Zeus

Single People Thread

Coming out of a 6 year relationship, I realize how much I need to be single now. I have a friend in a similar but less intense situation and he let his loneliness get to him after being with someone so long and now he is dating someone AWFUL. Like someone who is going to probably ruin this part of his life lol. Tried to help but he's totally in denial. It gets really bad and I understand, I just wish I knew someone for him to even meet but I stopped talking to most people because I kinda thought my own relationship was going to be... real? Not that any other would seem real to me now if I was trying lol

I'm not, but I expect someone who would actually consider a relationship with you might be.

Lol, Im brash and the girls i work around kinda like that  - though Its true you'd probably have to know me and my character first before it you can just laugh at what i say. Thats how my character is. though Im not always this 'impolite' like i said, its how you deliver the punchline that makes its offensive or non offensive. At the same time i dont act arrogant as fuck like i can get away with everything all the time but I know when to talk properly and who to talk properly to to avoid misunderstandings. 

Im hard to read as a person but whats life without a challenge?

Thats not to say that im completely oozing in self confidence but I know when to be a little more sensitive.  I dunno how to explain properly - Though if you think im a bit of a dick then fair enough. But you dont know me personally though (you'd might even say that you wouldnt even want to but thats your choice)

But i digress -

I am what i am. I am who I am 

Treating your partner like any common item surely won't improve your chances of having a relationship, just saying...

Depends if shes a submissive type. I know a few that actually get off on pleasing their partners, I admit i can be a bit of a bully, but someone needs to take the wheel for this kind of relationship but deep inside my heart is made of marshmellows and im as cuddly as a baby koala.

kind of desperately want a boyfriend to do cute romantic shit with

kind of dont want anyone dragging me down/wasting my time

Same here...but with a girl XD

Coming out of a 6 year relationship, I realize how much I need to be single now. I have a friend in a similar but less intense situation and he let his loneliness get to him after being with someone so long and now he is dating someone AWFUL. Like someone who is going to probably ruin this part of his life lol. Tried to help but he's totally in denial. It gets really bad and I understand, I just wish I knew someone for him to even meet but I stopped talking to most people because I kinda thought my own relationship was going to be... real? Not that any other would seem real to me now if I was trying lol

Are you me?! I was also in a 6 year relationship that I thought was the real thing...I guess not :/

Depends if shes a submissive type. I know a few that actually get off on pleasing their partners, I admit i can be a bit of a bully, but someone needs to take the wheel for this kind of relationship but deep inside my heart is made of marshmellows and im as cuddly as a baby koala.

Nothing is an excuse for saying offensive crap about a girl you date/would date. Just because she's submissive, it doesn't mean she doesn't deserve any respect. Don't call verbal abuse like that.

Are you offended?

I'm kinda am, though, I would call it "disgusted" not "offended. Because you talk about a potential female partner like a sexdoll that sometimes needs a little bit maintenance which you gladly do, but otherwise just functions like you want it to. You sound like someone who wants a girlfriend to make you feel better but god forbid she has an opinion.

[...] being able to have a snuggle when you get home is a bit like your mommy kissing your ouchies better when you were a kid, Its emotionally lifting, especially when you've had a rough day

When you're a kid your mum's life basically revolves around you. Your girlfriend show have her own life that revolves around her but includes you very closely.

[...] though Im not always this 'impolite' like i said, its how you deliver the punchline that makes its offensive or non offensive.

No, talking about punching a potential partner that's emotionally attached to you in the face is what makes it offensive.

Am I the only person who didn't read RoseOfHizaki's comment like this? I don't think he's trying to be offensive. I read it as tongue-in-cheek, rather than semi-misogynistic...

Am I the only person who didn't read RoseOfHizaki's comment like this? I don't think he's trying to be offensive. I read it as tongue-in-cheek, rather than semi-misogynistic...

It was written as a semi-joke (at least I hope so), but the reason someone would want to "joke" like that is imo the things that really bothers me. There shouldn't be anything funny in abusing your significant other verbally or physically. It just isn't something you can joke about, since it's a real issue that happens too often. Women are already treated badly enough, and hostile semi-misogynistic jokes don't make it any better.

EDIT//

Lol, Im brash and the girls i work around kinda like that  - though Its true you'd probably have to know me and my character first before it you can just laugh at what i say. Thats how my character is. though Im not always this 'impolite' like i said, its how you deliver the punchline that makes its offensive or non offensive. At the same time i dont act arrogant as fuck like i can get away with everything all the time but I know when to talk properly and who to talk properly to to avoid misunderstandings. 

Im hard to read as a person but whats life without a challenge?

