CAT5

Does anyone still use soulseek?

Does anyone still use this program? I was thinking about starting up a room for MH so ppl could freely leech from my collection, (and hopefully share their own music as well), but is there any interest in this? If so, let me know!

I've never used soulseek at all. I wouldn't mind trying it out though. If I do start using it (and get the hang of it), maybe I can contribute and share some of my own stuff, too.

I don't use it anymore nor did I really use it that much before when i was on it, but I would be up to give it another whirl if you decide to create a MH room

I used to love soulseek. I haven't used it recently, but if lots of people with Japanese music in their collections are going to be using it I might have to start again.

It's my number 1 sauce 4 ethnographic compilations and techno so the answer is a definite yes. There does in all probability exist a better place on the web to get all those things, but for someone not on the inside or the know in particular it is the premier destination. It is pretty rare for me to not find what I was looking for there and when that happens I already knew well enough to expect it. 

Cool, cool. I'm glad to see a few ppl interested. As soon as I get my music organized, then I'll set an MH room.

It's my number 1 sauce 4 ethnographic compilations and techno so the answer is a definite yes. There does in all probability exist a better place on the web to get all those things, but for someone not on the inside or the know in particular it is the premier destination. It is pretty rare for me to not find what I was looking for there and when that happens I already knew well enough to expect it.

I think this blog posts techno stuff, I'm not quite sure tho: http://nodata.tv/

But yeah, slsk is probably your best best. I have no idea if what.cd is good for those areas of music. Maybe there are also some obscure blogspots out there too, but I wouldn't know where to point you.

I might be curious to try it out if I can peep people's collections at will, though.

That's the main thing that I really liked about it. If I found one song by an artist I was interested in, then I could look through that person's entire collection of that artist's music and pick out any tracks I was missing. 

It's really awesome if you're looking for something specific. 

I still get on sometimes but I didn't use it much, only when I had to download old western indies stuff which were hard to find on sites but lots in slsk.

That's the main thing that I really liked about it. If I found one song by an artist I was interested in, then I could look through that person's entire collection of that artist's music and pick out any tracks I was missing.

It's really awesome if you're looking for something specific.

Sounds super useful when you know a user has similar taste as you do. But I have zero knowledge of what soulseek actually is. Is it a torrent?

^it's kind of like limewire, kazaa, etc, but with a bit more of a community feel, since you can join chat rooms based on things like genre and nationality that show you which users might have the type of music you're interested in.

You can also just search for an artist or title and browse all the files shared by the user you're downloading from

Ahhh awesome. I guess I'll be spending this weekend figuring out to get myself set up. Thanks!

Let me know if you need any help. It might take me a good while to get my files organized, though

Let me know if you need any help. It might take me a good while to get my files organized, though

Thanks! I'll download it sometime over the weekend and start poking around. I'm sure I'll have a good question or 5. lol.

Wow, I've been always using the old slsk ns and realized they did lots of improvements on the program. can even search in japanese now, unlike before. cool.

I forgot all about this program; they did a huge upgrade!

I may start using it a bit more often to share things I haven't (read: forgot to) uploaded here yet.