Zeus

Single People Thread

3 hours ago, AliceParanoid said:

Single forever and I will stay single forever. 
No one would want to date me anyway. lol.

Haven't found someone who deserves me yet.

I edited it for you huuun

btwstop making fun of me

4 hours ago, Shir0 said:

I edited it for you huuun

btwstop making fun of me

Ahahaaahahah omfg so sweeet of you xD 
I will just marry you when I will be single with 40. Wayne if you have a boyfriend or not XD

@AliceParanoid  Bahaha I already plan on living with my 7 cats/dogs (and get eaten by them) + I already have a wedding deal with someonee

6 hours ago, AliceParanoid said:

Wayne if you have a boyfriend or not XD

Ok cool.. I don't mind you joining my harem consisting of Karma, Tenten, Chiaki, Zen, Tzk, Yuuki, *keeps counting* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hahaha omg single af

5 hours ago, Shir0 said:

@AliceParanoid  Bahaha I already plan on living with my 7 cats/dogs (and get eaten by them) + I already have a wedding deal with someone you <3 <3 <3

Ok cool.. I don't mind you joining my harem consisting of Karma, Tenten, Chiaki, Zen, Tzk, Yuuki, *keeps counting* ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ hahaha omg single af

Just corrected it. 

It's 6AM where I live and I still haven't slept and I need to rant about something LOL

Wrote here about 2 years ago, but still the same...I'm still single! Over these past years I've become more secure of myself and started telling myself that if I like someone, I have to tell that someone immediately, without really thinking about the consequences. The problem is that I still can't get two words together when I have to do that. 

I've had a few crushes both on male and female (yes, I'm bi and I'm a guy :P ), but they all bit the dust. And, I have to say, pretty recently. 

The first was with a girl who came to my university and had some classes together. The first time we met was at an exam. A few months later, when my mum was in the hospital for a nearly goddamn fucking fatal asthma attack, I discovered that her "roommate" was this girl's aunt, so we started talking and we bonded really quickly due to our passion for the English language and literature and our both writing songs. Suffice it to say that I was madly in love with her, but of course never had the guts to tell her. Anyway, some time later we kind of talked less often so my infatuation started fading out and I thought for good until the other day when she posted a photo on her FB page with her "English buddy"....as soon as I saw it, I kind of flipped out. How could it hurt that much if I had already "forgot" about her?

My other crushes (all at university strangely enough) have been less complicated I should say, because one involved a person that I still talk to and is a good friend and I'm happy with it; the other one, instead, was/is for a professor at my university...but he is like 45-50. Married. With children. (And don't think he's gay or bi in any possible way) How could I have an approach with him?? And it would be a bit awkward to date someone that old xD

So yeah, basically now I'm free from any love relationship/love at first sight/crush/etc...and I don't even want to be in a relationship either. I'm fine with the life I live right now. I'll just wait for it to arrive when I least expect it.

Peace. 

I have never been in a relationship before and haven't seen anyone I was attracted to in years. But I am fine with that. I think I would have a hard time balancing a relationship with graduate school. A lot of my friends from high school are in relationships though.

I kinda have been single for my entire life.

Despite the fact that there was a girl I met online a couple years ago through social media. We talked some and soon became best friends, then finally dating (I guess?). It was long distance though, I mean she lived on an entirely different continent. But we were constantly making motions to meet each other one day, and she would be allowed to stay with me for a week or so. That all went to shit when she met this other girl who lived in the country next to her. They became the BEST of friends, visiting each other within weeks of knowing one another and spending a month in Japan after knowing each other for 3 months!! 

I felt hurt, especially since she had stopped talking to me less and less, and she had done all this with someone she barely knew while she had been speaking with me for well over a year. Fast forward some, she later told me that we never WERE dating (so she technically didn't cheat on me when I figured out she had slept with her new best friend. Her logic).

This story is very clipped and is actually much longer but I'm entirely over this situation hence I'm too lazy to rehash it all. Just wanted to put this here in a short explanation that I have been truly single ever since. I'll be moving somewhere else within a year so I hope to meet someone new.

I have lost all hope in long distance relationships too since I feel I am easily replaceable. I fear that a similar situation will happen again....so yeah.

