Sign in to follow this  
Peace Heavy mk II

Last.fm Question

What would happen if someone pretended to be a record label and uploaded tracks to a visual-indies band's page? How much trouble would they get in, even if it was for a band that no one heard of when they were around?

Also, is there a way to upload album information without being a label or adding songs to the radio?

1) I assume if they ever found out that you were impersonating a record company they'd outright IP ban you and delete your profile. From their perspective I don't think they want a lawsuit thrown their way because someone decided to be a record company and offer all of an artist's tracks for free through their service. Then again, I also don't think it's that easy to impersonate a record label. There's probably lots of paperwork involved and any random person can't just do it without a lot of spare time and effort.

2) If you mean add the tracks and proper times for an album, no. It's rather infuriating since the record companies don't get it right and don't give a shit. Then again, the shitstorms that stem over how to tag PERESTROIKA makes me glad we don't have that option. Too many people would fuck it up.

i believe you have to sign your record label information to last:fm team and they will mail you back for activation code before you can run for a page of some artists.

I tried to sign myself as label before so i can upload some album images but i cancelled it cos i think it's not worth the effort :P

Lame :( I was looking more to add album art / song titles than actually distribute music. /Oh well...

Album art you can do. To go to the album of an artist you can enter it right in your address bar. I'm going to use lynch. as an example. If you want to add album artwork for THE AVOIDED SUN for example, you just go here:

http://www.last.fm/music/lynch./THE+AVOIDED+SUN

Most follow that format. If there's no album artwork there you'll see an option to upload album artwork. Get a nice, big picture and upload it and you're done.

Titles are a bit trickier. If you're wanting to correct capitalization just request the staff to do it. Most of the time, unless they have a reason not to they'll do it. They can't add, delete or correct titles though so if you have an obvious mistake like Black:List's griefj track there's no fixing that. All you can do is correct the wrong tags to scrobble to the right ones.

Even that's abused though since people can't come to a consensus on how to communally tag things <____>

They can't add, delete or correct titles though so if you have an obvious mistake like Black:List's griefj track there's no fixing that. All you can do is correct the wrong tags to scrobble to the right ones.

The best you can do in this situation is suggest a correction. The only problem with this, is that you need who-knows-how-many people to suggest a correction for the system to re-direct the incorrect tag to the correct one.

EDIT: Jeez, so much for correction... :roll: I spelled "and" wrong on the image I linked.

The corrections thing is really only useful for you if have Auto-correct enabled in your setting. (Which I don't, because I don't want other people dictate what tags I should be using.) So, if a lot of people say that Girugämesh should be tagged Girugamesh, then the system will set it as default, and redirect your scrobbles to that page, if you have Auto-correct enabled. But if you don't, your stuff will still scrobble as Girugämesh.

I also doubt that different song spellings will be merged. People just get re-directed to the "right" tag. Which means, all the different spellings will still appear in the charts as well.

Most of people can't do anything with it. The scrobbler messes it. This did to me too. Just some artist and completely different song that is by some else artist from your library and the same with albums. Then I switched to foobar2000 with audioscrobbler and problem has solved...

And what about this one :D

pedo

someone hacked it or something :D

That doesn't make the album show up on the band's main page though...is there no way to do that?
I don't think so, you just need to be a label to do that :(

Sign in to follow this