Thats not to say that im completely oozing in self confidence but I know when to be a little more sensitive.  I dunno how to explain properly - Though if you think im a bit of a dick then fair enough. But you dont know me personally though (you'd might even say that you wouldnt even want to but thats your choice)

But i digress -

I am what i am. I am who I am 

Have you ever considered that the girls you work around pretend to like your "macho behavior", since they don't want to call you out on your bad and rude behavior and draw the attention to themselves?

Have you ever considered that you could probably make most of them feel really awkward?

Have you ever considered that the behavior you call "hehe, this is just me and I'm really funny!" might be just plain abusive?

Edited by paradoxal

It was written as a semi-joke (at least I hope so), but the reason someone would want to "joke" like that is imo the things that really bothers me. There shouldn't be anything funny in abusing your significant other verbally or physically. It just isn't something you can joke about, since it's a real issue that happens too often. Women are already treated badly enough, and hostile semi-misogynistic jokes don't make it any better.

I totally agree. It depends entirely on the person and their culture, however. Whilst I'm not condoning misogyny, I genuinely think this is just a misunderstanding. Unless I'm wrong, RoseOfHizaki and you're actually a turdbag? XD

Just stay single 5ever because then you don't have to think about harming anyone *____* physically or mentally. Wow we'd all be heroes and wouldn't even know it. 

Actually I have this constant battle of needing to be with someone or liking someone, but the thought of a relationship makes my stomach churn and my heart race in a not exciting butterflies in my stomach kind of way. Probably similar to runaway bride syndrome.

well.... too all who commented about my 'offensive' comment - Yes it was a joke. Secondly none of you know me well enough or at least personally to know how I really am around girls. I say a lot of tongue in cheek stuff but i would never consider physically abusing or verbally abusing a woman unless she really really really and i mean really deserved it, and when i say really - I mean a slap to put her in her place a little but thats really a last resort option, cuz lets face it everyone deserves a slap across the face some time and not just the females. But i absolutely detest domestic abuse and have stopped a guy hitting a woman in the street while on the way to work a few times. people get mad but theres no need to resort to violence.

Like i said - you dont know me enough to comment about who i am other than what i say on the forums and i have no need to justify my otherwise (possibly quirky) twisted or deadpan humor to any of you.

You dont know me, You dont know the people i work with and you dont know the people (or girls) that i chat to and thats all im going to say on this matter.

It's sad that you think that eventually resorting to violence is the solution to putting someone in their place. I hope no one will ever fall for you.

Violence is never the answer. With all of my problems, I've talked them out or the other person walked away for time to cool off.

Erm hmm.....*uncomfortably tries to change topic*

So, how's everyone's single life?

Mines been great. Just been workin and studying. I'm in Boston this week visiting my sister to help her move stuff from her dorm to storage for the summer. And to hang out and explore too.

Actually, I've been enjoying being single a lot these days because I have a lot of time to focus on building my career path.

My sister and I are pretty close and we care about and respect each other so I'd rather hang out with her anyways. Now it's just finding a girl like her so I can date! Or at least have an interest.

Where are people at in their desire to date? Are you just lookin for someone who you can spend a lot of time with but not necessarily your whole life with, or someone you'd eventually like to marry?

Me personally, I'm hunting myself a wifey. I already know what base qualities I want her to have so I don't feel the need to "explore." I'm not searching for perfection; I don't have a list that I check off, like, "Oh, she has 15/20 of the qualities I'm lookin for". I think the most important thing for me will be if she's willing to adapt to me. And me to her as well. I feel so many times people break up or divorce because the 2 people in the relationship don't want to change something for their partner. Obviously I'm generalizing. I want to meet someone who will make me grow in my character and stretch me in ways I never would have imagined. A balance of humility and wisdom putting it simply. Having similar interests is great and all, but I feel like that's what friends are for.

Side note, why is Dezert so good!?! Sorry, just got into them, listening to them right now, and I have to have a fan spasm.

On 5/11/2015 at 0:38 AM, LoserfaceinLove said:

I'm newly single. I don't know what the single life is about yet.

teach me, senpais?

Have fun on your own, for now.

On another note, who knew there were women with more stamina in bed than I could fathom lol.

Edited by YuyoDrift

2 minutes ago, doombox said:

Also still living the single life.  It's like the longer I'm single the more awkward I get and the less I know how to meet new people. Lol. Oh well~

Can't even remember the last time I was in a relationship, maybe like 6 years ago (LOL, so sad). But yeah, I go out way less than I used to thus I don't meet people and when I do I don't know how to act, I've become so timid that I'm at the point where if somebody likes me it's better if they just tell me directly otherwise I will be oblivious.