How's it like to be in an actual relationship lmao

On 7/10/2016 at 9:14 PM, gekiai said:

How's it like to be in an actual relationship lmao

It's a fucking nightmare if you don't trust each each other.

5 minutes ago, Nyasagi said:

I'm out of here, finally found someone. I hope it will last :)

Don't come on too strong now. Good luck.

So my date just bailed on me, after we planned to go to the DGD concert tonight.

???

"I already have plans. I'm sorry :( "

You must be some special kind of bitch, to actually have the nerve to text me that response. Were you even planning to let me know if i had not called you?......

Ugh.

Wtf is with you younger kids and not communicating? Jeezus.

Have the decency to at least call me and cancel ahead of time so I can find a replacement.

So interesting to read all your opinions, and so relateable. I've been single my entire life and I am not really in a hurry. Not only I seem to have high intellectual standards, most guys I meet that seem sort of attractive-ish are either taken, assholes or really stupid, but there's also the fact that I hate physical contact and that's probably going to hinder any relationship I intend to have...

Anyway. 23 years old, forever single. I think I've been seriously attracted to... two people in the history of ever. And one of them I met online and turned out to be one of those guys who just wants sex. And the other one had a long distance relationship and didn't like me at all that way.

Why is it that I just can't be attracted to anyone I meet? Is it VK that messed me up? Is it that I read too much? Somehow I always find unforgiveable flaws in every person I meet. Or is it that men in my country are just too messed up?

Been single for pretty much exactly a year now. Was in a 4 year long relationship before that. I do miss being in a relationship but I don't want to get into one -just because- either. All the girls i've been with this past year just ends as friends/friends with benefits/regular hook-up. And while that's nice I do consider myself to be more of the relationship-kind of guy. I just wonder how long it will take until I really fall for someone again... (´-ω-`)

I'm currently single.

I've dated or have had things that almost turned in to something more with great people, but I never had myself figured out to really make an effort to make sure those lasted. Commitment scares me... I know that sounds odd because if commitment scares me then maybe it's the wrong person. I literally get anxiety when deciding if I want to be with someone. I don't date for fun and I do believe that when you date someone it should be in hopes to last forever. Of course that doesn't always happen but you never know. It's just that. I like someone. They like me. Cute. But then they act on it and take it further before I'm ready. What if I do end up with this person forever??? And while I take my time to decide (I take too long I guess) the general window of interest comes to a close and things go back to how they were before I knew them. Then if I do say yes, I second guess myself... I become suspicious (which I've been suspicious with good reason 3 times) and it ends because I can't handle it. Earlier this year I met someone who I connected with immediately and did everything with. I had no hesitation being in a relationship with them because we had already been around each other so much and hand disagreements and things we strongly believe together but we also had an understanding. It was a nice... fake... month. Things were a little too good to be true. The break up was sudden and with out an answer as to why. I just got back from California (which he met me at the airport on his own to see me off before i left and I was only gone about a week) and he stayed over like he usually did. Nothing out of the ordinary happened but somehow I knew? Because I felt happy I knew it wasn't going to last. I drove him home and on the way he said he just wanted to be friends. I said "Ok." and he asked why I wasn't crying. I don't know why i didn't cry in that moment... maybe it was to keep him from feeling guilty for having to be the one to end it. He got out of the car, I gave him his bag, said bye with out even looking at each other... That was in May and I haven't seen him since. We only recently started talking again through fb and I'm doing my best to just be normal. I still don't really know what I did wrong...

I guess the moral of the story is that I learned not to trust my instinct and that chemistry can change at any given time no matter how well you work together. 

Nothing is permanent and the only thing that's for sure is that we all die. Some of us alone. Some of us not. 

I'll probably be alone.

11 minutes ago, Uglymouth said:

Been single for pretty much exactly a year now. Was in a 4 year long relationship before that. I do miss being in a relationship but I don't want to get into one -just because- either. All the girls i've been with this past year just ends as friends/friends with benefits/regular hook-up. And while that's nice I do consider myself to be more of the relationship-kind of guy. I just wonder how long it will take until I really fall for someone again... (´-ω-`)

Hey 4 years is a long time. I've never been in a relationship that long but I would imagine it takes a lot of time to adjust and heal from that suddenly missing from your everyday life. Focus on you and what you want in life outside of a relationship and hopefully that will allow you to connect with people that positively gravitate towards you because you want similar things in life. 

at least that's how I like to wish things worked.

