to ignore it. Well, actually a bullied person can't do anything else, just to ignore it. Fighting only makes it worse. Telling the teachers doesn't help at all...

Nowadays I just don't trust any people, I suspect everyone of thinking bad stuff about me and when they're nice, I'm nice too, but I'm always afraid it may be fake or when it isn't fake, it may end soon and that person will stop contacting me eventually. Sometimes I really can't tell when people tell me the truth or lie.

I also really don't know how to make friends. Everything ends a few weeks, months or years. I know I should meet someone new, but people seem to be so busy and never have time to meet, so I just give up, I don't want to bother them. My self-esteem is sometimes really low...

Don't worry Anomie. That sounds like me.

Not to piss in everyone else's cornflakes but I've been bullied a lot growing up too.

Mine was different though, since I was bullied at home, at summer camp and at school. I could never get away from it. At school, I was always the kid at the top of my class because I could go to class, take no notes and get perfect grades on everything. Classmates hated me for it. They'd trip me, push me down the stairs, isolate me at lunch. I'd have no people to play with when it came time to go outside and go to recess and since I was stuck there until 6:30 every day I had to deal with people's shit for 12 hours a day. Of course there were exceptional circumstances but I'll spare you all the details. This is no sob story damnit!

It never ended there though. My mom would be pissed off because of her poor life decisions and viewed me as the object of all of her troubles. I would get picked up from school and then enter another world of hell. I would get hit a lot, spit on, screeched at, sent to bed with no food - basically anything that you would tell yourself NOT to do happened to me. Looking back I don't know which one was worse but I don't know how I didn't kill myself. That shit was horrible. I don't remember this myself (actually, everything that I know about my childhood I've been told over the last three years because I can't remember anything before 4th grade. I think I've subconsciously suppressed it all) but once I got hit so badly there were marks all over my body and the school wanted to call the cops to take me away. I really do think the teachers at my elementary school felt bad for me because they always treated me extra special and they wanted to push me through the grades as fast as possible (so I would be independent sooner). The other kids didn't understand that though and they interpreted it as gaining preferential treatment, so they just bullied me more. They made it worse =\.

The only friends I have (that live around me) today are all the ones I made through summer camp. For some reason, the camp I went to attracted tons of kids like myself. We were all weirdoes that didn't have friends anywhere else and we all got placed together in the same group. We had a love for Japanese anime, cartoons, video games. It was the perfect combination of friends that you could ask for. Of course this was a SUMMER CAMP so there was lots of physical activity going on so it was always stratified between the cool obnoxious assholes and us. That wasn't too bad though since there were more of us, so we could stick together and stick up for one another.

Camp was the place where I learned to grow some balls and I remember fourth grade because I went back to school and people started trying to bully me like usual. Got into a lot of fights that year but I'd always get away with it. Don't know why really. After a while when they realized I wasn't taking anyone's shit anymore they started backing off. I stopped getting bullied but I didn't have any friends either. It stayed that way until I graduated. At around the same time, my mom got re-married to some doucher that distracted her long enough to leave me alone.

Then I went to high school and purposefully isolated myself. I was the genius kid that made no friends. Of course, people interpreted that as me being high and mighty with my smarts but honestly I didn't want to deal with other people because I didn't know how. I made some new friends in high school that I still talk to today so somewhere in there I learned how to deal with other people but I was still bullied in high school. Or rather, people attempted to.

I eventually learned from years of summer camp that the best way to deal with a bully is to beat the living shit out of them over and over again. If they have to bring back friends for round two, you beat them down too.

These days I'm in college and no one has time to bully anyone else so I don't have to worry about that anymore. Reason why I decided to share is because there's probably a reason why I went through all that and someone needs to know bullying is not OK.

well, i said it somewhere i got some slushies up my face one for being too nice with the freshers at school.

Maybe to my fellow seniors, i look like pretending to be a saint,

but i don't mind that, i just don't like the idea how freshers must get some hell in their new school just like the way they were treated when they were freshers.

New students suppose to feel comfort not being bullied.

That so ridiculous and i against that.

But just that one time.

I talked to them and they seem to respect my opinion

The rest of my school days were cool

when i was a fresher myself, i just trying to be as humble as possible whilst standing still to what i believe in and i went that phase sucessfully. Not even one bruise.

I was quite lucky, i guess, school in Asia were more tame than in the U.S. If anything, it's more solidarity.

Easier to talk with and when they're wrong, they'll admit it

and stop doing the things they did than making excuses.

Maybe that's one reason my Dad against the idea to go back until i graduate, aside of his job of course.

I got the good ol' bully treatment at home. No where else really.

