Jump to content
Zeus

Single People Thread

Recommended Posts

isn't being single like, about going to dates and doing whatever you want? since when has singleness been about some defiant stance against going out.

 

i'm still having fun on tinder because I don't care what happens. I don't think about this stuff at all and I'm enjoying life

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2017 at 0:27 AM, Disposable said:

since when has singleness been about some defiant stance against going out.

 

dont let any neet weeaboos hear u say that or they might start writing callout posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm starting to see a pattern here. Every time I really(like really) fall for a girl, they turn out to be gay in the end D: This has happened already with like 3 of the biggest crushes I've had in past few years. Also a girl I dated for a while some time ago (who I wasn't really that much into) said she's usually more into girls too lol. And yeah, I'm a guy so that's a little bit problematic : /

Edited by orange~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been single over a year for the first time really in five years and it's kind of been pretty lonely but also much prefer it this way. My last two relationships were complete mind f*ckery, especially the last relationship and I've had to do a lot of rebuilding myself as a person because I completely lost my personal identity. What's worse is my last ex was a life coach/gives people advice on relationship building and has made himself rich off that but completely destroys the women he has dated. Anyway.. lol

 

I use tinder but I've never gone on a date. I met one person off of tinder but we never dated and instead became really good friends. I live pretty rural and almost only use it when I go to cities or bigger towns. I think a lot of the people I match with think of me as some kind of manic pixie dream girl and when they find out I'm a real person (which is pretty effin' quick) they scurry off. Even the person I've made friends with from there admitted at first they kind of saw me as a mpdg. 

 

I'm not really interested in dating long-term currently unless I meet someone special. I'm planning to go solo traveling and attempt farming in Japan, maybe South Korea. I've been on a waitlist to teach in Japan the past two years and reapplying again this year but if I end up alternated again I am going back to school next fall. Until then, I'll still be in the middle of nowhere. But learning to really enjoy my time alone and healing from the damage of past relationships. I was with someone who tried to get me to give up my dreams for them and I could never subject myself to that sort of treatment again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't really minded being single since I hate people and am much more of a loner anyway. However, I've noticed that more than ever, I'm longing for a relationship ;w; I remember when I used to crush out on my friends, but thankfully nothing escalated beyond that, and that was all cuz they were giving me the attention I craved. Now that I'm in my 20s, - I'm just gonna say it like this - I really want to live my own life and not have to worry about what others think. I wanna be a teenager again and do the things that I never really had a chance to do before. Experimenting sounds fun, but of course, the rational side of me believes that a real relationship takes time and that experimentation is quite costly healthwise. Besides that, it really sucks that I'm not really into the girls in my area since they're either straight, or cringey anime weeaboos, or they're totally not my type at all.

 

Basically, being alone kinda sucks now and I really can't picture being on my own without someone with me ;w;

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never dated, never kissed, hugged or even held hands with anyone. Lately I've been thinking though that it would be nice to be in a relationship, to have someone you'd really love and who would love you back. Someone you could trust, someone you could think about the future with, someone you could, well, cuddle and make out with. However, there's just one little problem about it, I guess. I just really don't know whether I actually like guys or girls. Or if I like both. Or if I like neither. I don't really know how it's even possible not to know, but I just can't remember that I would've ever had an actual crush on anyone.  I do find some guys and some girls "aesthetically attractive" but that's pretty much it, I never feel anything more towards them. Though I'd really want to. I'd really want a relationship but it's a bit hard to search for one if I never get that interested in anyone. It's really weird.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 0:47 PM, chocobuzz said:

I've never dated, never kissed, hugged or even held hands with anyone. Lately I've been thinking though that it would be nice to be in a relationship, to have someone you'd really love and who would love you back. Someone you could trust, someone you could think about the future with, someone you could, well, cuddle and make out with. However, there's just one little problem about it, I guess. I just really don't know whether I actually like guys or girls. Or if I like both. Or if I like neither. I don't really know how it's even possible not to know, but I just can't remember that I would've ever had an actual crush on anyone.  I do find some guys and some girls "aesthetically attractive" but that's pretty much it, I never feel anything more towards them. Though I'd really want to. I'd really want a relationship but it's a bit hard to search for one if I never get that interested in anyone. It's really weird.

Do you think that you might possibly be asexual? I don't think it's weird at all, I've had quite a few close friends who feel the same as you do and they are often frustrated by it. I'm possibly ace myself but I experience romantic attraction. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, jiji94 said:

Do you think that you might possibly be asexual? I don't think it's weird at all, I've had quite a few close friends who feel the same as you do and they are often frustrated by it. I'm possibly ace myself but I experience romantic attraction. 

I guess that could be a possibility. I've looked a little into it and it does seem quite fitting for my situation, though I'm still not sure how comfortable I feel with that. I know there's nothing wrong with being asexual, but it just somehow feels a bit hard to accept.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, chocobuzz said:

I guess that could be a possibility. I've looked a little into it and it does seem quite fitting for my situation, though I'm still not sure how comfortable I feel with that. I know there's nothing wrong with being asexual, but it just somehow feels a bit hard to accept.

 I totally get that. Some of my friends who have talked to me openly about being asexual also had a hard time accepting it. 

 

I'm still on the fence on whether I am but I think it's pretty clear I am to an extent, but don't feel the need to label myself. But it's good to at least know because of personal circumstances I've been in and people not understanding. I had an ex constantly tell me he thought I was and it was pretty hurtful how he went about doing so. It's also taken me a long time to accept I ain't yer average heteronormative straight kid, and then further complicated by the fact I don't feel sexual attraction very often if at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've given up on relationships for the most part. I'd much rather use my single time for casual dates, maybe play the field a bit while I can.

Apart from that, I haven't dated anyone since a little over a year ago mainly because I tend to have a shitty taste in dudes. Most of the guys I've dated or even found attractive, period, have turned out to be assholes, and most of those times I've either failed to pick up on that or refused to acknowledge it.

That and because most if not all of the dudes that become interested in me seem to think of me as a manic pixie dream girl. :/ It's depressing because I can hardly make/keep male friends without them catching feels.

Edited by Luca

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know how to get over a relationship that never happened. Always leaves me emotionally broken, unlike those fuckers who gave up on me. I fucking hate suffering being dumped while the other person has moved on and found someone new already.  I wish I didn't have a heart.

Edited by PsychoΔelica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the way ppl are. Sometimes 

I'm hooked on someone for a long time, but know we won't be together. So... We shouldn't think about it. But it doesn't occur.

Psychodelica, if there was no relationship - no  worries. It's only imagination and subiective interpretation, not facts.  It's difficult to admit this, but that's true. You should start searching nce again then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2017 at 2:35 PM, Nyasagi said:

I really wanted one, then in my experience it was more of a chore than pleasure. I don't know if relationships are worth it if they're so tiring.

OMG~ this is how I feel everyday. To the point where I actively avoid it now, just so I don't feel like I am on another job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...