Zeus

Single People Thread

1 minute ago, nullmoon said:

I just joined Tinder. I hate it. That is all. 

I tried it once, but I never met up with anyone and hid my profile within about an hour because:

1. None of the guys looked to be my type.

2. There was this annoying habit of people setting pictures of them with their friends as their profile pics (how do I know which one's them? And have they ever considered that maybe their friends don't want to be on their Tinder profile? -_-).

3. I've heard too many horror stories about people matching with their relatives.

26 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I tried it once, but I never met up with anyone and hid my profile within about an hour because:

1. None of the guys looked to be my type.

2. There was this annoying habit of people setting pictures of them with their friends as their profile pics (how do I know which one's them? And have they ever considered that maybe their friends don't want to be on their Tinder profile? -_-).

3. I've heard too many horror stories about people matching with their relatives.

I agree with 1 and 2... But 3? Seriously?! :o

Just now, nullmoon said:

I agree with 1 and 2... But 3? Seriously?! :o

Yup, seriously. Overheard a guy in my media class saying he matched with his sister not too long ago.

How is that even possible, unless you actually want to fuck your own sister/brother? Like, you can see who the fuck you like and not. It's not even possible to match with someone you know unless you want to match with that person.

1 minute ago, Bear said:

How is that even possible, unless you actually want to fuck your own sister/brother? Like, you can see who the fuck you like and not. It's not even possible to match with someone you know unless you want to match with that person.

Maybe he worded it wrong? I think he meant she came up on his Tinder.

And how is that a problem? Then just dislike her.

What if he goes out to get laid or just find a girl to take to in a club or bar and suddenly sees her sister in the same club? Because that's basically the same shit, and unless you're a bit of a freak and perverts there should be no problems. You just don't hit on your sister. Problem solved. Same with tinder. You just dislike your sisters profile and continue looking for whatever you look for.

The state of human beings in 2019, man.

5 minutes ago, Bear said:

What if he goes out to get laid or just find a girl to take to in a club or bar and suddenly sees her sister in the same club? Because that's basically the same shit, and unless you're a bit of a freak and perverts there should be no problems. You just don't hit on your sister. Problem solved. Same with tinder. You just dislike your sisters profile and continue looking for whatever you look for.

I think the fear comes from the fact that if you can find them, they can find you. No-one wants to be found by their relatives on some hook-up site. That's just embarrassing.

9 minutes ago, Gesu said:

I think the fear comes from the fact that if you can find them, they can find you. No-one wants to be found by their relatives on some hook-up site. That's just embarrassing.

It really isn't embarrassing tbh. At least not for adults.

What's your age, if you don't mind me asking?

Just now, Bear said:

It really isn't embarrassing tbh. At least not for adults.

What's your age, if you don't mind me asking?

Eh, I'm an adult and I'd get pretty embarrassed by it. That being said, I get embarrassed quite easily anyways. Granted, I am only just an adult (eighteen), but still. I'm a lot more bashful than most people my age.

9 hours ago, Bear said:

Dude, not sure if it's your intention but you're coming across as mega hostile. It's almost as if you accidentally hit on your sister and you're trying to hide it XD 

In all seriousness though, @Gesuwas just making an observation. She can't speak for the actions of other people. 

9 hours ago, Euronymous said:

never been in a long and serious relationship and i'm at my early 20's already

it's been a while since i don't enjoy peoples company,i like to be in solitude,but...

u know,humans weren't made to be completely alone forever.

I hear you. You could always try something casual? You get that interaction but at the same time you get your own space? :)

42 minutes ago, suji said:

hello i'm crushing on my sister's friend cuz she looks just like my type and i've barely spoken to her hELP

Cool! Is there anything stopping you from getting to know her more? Maybe your sis can put in a good word? :3

Well,I guess I just haven't been lucky enough with that.i wouldn't mind spending my free time with some girl that appreciates being with me.Just couldn't find someone to make me that interested.