School was a retreat compared to home for me. My dad was extremely stressed all the time at work and 99.9% of the time he would bring that stress home and project it onto me not to mention he was a stubborn, "I'm never wrong and if you think I am I'll beat it out of you" type of person. I got a ton of verbal abuse and some physical but thankfully I grew taller than him and he knew that eventually I would retaliate but I never did cause I'm not that kind of person. But I had some pretty emotionally crippling moments with him. Usually the abusive things he did were not that bad. I do remember this one time I bought Pokemon cards from a convenience store with money I was supposed to use for a new agenda and he saw the receipt from the store and he waited behind the door for me to come home after he found out and he pretty much ambushed me and smacked me in the back of the head and push me against the wall, screaming and yelling profanities and stuff.

We've both let bigons be bigons and we get along alot better now that I've moved, I invited him to FanExpo as a VIP when I was volunteering there and he's usually the first person I go see when I take a trip back to my old town.

As for school,

I was a fatter kid back then (I ain't small now, but still) and I rarely ever got insulted by anyone other than that one kid who thinks he's king of the monkey bars who tries to show dominance by insulting everyone he pleases. I was pretty good in the friendship department mainly because I was really open to making friends back then and I didn't care who sat with me or who I sat with at lunch or whatever, now I think humanity is a waste and we're all completely full of shit.

I got in a few fights when I was the "new kid" but that's because most of the kids who wanted to start shit were hyper-cunts and total spazzes who had nothing better to do. Actually, I am really good friends with one of the guys I fought with.

only was once in junior high when i was in 6th grade. 3 guys bullying me, but then i told my parents and the principal and stuff. Then it stopped and they became my friends. Since then i have not been bullied. Tho in 7th grade 4 girls started to bully me out of nowhere. I was like why mean, and girls even. Then i became friends of 8th graders and 8th graders actually took care of them. Then those girls became my friends, during 8th grade there were no problems what so ever. It was actually fun and peaceful and i was the one who bullied some aholes. In high nothing at all, everything was nice and smooth.

tl;dr

I don't remember much about being bullied at school, although I know I was and that I hated it so much I would skip classes with the people I used to find particularly intimidating to hide in the girl's bathrooms. Often times I would avoid going to school altogether, I was simply too afraid to deal with being picked on. I make an easy target because in spite of my height, I'm relatively thin and gangly, geeky and quiet. I know I had things thrown at me (chewing gum in my hair, food at a suede coat). I was called names, shoved around. A lot of it was due to my family's nomadic tendencies. My parents could never settle down and we were never in a city or a town for more than a year and I've moved all over Europe, never fit in.

One thing I don't think I will ever overcome, though, is my dad. He's an extremely strict man - he's enormous, over 6ft he towers over even me. He's spoilt, misogynistic and brash and can never do wrong. He has this booming Scottish drawl that frightens when he shouts. I was only ever yelled at or hit with a belt when my mum wasn't home, she was usually there to take the brunt of it. But when she eventually left, I became the oldest and most accessible woman for him to bully, so he was always running me down, telling me how much of a mistake I was, how he wished he only had my brother and that my sister and I should get lost. He'd ignore me constantly until he wanted to yell at someone. Most recently he used my name and got me in thousands of pounds worth of debt, the stress from that is the only thing I have ever wanted to comitt suicide over. But I've always been too scared to go to the police to tell them it wasn't me because it's been burned into my mind from such an early age that I am not allowed to defy him. :\

I don't live with him anymore but he still has some impact on my life because he's so close by. I won't be truly free until I move to another city and he never finds out where I am.

Edited by SUBLIMINAL

A lot of it was due to my family's nomadic tendencies. My parents could never settle down and we were never in a city or a town for more than a year and I've moved all over Europe, never fit in.

That sounds exactly like me. I've been obliged to leave my friends behind and go through the whole "making friends" stage for millions of times in at least 7 different schools /:

i've been there done that as well. Around Asia.

As a son of a man who was working in Navy,

that's pretty much a part of the duty itself, being nomad.

i was bullied 1st-2nd year of my high school life.

during my 1st year of high school, i was ignorant back then that he was going to shoot me with a candle gun

i was ridiculed to follow his others, everyone was :| because everyone was afraid of him except for few that includes my companion until my first college.

during the second year, another one bullied me punching me, kicking me but i fought back (were friends now)

though in my 1st~2nd years of my college i have never been bullied or get angry there were :|

even girls have huge power that if they combined their powers they could harm your social life, through gossips, boys do the same too in crazy manner

thats the reason why i am in equal ALWAYS! to both sexes. (though the high school bullying still affects me through dreams and of course the people who i like but have :| feelings)

EDIT: i also been ridiculed in first grade due to the fact i poo in the classroom

The first time I had a bully was when I switched elementary schools in the third grade. That was when I first started to change from the person I was in those early years. My bully actually recently added me on facebook (all of them do actually), now she's really fat (she used to call me fat all the time back then, karma = a bitch) and some super religious, nutter chick. My other bully was formerly one of my best friends then she took to being a real asshole and these days she's your typical hoodrat and baby mama...just sayin'.