Been single for a few months now. Being in a relationship is/was pretty great and I miss the whole being in love thing, but yeah, not sure how long it'll take me to feel ready for another one. Getting my shit together and working on my mental health seem way more important these days. :)

2 hours ago, togz said:

I don't date for fun and I do believe that when you date someone it should be in hopes to last forever.

This is so important.

People whine about other people. They whine about their relationships failing. They whine about not being able to find their "true love". But it seems most people today are already thinking about "when we break up" right after starting and no one is willing to last :/

7 hours ago, Komorebi said:

Why is it that I just can't be attracted to anyone I meet? Is it VK that messed me up? Is it that I read too much? Somehow I always find unforgiveable flaws in every person I meet. Or is it that men in my country are just too messed up?

Probably because you aren't an idiot. 

I believe the way you view attraction, and the way you believe everyone else sees it, should not be mixed.

Different priorities. Some people will fuck anything that moves, or vice versa. 

Someone with their head on straight will actually take the time to get to know someone before letting those sparks fly.

I think the butterflies in my stomach feel a lot nicer than the throbbing sensation between my legs that will be forgotten quickly.

VK does not mess you up. If anything, it has helped remedy some of the worst periods of my life. I feel people who have their own interest in genre, are much more interesting b/c they aren't sheep and follow the mainstream.

You read? That's awesome!

You don't often hear anyone talk about literature, let alone utter the word "book".

Where are you from? People are shit everywhere.

Spoiler

I really want to talk to a lot of you guys, seriously.

I feel like Frasier sometimes lol

16 hours ago, YuyoDrift said:

Probably because you aren't an idiot. 

I believe the way you view attraction, and the way you believe everyone else sees it, should not be mixed.

Different priorities. Some people will fuck anything that moves, or vice versa. 

Someone with their head on straight will actually take the time to get to know someone before letting those sparks fly.

I think the butterflies in my stomach feel a lot nicer than the throbbing sensation between my legs that will be forgotten quickly.

VK does not mess you up. If anything, it has helped remedy some of the worst periods of my life. I feel people who have their own interest in genre, are much more interesting b/c they aren't sheep and follow the mainstream.

You read? That's awesome!

You don't often hear anyone talk about literature, let alone utter the word "book".

Where are you from? People are shit everywhere.

Yeah, most likely because I'm not really interested in those "touch and go" kind of relationships...

Sex is overrated, how long does it last anyway? 

I read. I used to read A LOT, to the point I only did that XD Now I evenly split my time between reading and other hobbies. But yes, sometimes it's hard to find people who are interested in books.

I'm from Chile, where people are obsessed with sex and cheating, apparently.

I've been single for about 2 years and some change now. Since then its pretty much been a streak of bad-luck on my end. The last few times I've felt compelled to try and go for someone who's peaked my interest, a lot of the time its ended up in whatever relationship we had prior just going to shit. So ATM I'm just super reluctant to even put myself out there any more. I currently do have a crush on someone but I'm probably gonna stay silent on the matter because I'm pretty sure the streak will continue and its not worth the potential sacrifice of loosing another person in my life.  In the mean time I do my best to keep myself from thinking too much about it by keeping busy. You'd be surprised how well engaging in a passionate hobby can nullify the occasional feels of 'loneliness' for a fairly significant amount of time.  If all else fails, I'm pretty comfortable with being alone till my time here is up. As long as im doing what I want/makes me happy in life, I'll manage.

Some people don't like sex, that's cool. Some people like it, and that's cool too.

It's not so much about what people want out of their relationships and judging others by that, but rather that people should try to find someone who have similar needs and goals when it comes to such relationships. And there's plenty of other things than opinion on sex that needs to align in order for it to work out. Mismatched couples rarely last because they get on each others nerves due to one party feeling neglected and the other smothered. A lot of these situations could be avoided if people were just slightly more open to talking about these things.

At least that's my take on it.

i always thought being single was awesome, but it really sucks now. :<

yet, i'm too afraid to start a relationship....never had one before.

Edited by plastic_rainbow