Sign in to follow this  
Ro plz

SADIE-VOYAGE

SADIE, since COLD BLOOD has been on a nonstop trail of hit or miss. Its either their music is too blatantly Dir en grey influenced or lifeless and repetitive. I was one of the many few who enjoyed GANGSTA for what it was  because it was a release that i felt strayed away from those cancerous attributes. With the announcement of their hiatus, they've dropped VOYAGE. I went in skeptical because often time when SADIE releases something that I deem listenable, they follow up with something terrible....This was NOT The case here. Lemme break it down.

Voyage: Starts off with an intro that gives off a farewell vibe and throughout the entirety of the song, this vibe is present even when there's the breakdown that meshes extremely well and does not take away from the feel. Mao's vocals for some reason is just amazing. I'll even dare to say this is the best he's sounded. Same can be said for the other members as well, especially Tsurugi and Mizuki who's guitar work shines. They clearly pulled no punches. AND GOT DAMN, My nigga....THAT SOLO. Anyways....The way the track fades out with Mao singing "la la la la" is so fitting....like, i wouldn't be surprised if they ended their final show with this song and the fans sang along while bawling their eyes out. Simply amazing.

10/10

Call of Pain: When this started, i thought it would be another filler B-side song along the lines of Setugekka but boy was i wrong. If anything this is a better, more thought out and creative version of those songs. To me It carries on the same Farewell vibe as Voyage but just in a different format but its still well done. I tend to often ignore SADIE b-sides but this is one where I will actually go back and listen to. Well done! 8.10

End Of The World: DAWG, THIS JUST HITS YOU IN THE FACE with that RAW SADIE goodness. Its heavy but it also does a great job at making you feel like the the title of the song. I could picture this playing as a soundtrack to some apocalypse type move. ALSO that breakdown......I have no words. Just my favorite reaction: 1408.gif I really can't say much more about this track. Its just killer. EASILY My favorite song out of the whole release. They saved the best for last, which is brilliant.

20/10

Overall, SADIE's VOYAGE is one of the best send offs before a hiatus, i've ever heard. From start to finish this single oozes of pure, fresh originality and is hella rockin. THIS is the SADIE that i missed since COLD BLOOD. For anyone who bad talked the band, VOYAGE is them making a statement with their middle fingers raised high. I wish them the absolute best and hope they come back stronger with a clear direction for their music (for once). Best release of 2015 so far. I can already tell I'm gonna be listening to this more than my other current fav releases this year. 

Sign in to follow this