Jump to content
Champ213

The Music Recommendations Thread

Recommended Posts

Anyone got any good V-kei/J-rock bands/artists they recommend? I’m trying to find more bands/artists to listen to than just the more well-known ones (The Gazette, X Japan, Versailles, etc.) but I haven’t had much luck.

 

Would prefer the bands/artists to be active, but it’s no requirement.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 5:11 PM, AmberCrystal17 said:

Anyone got any good V-kei/J-rock bands/artists they recommend? I’m trying to find more bands/artists to listen to than just the more well-known ones (The Gazette, X Japan, Versailles, etc.) but I haven’t had much luck.

 

Would prefer the bands/artists to be active, but it’s no requirement.

DIMLIM, DEZERT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello, everyone. I was looking for more Japanese bands like:

 

Dir en grey

GazettE

kizu

OZ

lynch

 

There's a whole laundry list of other "heavy" v-kei bands I've listened to (Deathgaze, Girugamesh, Sadie, 12012, Mao's new band, MUCC, D'espairsRay, Rentrer En Soi, Nega, UnsraW, DIO, Nocturnal Bloodlust); but found most of them to be pretty lame with the exception of MUCC and RES.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm looking for recommendations for Visual Kei bands that are dark and moody in the vein of the track 'Ominous' by The Gazette, preferably without screaming vocals. I'm really into anything with an oppressive, grim or bleak atmosphere. It's helpful if there's use of piano as well. Other similar tracks I've found are 'Until...' by Mejibray and '赤' by Dir En Grey.

 

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning because it's not really Vkei, but there's an album by Phantasm + FES (Fictional band from the Steins;Gate/Chaos;Head franchise fronted by Sakakibara Yui) who have done some albums that really fit this tone too, if anyone needs an extra point of reference.

 

I know this is kind of a niche recommendation, but even if someone could recommend albums or songs it'd be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2018 at 11:05 AM, rarestlobster said:

I'm looking for recommendations for Visual Kei bands that are dark and moody in the vein of the track 'Ominous' by The Gazette, preferably without screaming vocals. I'm really into anything with an oppressive, grim or bleak atmosphere. It's helpful if there's use of piano as well. Other similar tracks I've found are 'Until...' by Mejibray and '赤' by Dir En Grey.

 

I'm not sure if it's worth mentioning because it's not really Vkei, but there's an album by Phantasm + FES (Fictional band from the Steins;Gate/Chaos;Head franchise fronted by Sakakibara Yui) who have done some albums that really fit this tone too, if anyone needs an extra point of reference.

 

I know this is kind of a niche recommendation, but even if someone could recommend albums or songs it'd be great.

I would highly recommend you to delve into progressive metal.

 

A lot of progressive bands use beautiful clean vocals with haunting and atmospheric music.

 

Checkout the official Spotify progressive metal playlist. I'm so sure you won't be disappointed.

 

If you only want Japanese stuff then check out 

- the Novembers, and other shoegaze genre bands

 

- sarigia

 

- dimlim - though it has screaming but the atmosphere is there.

Edited by FOSCOR70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2018 at 1:11 AM, geist said:

Hello, everyone. I was looking for more Japanese bands like:

 

Dir en grey

GazettE

kizu

OZ

lynch

 

There's a whole laundry list of other "heavy" v-kei bands I've listened to (Deathgaze, Girugamesh, Sadie, 12012, Mao's new band, MUCC, D'espairsRay, Rentrer En Soi, Nega, UnsraW, DIO, Nocturnal Bloodlust); but found most of them to be pretty lame with the exception of MUCC and RES.

 

Thanks!

The black swan,dimlim,nazare,d.i.d., deviloof,sarigia,gozenreiji,razor,verxina

Edited by FOSCOR70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/22/2018 at 4:41 AM, AmberCrystal17 said:

Anyone got any good V-kei/J-rock bands/artists they recommend? I’m trying to find more bands/artists to listen to than just the more well-known ones (The Gazette, X Japan, Versailles, etc.) but I haven’t had much luck.

 

Would prefer the bands/artists to be active, but it’s no requirement.

D.I.D.

 

And you can also check out this playlist-

 

https://open.spotify.com/user/31y4mcvm4zhhdyhbs6pxblcx5tqy/playlist/5ihqUNnv9MxiwwtszYp5Ns?si=z0pcP60lQUG7aa8im2TAig

 

 

Edited by FOSCOR70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/21/2018 at 4:11 PM, AmberCrystal17 said:

Anyone got any good V-kei/J-rock bands/artists they recommend? I’m trying to find more bands/artists to listen to than just the more well-known ones (The Gazette, X Japan, Versailles, etc.) but I haven’t had much luck.

 

Would prefer the bands/artists to be active, but it’s no requirement.

Kizu, Dadaroma, Arlequin, Reign, Dimlim, Jiluka 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for some good vk bands/vocalists who use a little high pitched voice in singing or naturally have a high pitched voice.

 

I'm looking for clean vocals obviously with minimal or no screaming but it's not a must.

 

Thank you.

Edited by FOSCOR70

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×