Then in middle school was the last time I got bullied. The first year everyone was friends with everyone for the most part but after 6th grade, apparently I wasn't enough of a walking stereotype to fit in. =) So those were some fun years. I actually couldn't call it bullying in the sense that it was physical or that any of them had the guts to say shit to my face but pretty much people who I thought were friends and other miscellaneous jealous hags who weren't really apt at anything other than eventually becoming somebodies baby mama (seriously like 9/10 of them are babies mommas now or someone's jump off, FB is fun place to revel in karma, just sayin') would say a ton of crap behind my back. This time probably solidified me being the person I am today.

After middle school, I went to a much more diverse school. Where I met some cool people with actual personalities and while I suppose most people have horror stories of high school, that was probably my best time in school. (granted I also wasn't all about high school either so maybe that's why I avoided all that drama)

I like to think it's made me stronger, because if I'm bullied today or I see anyone else being attacked, I'll stand up for them. I don't care what people think about me now, but I did to the point of depression back then.

that's the same for me.

Unfortunately, I've been bullied as well, who hasn't? :(

I was in a very stupid class in intermediate stage, they just gave me comments. I'm glad all of them are LOSERS today having ugly babies, (one of the girls tried to add me on Facebook, I was like "No thanks bitch!") one of the guys are murdered and it satisfied me even if I don't want to admit it. But the worst happened in highschool (Högstadium in Swedish).. my class was one of the best classes I ever been to, but there were idiots on that school that bullyed people, some stupid hick started ugly rumours about me all over the school and if I met them in the corridor they spit after me and one time they pushed me into the locker. I told my teacher about it and these bitches got pwned big time :)

However, in Senior High School (Gymnasiet) everything was wonderful! No idiots and I graduated with BEST final grades!

If I ever get kids in the future I will definitely put them on independent schools instead of stupid low-quality public schools!

One thing for sure is that these bullying has resulted in I can't trust people, I also try to avoid people as well (but I'm not unsociable)

I mostly was verbally abused throughout 5th through 7th or 9th grade. I moved to a new school in 5th grade, and I always had short hair, then in 6th grade I shaved about all of it off and had a chelsea cut. I had let it grown out a bit and then shaved it into a mohawk. All that time I was always called dyke, carpet muncher, all those wonderful derogatory things.

I think at the beginning of my tenth grade year some girl attacked me in the bathroom of all places, for what reason I have no idea. I don't remember ever doing her any wrong, we used to be friends and just grew apart I guess. Anyways, she was suspended for a week and I got 2 weeks because I "attacked her", which is total bullshit. The assistant principle at my school really hated me. Bitch lied, and he believed her because I broke her nose from slamming her face into the wall after she broke the mirror with my head.

That's really the worst of the bullying I got for not looking like a normal girl, which is illogical. I think after that attack, people left me alone because they were afraid of me or something. After that the only thing was, I got expelled from public school and then someone started a rumor that I dropped out because I was pregnant. I thought that was hilarious though so it doesn't really count.

to share feelings and to support each other.

no one that could appreciate bullying victims other than another victims.

Also to let out some burdens, you know.

no one wants to hear our experiences,

or for some who ignorant knows it as "complains"

i used to be bullied when i was in elementary school this girl and other people

would always mess with me...i still hate the bitch today... i hope everyone who picked me

get hit by a bus... =__=;

wow, read some very interesting stories.

@sebbivism: wow dude. yeah i feel the same way, i really dont trust ppl at all, even if they think im very friendly and nice and all.

@maki.filth: thats crazy, thats all bull what they did to you. I had a friend once who made believe he was crazy to make ppl get away from him and be scared. He became my friend cuz i was the only one who actually treated him nicely and he told me that himself. Teachers were also scared of him cuz they thought he might stab him or something and get blamed for making him cry.

@iidesu: have you ever been bullied, i bet you have and are the bully after.

@BloodRoses: lol, hope your wish comes true.

I was tricked into drinking bleach, slammed up against a wall by my kindergarten teacher, had death threats made against me, I've been ridiculed, publicly mocked, told that I was going to die alone, had a girl lead me on for a year, threatened, harassed... But I've become stronger because of it.