Jigsaw9

Post-punk / New wave / Goth / Deathrock

Hell yeah, Horror Vacui rules! Haven't listened to their latest album that much but their previous one (the one you linked) is really good.

Edited by Jigsaw9

unfortunately this is the only album i could find from this band.one of the best post punk albums i ever heard

the vocalist has such a sweet voice,and the guitar tone chosen is pretty enjoyble

nice atmosphere,very accessible,catchy and good to listen while traveling/going or on the way back to home

This thread needs a revival, there's been so much good stuff in the scene lately!

New Skeletal faces are a pretty dope deathrock band and my recent find:

Spoiler

Trashlight are making some heavily shoegaze inspired post-punk/goth music, their EP is fresh and new:

Spoiler

Another great deathrock band that recently released a debut EP, Nox Novacula:

Spoiler

Also kaelan Mikla and Whisperign Sons are going to drop an album in the following weeks. The songs they have released for preview are already very promising:

Spoiler

Kaelan Mikla are amazing! Haven't actually listened to any of their studio stuff, just saw them last night opening for King Dude and they were seriously better than the main act, haha. Ultra-cool moody atmosphere and excellent '80s inspired sound. Love love love!

In other news, my favorite Hungarian band (who happen to play deathrock / post-punk / punk) dropped their new album todayyyyy ❤️

https://padkarosda.bandcamp.com/album/visszat-r-r-m-lom-2018

Oh hell yeah! New, gothy pop with Alan Averill Nemtheanga of Primordial and a man called Gareth Averill who's a film composer. Sounds really good and catchy.

Well, here's one of my favorite bands, which disbanded recently since one of the members passed out ☹️

Angels of Liberty

"Angels Of Liberty were a UK based new old skool Goth band.

Formed in 2011 the band spent years on painstaking research. The task was undertaken by getting monstrously drunk out on the UK scene following some of the best Goth Rock bands during the nineties."

Spoiler

some of the albums i've been listening to lately

Detriti records is a German label (if i'm not wrong) they have some really interesting releases

if you've been looking for some fresh stuff related to dark synthpop/coldwave/post-punk

highly recommend these tracks.

god this is probably how Ian Curtis would sound like

if he had survived time enough to form his own dark synthpop  project

This one below is the side project from the vocalist of the spanish and phenomenal post-punk band Belgrado

really cool shit,the beats are hypnotic and cold,with her robotic and smooth vocals floating around

A band with a nascent popularity but I didn't see it on this topic

Young English guys formed a post-punk band and they release their first album on early 2018, they're known for their furious lives

The song I share is the darkest, the rest of the album remains post-punk but with indie rock

Edited by SoulTheBaka

I guess this could even fit into the metal thread, but whatever. Idle Hands released their debut album yesterday, and it's glorious! Combines the lighter and more gothic leanings of occult metal bands like In Solitude with the hymnic qualities of dark bands like The Sisters of Mercy, sort of.

Stream & buy over here: https://idlehandspdx.bandcamp.com/album/mana (it's also up in full on Youtube)

Here's a taste from their equally great EP from last year:

Finally a new She Past Away. album. After one listen it's far from as good as their previous stuff, but it still sounds really good. Not as dark, a bit weirder and less catchy. But check it out, guys.

here's some pretty alright stuff that came out this year

U-BAHN -U-BAHN

Australian band that sounds like what you'd get if 'Q: Are We Not Men?'-era Devo and Ariel Pink had a head-on collision. If that sounds like your thing you'll definitely like this.

Spoiler

Jakuzi - Hata Payı

More post-punk/synth stuff from Turkey. Recommended if you like Molchat Doma, Drab Majesty, She Past Away and that kind of stuff probably

Spoiler

Drahla - Useless Coordinates

Definitely some Sonic Youth influence here. Little bit no wave-y at times

Spoiler

The Faint - Egowerk

The Faint's back at it again. This time around they've set the 'punk' side of 'dance-punk' aside for the most part and decided to double down on the electronic aspect of their sound. Whether it works or not is up to you I guess - personally I found that some of the tracks kinda start to blend together at a certain point, but there's still some bangers on here

Spoiler

Snapped Ankles - Stunning Luxury

Another dance punk group. This one strikes a bit more of a balance between the dance and punk influences than The Faint's album does. 

Spoiler

French Vanilla - How Am I Not Myself?

This is that kind of stuff Pitchfork woulda been all over if it would've been released in 2009

Spoiler

Erik Nervous & The Beta Blockers - LP

More Devo-worship. I'm REALLY happy this particular variety of post-punk seems to be making a comeback these last couple of years as I just love the nervous and anxious side of post-punk a lot. 

Spoiler

Girl Band - The Talkies

Album's not out yet but I've got high hopes for this one. Also for the noise rock fans out there

Spoiler

bonus that isn't from 2019:

HMLTD

american_cali_gari.wmv

Spoiler

New deathrock band fronted by Errol Fritz (of They Feed at Night) - New Skeletal Faces, which has a really interesting bleak and heavy sound:

Debut album was released on Halloween.

And for fans of groups like She Past Away and Drab Majesty, there's Twin Tribes, who just released their second album.

Edited by Ikna