Furthermore, it's kinda amusing this "type" thing,cuz every fuckin girl that wanted to "take me" wasn't my "type" and all the girls I wanted didn't give a shit about me. Lol 

People say that I'm good looking but some times I get very pissed off bcuz of acne,they don't stop lol 

18 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

Well,I guess I just haven't been lucky enough with that.i wouldn't mind spending my free time with some girl that appreciates being with me.Just couldn't find someone to make me that interested.

Furthermore, it's kinda amusing this "type" thing,cuz every fuckin girl that wanted to "take me" wasn't my "type" and all the girls I wanted didn't give a shit about me. Lol 

People say that I'm good looking but some times I get very pissed off bcuz of acne,they don't stop lol 

This is pretty much my life and is the reason why online dating is horrific. Everyone I like doesn't like me, and I don't like anyone who approaches me XD 

Maybe try joining some meetups so you can at least hang out with people who have similar interests? Sometimes just being around like-minded people, rather than aiming for a partner, is good enough :)

At my age people used this app called Yubo (formerly Yellow) its basically Tinder for horny teens.

I used it once and never used it again. I rather just meet someone in person than on a phone. Hell, I’m not even interested in a relationship at the moment. Although, I’ve had like a crush like back in December. 

Love sucks XD

46 minutes ago, Euronymous said:

Oof, I feel ya there, buddy. I seem to attract very confident, almost "in-your-face" types of guys when I'd rather have someone who was a little more subtle and... withdrawn? That's probably not the best word to describe it, but I like someone who takes the time to get to know me before trying to flirt with me, because even if they're super hot, how can I actually know I like the person if I know nowt about 'em? Even if we were just looking for... that, and not a relationship, I still wouldn't wanna do it with someone who was horrible. It's really annoying being attracted to shy guys, though, because I'm quite shy myself. People tell me they think I'm confident, and I guess in many ways I am, but I'm also an introvert who embarrasses easily and cowers at the thought of talking to new people unprovoked, especially hot new people who seem my type. Two shy people trying to interact when they don't yet know each other? Doesn't often work out very well, unfortunately. No-one ends up saying a thing to each other and one of them usually ends up leaving because they feel intimidated. :(

5 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Dude, not sure if it's your intention but you're coming across as mega hostile. It's almost as if you accidentally hit on your sister and you're trying to hide it XD 

In all seriousness though, @Gesuwas just making an observation. She can't speak for the actions of other people. 

Yeah, I am mega hostile. Not because I accidentally hit on my sister tho. How the fuck do you accidentally hit on your sister anyway? Care to share your experiences on the subject?

Yes, Gesu was just making an observation. And I just let her know how stupid that guy in her classes must be. If you match a relative on tinder you're a fucking freak. If you get embarrassed by seeing a relative on the app, then you're simply incredibly immature. What's the big deal here?

1 minute ago, Bear said:

If you get embarrassed by seeing a relative on the app, then you're simply incredibly immature.

Or maybe you're afraid they'll find you because you don't want your relatives to know you're looking for a shag. With all due respect, I think the fact that you admitted to being hostile says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else.

Tinder aren't exactly used mainly for getting laid anymore, tho. That changed back when they fixed the algorithm, and it made it into a much more serious dating app as chances of getting matches became lower. Hence the reason why more and more people started using it as an app to get to know each other and actually look for something serious, rather than just to hook up.

Yes, it sure does. And I am fine with that. Doesn't exactly mean anything anyway, nor does it affect me or my life in any negative way.

5 hours ago, nullmoon said:

Cool! Is there anything stopping you from getting to know her more? Maybe your sis can put in a good word? :3

she's living with another girl oop

I dont like the thought that I could be just "using" someone and the other using me as well, each person has a value.But deep inside I'm not even sure if i wanna be in a serious relationship.I mean,my body has it's desires,but that's all. When I see a nice couple walking together on the streets i feel like I need that in my life too,but in other hand I don't want the "responsibilities" that comes along...It's complicated.

Edited by Euronymous